Poll: Who would you support
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Big Ant Studios
79.03%
49 79.03%
EA Sports
20.97%
13 20.97%
Total 62 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2.25 Average
RLL3 (Big Ant Studios) v NRL 16 (EA Sports)
(08-14-2015, 06:22 PM)SOR Wrote: Why not both?

Because the thread was made due to people saying EA Sports should make the game, Triple M NRL posted it. I dont think EA Sports and Big Ant will work side by side its like both Wicked Witch and Big Ant working on a game together.
Having EA develop an NRL game is tempting, until you imagine the shitty business reputation that they have. They would buy out a development team (probably Big Ant) and work them to exhaustion, and pay them half the money they deserve. They will also add on-disc DLC and pay-to-win bullshit.

I would rather support a "local" studio than EA sports any day of the week.
(08-14-2015, 07:24 PM)pure_brad Wrote:
(08-14-2015, 06:22 PM)SOR Wrote: Why not both?

Because the thread was made due to people saying EA Sports should make the game, Triple M NRL posted it. I dont think EA Sports and Big Ant will work side by side its like both Wicked Witch and Big Ant working on a game together.

If both games were made I'm sure the majority would buy both though. I would.
ha, imagine that. a game that doesnt exist gets more exposure than one that does with a simple FB post from a mainstream resource.

TB are inept

the funny thing is EA could buy the NRL rights with loose change and wipe TB out of it. Then contract Bullant to develop the game, and all those EA lovers on facebook would love this very same game.
X1: Kulch
PSN: akulch
Steam: Kulch
(08-14-2015, 07:24 PM)pure_brad Wrote: Because the thread was made due to people saying EA Sports should make the game, Triple M NRL posted it. I dont think EA Sports and Big Ant will work side by side its like both Wicked Witch and Big Ant working on a game together.

I'd love to see Wicked Witch work with Big Ant on AFL... that is if WW could make good coffee and not screw up the lunch orders.

EA wouldn't do Rugby League justice and as it is, Big Ant are going to show EA how to make a Lacrosse game.
“There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.”
Creative Assembly did one of my favourite rugby league games.
F**k EA and their micro transactions.
That was kind of a low blow to our local developers and publishers. Triple M 'NRL', yet no post about the licensed NRL game coming out.
(08-14-2015, 05:56 PM)pure_brad Wrote: I found a post made by Triple M NRL on Facebook were they shared a picture that has Shaun Johnson and JT on the cover with NRL 16 pictured over them. They then captioned it saying 'would you buy this'. Firstly I think its a cheap shot at Big Ant Studios, because the trailer was only released yesterday. Secondly Triple M NRL can make a post about a game that is not even in development and advertise EA Sports. Yet no post about new Rugby League Live 3 Game made by an "Australian" company. I wonder what company people on these forums would support, if both these games were made. Big Ant Studios or EA Sports, I for one show my support for Ross and the employees at Big Ant Studios.

Please select your preferred developer above, it wont show who votes for who only how many votes each selection gets.

This is a pretty simple one for two reasons: 1. Ross and the boys are putting a lot of love into this and deserve our respect for that, and 2. EA Sports have a f##king terrible track record with niche sports...

They palm them off to fringe developers, given them d##k all resources and then force early releases. Pick yourself up a copy of their almost famously awful Rugby 2004 if you don't believe me. Possibly the worst sports game ever made - and it had the almighty EA logo smack bang on the front.

People who put their faith in EA as some sort of potential savour for a rugby league game are either very young or very dumb.
Yeah All EA has is the big bucks to make things happen. Doesn't matter though, as any publisher with an ounce of business sense, isn't going to spend a mint on a rugby league game. That brings small timers like BA right into the picture. Oh, and then there's the first hand knowledge of a niche sport such as rugby league, that EA have no idea about

They even stuffed up cricket games back in the day. CWC'99 anyone? They had warnie as a "left arm chinaman"...
If EA didn't rush the game out and it actually had a large sum of cash backing it then yes.

But even if EA were to pick it up, neither of those things would happen.

Hell, even if they did, I probably wouldn't buy it anyway because I still have nightmares about being restricted to a tiny city in SimCity 2013.

EDIT: So many people on that post blaming Tru Blu and Big Ant for how Rugby Challenge turned out when Sidhe were the ones that made it. Makes my eyes bleed.