Poll: Should we invade The Gamesmen
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
YES
65.00%
13 65.00%
NO
35.00%
7 35.00%
Total 20 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gamesmen pre play competition
Hey tom have you met hobbstar?
(08-08-2015, 10:28 PM)Jasche78 Wrote: Prior to my career in the AFP I was in the Australian Army (4 years in Recon) and recall having a conversation along these lines with another soldier whilst on deployment overseas however we were on some pretty good coin over there at the time....

What? You're a federal agent? And you were in a special forces prior to that????
Pffft, my car has a CD player.
Might be a silly question but what is the difference between the AFP Officers I see in Sydney and the NSW Police I see in Sydney?

I understand that they're likely trained differently but are the AFP likely to pull you over for an unsafe driving violation or are they around for more serious crimes?
(08-09-2015, 09:36 AM)SOR Wrote: Might be a silly question but what is the difference between the AFP Officers I see in Sydney and the NSW Police I see in Sydney?

I understand that they're likely trained differently but are the AFP likely to pull you over for an unsafe driving violation or are they around for more serious crimes?

Depends on the AFP Officers that you are seeing.

There are Liaison Officers (LO's) that work alongside NSW Police Officers and for intensive purposes are sworn into the NSW Police as special constables in so that offences committed under the NSW Criminal Code, Crimes ACT and so forth give the AFP Officers powers to act upon those offences.

Other AFP Officers that you may come across are part of a Protection capacity and provide a security function to high office holders such as the Prime Minister, Internationally Protected Persons and assets of National Interest. All AFP sworn officers have powers of arrest and search and act upon the legislation that gives them that power which is Section 14a Australian Federal Police Act 1979.
Depends on the circumstance if you will be pulled over as they may have a priority tasking at the time but it's not to difficult to get on the radio and notify another officer to attend or even proceed by means of summons.

You will also notice AFP Officers are located at every major airport in the country....