Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Jillaroos V Kiwi Ferns
Yeah and I'm all for having as many teams as possible on the game. You want rugby league to look good! You want it to look more like FIFA, not like some tin-pot sport with only 2 pro leagues on the entire planet, that only blokes can play.

(Technically U20's isn't the highest level you can play at. You can still play for QLD/NSW /whoever if you're under 20 and I think there might be legal issues with having schoolboys on the game)
Illawarra League isn't exactly representing your country. Did any of those teams play at the Auckland Nines? Or have their games streamed live via the NRL website? Or have a presence on the NRL website?

The NRL seems to think they are worth backing. Got nothing to do with feminism, it's got to do with showing some respect and support for Australian Representative Players.
“There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.”
(07-14-2015, 09:45 PM)Ruck Wrote: Illawarra League isn't exactly representing your country. Did any of those teams play at the Auckland Nines? Or have their games streamed live via the NRL website? Or have a presence on the NRL website?

The NRL seems to think they are worth backing. Got nothing to do with feminism, it's got to do with showing some respect and support for Australian Representative Players.

I believe the local leagues have their squads on the NRL websites. Nothing big like streaming but a small presence.

A lot of them play for national teams as well. One of the Illawarra League guys represents Papua New Guinea I believe whilst other guys in leagues just like the Illawarra represent national teams.

The regional NSW team is going overseas soon and they will technically be representing their country. Not officially but nonetheless they are. If you throw in the Jillaroos you have to throw them in as well and the QLD equivalent (If they have one)

It's a nice idea in theory but the girls out there want equality and this is equality. Either you keep it strictly pro (Or the top 2-3 leagues in each country) or you let in every semi pro representative team which would include the Jillaroos. You can't include one semi pro team and not the others. It isn't fair.
Not sure why this thread got necro'd but here goes

The jillaroos and ferns are paid to play.. the very definition of a professional team.. cult/
wether they are as skilled/entertaining as other teams.. is up to your .mind

I for one enjoy that style of football as it is much more freestyle then set play
as a dogs supporter, 4 up the middle and then kick time and time again gets repetitive

which is also why I also like watching the warriors play..

Ruck nailed it right there..
"The NRL seems to think they are worth backing. Got nothing to do with feminism, it's got to do with showing some respect and support for Australian Representative Players."
of a national LEVEL <----
(+ Harvey Norman - a sponsor that believe in them and have donated/supplied significant funds)

Fifa aren't showcasing the Women's New York fury soccer team.. , they are putting in team USA women's soccer team (+ other National teams), they have to build a base and expand from there in later games. you cant include everyone to start

Why not include the school boys? FAN HUB add away
why not include the jillaroos.. FAN H.... oh wait that wont work..
they are not textured

put simply
Currently the 2 highest comps for women's league in Australia are the jillaroos/Ferns and NSW/QLD interstate Cup in Australia where this game is developed
sure NSW/QLD isn't international, but it is an offshoot of StateOfOr one of the most highly watched League fixtures anywhere on the planet which means it should be considered

forgive my ignorance I don't know what female presence the UK market has, they aren't televised here free to air.. unlike the jillaroos where recently

Some people here don't like it, I get that, but as a expand or die RLL needs to have more diversity rather than less to get as many people interested in the GAME , both RLL and League in general..

here dann is the mann nailed it also
"People are also saying that the womens' game isn't big enough AT THE MINUTE and that may well be true, but wouldn't it help make it bigger if it was included in a video game?..... "

as ross said, if he could still stay in business RLL live would be issued to every kid that's buys a box of Weetbix to help the sport expand and get people playing RLL, you don't generate interest by the same thing again and again

oh look.. pizza for dinner NICE..
pizza again.. sweet..
again pizza? ok..
Pizza? really?
Pizza .. cant we get something else..

why include the jillaroos? ------> ROI
because the Dollars BigAnt/Tru would have to spend to use there teams/kit/likenesses would generate significant hype around the game and return money on that investment via increased awareness of the game in NON League Area's (not guaranteed but a better chance than others)
it would show reach more people and would expose the game to people that don't already have a significant interest in it and would hopefully generate additional media coverage/sales

/rant off

Don't be that pizza man _ _ R
every time that guy speaks a kitten dies..

leaving this thread to die gracefully now
Heart Jillaroos and Kiwi Ferns for RLL4 Smile
Jesus man, sorry for giving an opinion and not agreeing with you.
(07-15-2015, 10:39 AM)MGx Wrote: Ruck nailed it right there..
"The NRL seems to think they are worth backing. Got nothing to do with feminism, it's got to do with showing some respect and support for Australian Representative Players."
of a national LEVEL <----
(+ Harvey Norman - a sponsor that believe in them and have donated/supplied significant funds)

put simply
Currently the 2 highest comps for women's league in Australia are the jillaroos/Ferns and NSW/QLD interstate Cup in Australia where this game is developed
sure NSW/QLD isn't international, but it is an offshoot of StateOfOr one of the most highly watched League fixtures anywhere on the planet which means it should be considered

here dann is the mann nailed it also
"People are also saying that the womens' game isn't big enough AT THE MINUTE and that may well be true, but wouldn't it help make it bigger if it was included in a video game?..... "

as ross said, if he could still stay in business RLL live would be issued to every kid that's buys a box of Weetbix to help the sport expand and get people playing RLL, you don't generate interest by the same thing again and again

why include the jillaroos? ------> ROI
because the Dollars BigAnt/Tru would have to spend to use there teams/kit/likenesses would generate significant hype around the game and return money on that investment via increased awareness of the game in NON League Area's (not guaranteed but a better chance than others)
it would show reach more people and would expose the game to people that don't already have a significant interest in it and would hopefully generate additional media coverage/sales

/rant off

What can I say? All very good points mate. Would be a good option to have in my view - if not for this edition, then for the next.

Doing the modelling etc for the girls wouldn't break the bank one wouldn't think, as the animations wouldn't really need to change.