Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Screen freeze since new download
Just downloaded new patch and now the game has frozen 3 times at the Press Start screen when it is loading profile. Anyone else having this?
Instructions from Tru Blu -

"Try deleting your patch and redownloading it. if this still doesn't work back up your saved files firstly on a USB before deleting your saved files and deleting the patch to reinstall again."

OR if that doesn't work, you will have to delete your save game

"Go to your Playstation dashboard and select 'Game', go to 'Game Data Utility', select the game and press the triangle button to delete the RLL 2 patch.

To delete saved date, once again in your dashboard under 'Game' select 'Saved Data Utility' and press the triangle button to delete all RLL 2 saved files."
Ok thanks for that. My mates also froze in footy factory.
Thanks for the help azsportza. I had this problem when I downloaded the patch and after several attempts of trying to get in I thought I'd search the trusty old internet for answers.
I have followed these steps multiple times now yet still receive the freeze screen once I copy my saved files back to my PS3.

I have tried copying them both before and after the re-install.
(12-20-2012, 06:48 PM)FPS12 Wrote: I have followed these steps multiple times now yet still receive the freeze screen once I copy my saved files back to my PS3.

You may, sadly, have to start the game again...not sure why it's an issue but as per Tru Blu's instructions it seems the save file doesn't work after updating
I backed it up and deleted it all then booted the game up and it downloaded the patch. You deleted the patch right? I also put my data back on after the re-install
Yes, I must have downloaded the patch close to 10 times now.
Some patches don't work as well on the old fat PS3 too for some reason. Do any of you have one of those?

(12-20-2012, 06:49 PM)azsportza Wrote:
(12-20-2012, 06:48 PM)FPS12 Wrote: I have followed these steps multiple times now yet still receive the freeze screen once I copy my saved files back to my PS3.

You may, sadly, have to start the game again...not sure why it's an issue but as per Tru Blu's instructions it seems the save file doesn't work after updating

Wow.

If that is the case, I won't be bothering. That is going to seriously annoy those people that have invested much more time in the game than myself.