Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
OFFICIAL TRAILER / TEASER
(07-08-2015, 09:47 PM)Parra Pride Wrote:
(07-08-2015, 08:15 PM)BRAB Wrote: With every release bigant close the gap on the AAA developers with a fraction of the budget, so damn impressive.

They still have a hell of a long way to go before they begin closing any gap between the big sporting titles.

(07-08-2015, 11:46 PM)Parra Pride Wrote: I don't see how simply pointing out your game still has a long way to go before it shortens any gap between it, and the big sports titles, is being a cock. Please explain it to me.

I can help here. You're being a cock because you're stating the obvious without looking at the obvious.

Sure it's accurate, but it's like complaining that you local community newspaper isn't as well resourced as News Limited or that the special effects on an ABC sci-fi doco don't meet the standards set by The Avengers.

If you had a spare $20 million to pump into the game and it still didn't match up to the big titles, then your comment would be a valid criticism, but otherwise you're kinda just being a dick. Well, that or demonstrating that you have zero grasp of economics, but I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt here.
Looks great.

Not sure if it was just me or did the numbers on the jerseys look small, no big deal though its just something I noticed.
You people do realise clsosung the gap implies there's still gap left to close right?
(07-09-2015, 12:14 PM)BRAB Wrote: You people do realise clsosung the gap implies there's still gap left to close right?

Well of course. But Rugby League has a global market that covers regions with a combined population of around 10 million people, whilst the likes of NFL operates in a country where its the national sport to a population of over 300 million.

The math isn't exactly complex here - no reasonable person should ever expect a Rugby League video game to be in the same class as a Madden or FIFA title.
(07-09-2015, 12:18 PM)sanzar Wrote:
(07-09-2015, 12:14 PM)BRAB Wrote: You people do realise clsosung the gap implies there's still gap left to close right?

Well of course. But Rugby League has a global market that covers regions with a combined population of around 10 million people, whilst the likes of NFL operates in a country where its the national sport to a population of over 300 million.

The math isn't exactly complex here - no reasonable person should ever expect a Rugby League video game to be in the same class as a Madden or FIFA title.

So are you agreeing with the statement above because the reasons you give do but the way you word it seems to imply otherwise?
(07-09-2015, 12:24 PM)BRAB Wrote:

So are you agreeing with the statement above because the reasons you give do but the way you word it seems to imply otherwise?

No, I agree there's certainly a gap to be closed. My statement was more about trying to ensure people have the proper perspective on that gap and the reasons for it so they don't whine about RLL3 being crap compared to FIFA.
we all kinda hoped over the last decade or so that the money and power and demand of the union code would make a solid rugby video game. especially after the foundations set after Jonah lomus

But noooooo. small niche studio in AFL heartland is pioneering the rugby gaming frontier with a league version.
(07-09-2015, 12:27 PM)sanzar Wrote:
(07-09-2015, 12:24 PM)BRAB Wrote:

No, I agree there's certainly a gap to be closed. My statement was more about trying to ensure people have the proper perspective on that gap and the reasons for it so they don't whine about RLL3 being crap compared to FIFA.

Oh ok mate, fair point.

I think people should realise too how quickly bigant are closing the gap.

Look at RLL2 to DBC. Huge jump in the complexity of gameplay and visuals

RLL3 looks to be the same.
(07-09-2015, 01:17 PM)BRAB Wrote: Oh ok mate, fair point.

I think people should realise too how quickly bigant are closing the gap.

Look at RLL2 to DBC. Huge jump in the complexity of gameplay and visuals

RLL3 looks to be the same.

Absolutely - the strides they've made look immense and I hope people respect that fact.
Ross will a grand final have the same broadcast just switched out with GF stuff?