Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3.75 Average
Legends Showcase
How do you learn to fall off a 20 foot ladder? OH MAH GAWD KING HE'S BROKEN IN HALF!
Saw Andre the Giant as a kid at Festival Hall - he was just the BEST Smile

Big Ant Studios store at www.BigAnt.com
(07-06-2015, 01:22 PM)Steeler Wrote: Umm... You know it's all fake, don't you?

*runs*

[Image: stone-cold-laughing.gif]
[Image: SYWLAxC.png]
Haha stone cold was the best, particularly during the "what" period with angle. That was great for someone who couldn't physically wrestle anymore.
A definite parallel between wresting and league and how they both grew, soared and then lost their way. For me at least the golden period of both was the late 80's and early 90's. Here you had colorful characters who were larger than life and possessed something lacking in today's robotic, ultra professional realm......Novelty Value. Sure the technical application of both has improved out of site, but is that really all people want to see. After all both are entertainment sports in their own respect. Perhaps it is a case of being more impressionable when you are at that young age, but as far as I am concerned, you will never ever have wrestlers like Rude, Warrior, Macho, Quake, Hogan, Warlord and Mr Perfect. I am mean take Andre for example. During his last 3 or so years, the big fella could hardly walk let alone wrestle, and when you looked at his matches from a technical point of view, they were absolutely pathetic....BUT.....because he had real character, soul and that wonderful continuing Novelty factor, you just could never get enough of him. I still watch and laugh at his matches to this day. The technical precision of league today is higher than it has ever been, and if the Parramatta Eels of the 80's played in today's environment, they would get lapped by most of the Holden Cup teams. But does that make the sport better. For me league has ceased to be entertaining because there are no characters with real charm and charisma like the Blocker's, the Cliffy Lyons with his pack of ciggies on game day, Big Sam Backo, Siro, and the list goes on. Plus with the ridiculous rule changes and paranoia about safety, the game has become scripted and sterile. Thanks Dave Smith and Slimeberg.
Just like in wrestling, we will never again have that kind of charm. Some of the old games they replay on fox are all over the place in some regards, but gee they were entertaining. It's strange because back in the day, I used to love watching McEnroe and was in stitches by his antics, as bad as they were at times. Now this new punk arrives on the scene as is carrying on in a similar vein.....yet I cannot stand to even watch him for 2 seconds. Somehow it was funny and even a bit charming back then the way McEnroe was.....it's just not the same with this guy, and I think most people feel the same. I'd even prefer to watch Sharapova with the sound actually turned on.....

(07-06-2015, 01:22 PM)Eastern Suburbs Wrote: Will the Auckland Warriors have a legends team?

I was just contemplating this last night.....I mostly want to make them because I made the 95 home and away jerseys and they are one of my favorite designs, but I am just trying to work out the make up of the team. Problem is most of the team from 95 was made up of players already playing for the classic teams I have done. I swore to myself I would not make any players post the 80's and mid 90's, but that warriors team from the early 2000's was amazing, and if you could get through all the dribble in my last post, they had that wonderful entertaining Novelty value that I was rambling on about. That team would have been a perfect fit in the 90's. Open to suggestions but off the top of my head, here is what I was thinking. Tony, Meli, Toopi, Koopu, Fa'fili, Hohaia, Legend, Swann, Guttenbiel, Lau'atiti, Vagana, Betham, Seu Seu, Paleasina, Tookey.
We need a current Preston Campbell Fan Hub player! He has hair as long as Woods!
HOBBSTAR GAMING YouTube- http://tinyurl.com/HOBBSTARGAMING
HOBBSTAR GAMING NEW Website- hobbstar.wix.com/youtube
ROSS IS SO COOL! Smile
Is legend reffering to Stacey Jones
(07-06-2015, 04:21 PM)HOBBSTAR Wrote: We need a current Preston Campbell Fan Hub player! He has hair as long as Woods!

Yeah....here you go!!!!

[Image: pres.jpg]
upload images free
He has Long Hair and look him up on the internet before giving me that
HOBBSTAR GAMING YouTube- http://tinyurl.com/HOBBSTARGAMING
HOBBSTAR GAMING NEW Website- hobbstar.wix.com/youtube
ROSS IS SO COOL! Smile
(07-06-2015, 04:42 PM)HOBBSTAR Wrote: He has Long Hair and look him up on the internet before giving me that

How about you remove yourself from this thread....your presence here offends me.

I deleted my earlier reply, because I would most likely end up being banned......