Poll: What will we get?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Gameplay Trailer
15.91%
7 15.91%
Release Date & Trailer
47.73%
21 47.73%
FanHub Update
22.73%
10 22.73%
Game Released!
13.64%
6 13.64%
Total 44 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 9 Vote(s) - 4.11 Average
Random Stuff being discussed this week.
Has, I thought I specifically stated that most super league teams play to structure, but not that it was directly linked to the quality of the team in question which was what you insinuated, was that not clear?

The NFL is a great product, but I'd ask you to take your rose tinted spectacles off for a moment. A lot of NFL games are one sided, with perennial struggles, I should know, I'm a dolphins fan. The athletes are good, but you cannot compare them to rugby league players because of the different components of fitness and skill needed in their sport. Could you see someone like Vince Wilfork playing rugby anytime soon. I do agree that there are some great athletes who don't make it to the big leagues who if targeted early enough would make great league players.

All games are not sellouts several games a year are given a media blackout and not put on TV because the team don't sell enough tickets. Many people also prefer college football to the NFL because it has less structure and more risk taking, which is funnily enough what we were discussing about NRL and SL. How about the fact NFL is blatantly geared towards offense over defense, or the fact that most fans seem to disagree with you in terms of how the sport is run by the governing body. Annoyingly they also believe football should be kept in the USA, like you and the NRL.

The Burgess twins would not have ended up in the NRL if not for Sam, who had SL experience. Recently NRL cluvs have started looking at younger talent, a couple have gone from Leeds recently, but we were talking about Morley and Ellis. Are you suggesting an NRL talent scout would have found Moz 20 odd years ago when he was playing age group rugby, or that he'd even be playing rugby at the age if there was not a professional clubs presence in what is otherwise a football (soccer) mad area? Have you read his autobiography?
(07-28-2015, 11:03 AM)roostersule2 Wrote:
(07-28-2015, 10:38 AM)SOR Wrote: Robinson got his start coaching first grade in England, he counts. I'd also count Moa, it was said he was untalented and he played 1 game for the Sharks before going to England. Without that trip to England he'd still have that "He's shit" smell on him instead of representing New Zealand and winning a grand final. He counts.

Willie Manu had played a fair amount of first grade over here first so he doesn't count but to say Robinson and Moa don't count because they were born here is ignorant. Both were given their shot in England and they'd both be unemployed without Super League.
Robinson was an assitant coach to Smith for years, when Smith got sacked the players all wanted Robinson as coach. Regardless of whether he went to SL he would have been our coach.

Moa's story proves how bad SL is. An NRL reject who becomes great in SL. It was Fitzgibbon, heart[/b] and chance that he succeed over here.

(07-28-2015, 10:45 AM)Ruck Wrote: So a French "Flop" played 11 games for the Roosters... strange that the Roosters would field a flop for two Final appearances.
He was a flop, he wasn't good, he left after a year, therefore he was a flop.

Sam Moa wasn't a great over here by any stretch, he was a decent player but not one of the leagues top stars at all. You are clueless
Agreed, I was surprised how well Moa has gone back in Aus, with all due respect, I thought Hull was about his level
(07-28-2015, 11:16 AM)Dave7 Wrote:
(07-28-2015, 11:10 AM)roostersule2 Wrote:
(07-28-2015, 11:07 AM)Ruck Wrote: Also to say their system is a mess is your opinion. I think there is a lot of merit to their club trained players rule.

"The 'club trained player' rule stipulates that each club must have a minimum number of players who are aged under 21 years or are graduates from their own academy system in their 25-man first team squad. Clubs are also required to have a minimum number of UK-trained players (or in the case of the Catalans Dragons, France-trained players) in their squads, and also are limited to a maximum number of "overseas" trained players."

That equates to -
8 Home Grown Players
12 UK Trained Players
5 Overseas Trained Players (max)
I never even talked about this?

I said there unstructured play style is a mess.

To the guy who said they were to structured, hahaha. The game is easily more unstructured then structured, it's why players like Albert Kelly have succeeded over there.

Right because you clearly know much more about Super League than me. Saying Albert Kelly has been a 'success' is very subjective he has scored some great try's but it's widely acknowledged he is a defensive liability

He has been so successful his side didn't make the top 8. I long for such a success in my side...
Give up BenRhino it's not worth it you can't argue with someone whose arguments are plucked out of thin air without any facts to back them up. It's clear the majority of Australians or Kiwis on here respect and value Super League at least
(07-28-2015, 11:19 AM)roostersule2 Wrote:
(07-28-2015, 11:16 AM)Dave7 Wrote:
(07-28-2015, 11:10 AM)roostersule2 Wrote:
(07-28-2015, 11:07 AM)Ruck Wrote: Also to say their system is a mess is your opinion. I think there is a lot of merit to their club trained players rule.

"The 'club trained player' rule stipulates that each club must have a minimum number of players who are aged under 21 years or are graduates from their own academy system in their 25-man first team squad. Clubs are also required to have a minimum number of UK-trained players (or in the case of the Catalans Dragons, France-trained players) in their squads, and also are limited to a maximum number of "overseas" trained players."

That equates to -
8 Home Grown Players
12 UK Trained Players
5 Overseas Trained Players (max)
I never even talked about this?

I said there unstructured play style is a mess.

To the guy who said they were to structured, hahaha. The game is easily more unstructured then structured, it's why players like Albert Kelly have succeeded over there.

Right because you clearly know much more about Super League than me. Saying Albert Kelly has been a 'success' is very subjective he has scored some great try's but it's widely acknowledged he is a defensive liability
I obviously do if you think SL is structured. Every team tries to score on the first set.

Obviously I was talking about attack, which is were Kelly dominates. Every team has a structured defence if you didn't you'd get 50 points put on you every game.

Factually massively incorrect yet again.

A bit of enterprise in attack isn't a bad thing though. All about philosophy and every side is different in that regard. Your love of structure is another mans utter boredom and one of the reasons there are a number in the UK that respect the NRL but are bored watching the scripted, carbon copy 80 minutes
(07-28-2015, 06:55 PM)Dave7 Wrote: Give up BenRhino it's not worth it you can't argue with someone whose arguments are plucked out of thin air without any facts to back them up. It's clear the majority of Australians or Kiwis on here respect and value Super League at least

I can't help it man. By the way It's great to see that the majority of aussies on here are quite sensible when it comes to these things. If we want the sport to continue to grow we need more people to take this attitude.
(07-28-2015, 07:09 PM)roostersule2 Wrote: I might be wrong in my assessment of players (well at least in your opinion, I know I'm right) but my point stands.

SL is vastly inferior to the NRL, the Aus/NZ comp is the only comp in the world that is worth watching. SL will probably die off in the next 10 years.

Assessment of players is an opinion, not a fact, therefore it can never be right or wrong, but it can be harsh or unsupported, yours is the latter.

People have been saying that for years, thankfully the people who actually believe that seem to be getting less and less these days.
(07-28-2015, 07:20 PM)roostersule2 Wrote: My opinion is fact.

And that tells me everything I need to know about you, clearly logical discussion will get us nowhere.

No need to further derail this thread.
The facebook page just officially announced the best of origin dvd pre-order? I thought we already knew this lol.