Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
NRL vs Super League
Pretty much every nrl player goes over there at the back end of there career when theh are past it and they go over there and are hits over there even players like michelcdobson scott dureu were pretty mch duds here... And whoever are the top nsw cup teams
Lol its better watchn that than sl.. And no there online defence is soft and yeah maybe more breaks etc but thats the reason why sl will never be on nrl level
Excuses... all I'm hearing is that the NRL has no pride.

Also, James Graham, Sam Burgess were from Super League and are / were dominate forwards. I'm not denying NRL has the edge, but it's not that great.
“There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.”
Well, you named me two, although neither of them are past it. Oh and Dobson was signed by Newcastle on the back of his SL form and was unfortunate to get injured and Dureau is returning to the NRL and only left because he wasn't getting an chance in the NRL and clearly thought that the SL is better than being dropped to the NSW Cup.

I still somehow doubt that the top NSW Cup teams would beat SL teams and I'm not sure what you're basing that on seeing as you don't actually know who they are, or can suggest who they might beat.

Want to have another go?

And you also seem to have missed my point by quite a way. If you read back through this thread I admitted that the SL isn't on the NRL level, my argument is that poorer defence can lead to a more entertaining game. Why do you think the NRL brought in an extra ref to clear up and speed up the play the ball and make it harder for teams to defend?
Watching super league these days reminds me of how the NRL played about 10 years ago. Still highly competitive, and great to watch, but far less structure in defense and attack, less predictability, and a more free flowing and exciting game.

A lot of NRL is now telegraphed plays in attack and defense, wrestling/grappling is a huge focus now, exorbitant penalty counts, hours spent reviewing tries etc. Ten years ago Tigers were doing flick passes to win the grand final.

With the exception of warriors and raiders who aren't afraid to throw it around, the NRL of ten years ago is the Super League of today, which imo ain't a bad thing.
http://www.rugbyleagueproject.org/compet...mmary.html

The top Super League teams wouldn't be out of place in the NRL IMO.
“There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.”
Oh and as for players who are past it, well NRL teams have signed their share of them too!

There's also be a lot of flops from the NRL and there have been a few players who weren't much good over here or were past it who have done really well in the NRL
I'm pretty sure Dobson was a flop at Wigan when he first joined Super League, and later signed with the newly promoted Hull KR where he found his level. And Scott Dureau made 40+ first grade appearances by the time he was 23 playing in a key position, and has been plagued with injury during his time at Catalans. So not great examples.

I could name plenty of NRL regulars that came over to SL and flopped too. Ben Cross, Matt Orford, Wade McKinnon etc. Hell, Kevin Locke lost his place at Salford to 20 year old Niall Evalds!
(07-15-2015, 09:39 AM)Ruck Wrote: Excuses... all I'm hearing is that the NRL has no pride.

Also, James Graham, Sam Burgess were from Super League and are / were dominate forwards. I'm not denying NRL has the edge, but it's not that great.

All of the Burgess brothers were vital for Souths winning the competition last year. Tomkins didn't set the world on fire but he's been solid for the Warriors whilst Mike Cooper has been credited by some people for giving the Dragons some much needed help in the forwards.

And then you have the great man himself Adrian Morley...
At the start of the year I was against us signing mark minichello but I have been proven wrong and he has been our best forward along with gareth ellis and mickey paea this year! Just a shame we can't finish our opportunities!
Gary Connolly, Jonathan Davies, Ellery Hanley... Super League players are alright by me. Smile