Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 4.36 Average
AMA, I'm HES_Keith
(06-25-2015, 07:14 PM)the_one_1 Wrote: Well I was thinking of getting GTA 5. Now you told me that before playing you needed to download a patch. Thank you, not wasting my money on that. Feel bad for the developers, they lost one extra sale...

Don't bother feeling too bad for them. They won't notice your one lost sale.
(06-25-2015, 07:14 PM)the_one_1 Wrote:
(06-25-2015, 07:07 PM)Yuna Wrote:
(06-25-2015, 06:55 PM)the_one_1 Wrote:
(06-25-2015, 06:50 PM)Yuna Wrote:
(06-25-2015, 06:17 PM)the_one_1 Wrote: WRONG!!!

People without internet can't download patches. End of story. Many people don't like the internet on video game consoles like me. Hence we don't connect it to the internet, meaning NO PATCHES OR DOWNLOADS!

Patches require internet connection to download they don't happen to all users even without internet.

So... WRONG!

Which makes you the minority

Like I said, GTA 5 sold 1million copies on the first day for PC and people got by downloading an extra 7gb.

I doubt bigant will lose sleep because they can't accommodate someone like you who just doesn't like going on the internet for whatever reasons.

GTA ON PC!!!

Everyone has the internet on PC. Of cause the patch will be downloaded if on PC

Oh sorry, wrong stat.

Over 10 MILLION copies were sold for Xbox and PS4, and it had a day 1 patch which required users to download before playing the game

$800 million worth of sales were sold in Day 1 for Xbox and PS3 users which also required Day 1 patch to be played

Thanks for telling me, gave me more evidence for this debate Smile

Well I was thinking of getting GTA 5. Now you told me that before playing you needed to download a patch. Thank you, not wasting my money on that. Feel bad for the developers, they lost one extra sale... Would rather waste money on AFL Live 3 even if it's crap or not and has offline use/able to be used off line.

Woah woah, look out, Rockstar is going to lose 1 sale after already sold 45 million copies

Which means they are going to lose 0.000002% of their total sale
(06-25-2015, 07:13 PM)Steeler Wrote:
(06-25-2015, 07:09 PM)davies11 Wrote: I think that was Ross a long while ago and I believe it was a hideous amount to do any patch

Ross may have said something too, but I was told be somebody from TruBlu at a pre-release game preview for RLL2 at EB Games in Macarthur Square.

Tell me more of this insider info, any trader secrets? Tongue

I think it was 100 000 but as I say that it seems ludicrous and unfair, i wonder now that ps4 promotes Indies whether there policy has changed to a case by case basis given ea wouldn't sweat it but tru blu definitely would feel it and Indies couldn't possibly afford at all
(06-25-2015, 07:16 PM)Steeler Wrote:
(06-25-2015, 07:14 PM)the_one_1 Wrote: Well I was thinking of getting GTA 5. Now you told me that before playing you needed to download a patch. Thank you, not wasting my money on that. Feel bad for the developers, they lost one extra sale...

Don't bother feeling too bad for them. They won't notice your one lost sale.

One sale can still mean something to developers.

(06-25-2015, 07:18 PM)Yuna Wrote:
(06-25-2015, 06:50 PM)Yuna Wrote: Which makes you the minority

Like I said, GTA 5 sold 1million copies on the first day for PC and people got by downloading an extra 7gb.

I doubt bigant will lose sleep because they can't accommodate someone like you who just doesn't like going on the internet for whatever reasons.

GTA ON PC!!!

Oh sorry, wrong stat.

Over 10 MILLION copies were sold for Xbox and PS4, and it had a day 1 patch which required users to download before playing the game

$800 million worth of sales were sold in Day 1 for Xbox and PS3 users which also required Day 1 patch to be played

Well I was thinking of getting GTA 5. Now you told me that before playing you needed to download a patch. Thank you, not wasting my money on that. Feel bad for the developers, they lost one extra sale... Would rather waste money on AFL Live 3 even if it's crap or not and has offline use/able to be used off line.

Woah woah, look out, Rockstar is going to lose 1 sale after already sold 45 million copies

Which means they are going to lose 0.000002% of their total sale

So what... GTA is a shit game anyway. Again preference.
(06-25-2015, 06:50 PM)Yuna Wrote:
(06-25-2015, 06:17 PM)the_one_1 Wrote: WRONG!!!

People without internet can't download patches. End of story. Many people don't like the internet on video game consoles like me. Hence we don't connect it to the internet, meaning NO PATCHES OR DOWNLOADS!

Patches require internet connection to download they don't happen to all users even without internet.

So... WRONG!

Which makes you the minority

GTA ON PC!!!

Oh sorry, wrong stat.

Now you can get the foil hat you wanted
The One could align himself with another 999,999 people and all boycott GTA V and Rockstar would still make money.
(06-25-2015, 07:15 PM)davies11 Wrote: You can't play gta v in offline mode on steam? Most games you can and it is useful for when I'm away for some time and have the laptop with me

Nope, you need to login to Rocker Social Club in order to start GTA 5

http://steamcommunity.com/app/271590/dis...977719077/
(06-25-2015, 07:21 PM)SOR Wrote: The One could align himself with another 999,999 people and all boycott GTA V and Rockstar would still make money.

http://attackofthefanboy.com/news/need-f...quirement/

Hmmm well then... How about with need for speed
(06-25-2015, 07:19 PM)the_one_1 Wrote: So what... GTA is a shit game anyway.

K Pro

God bless Smile
I know nothing of Need For Speed except that it's car racing but GTA is up there as one of the most popular gaming franchises ever. Losing your sale means zero to them.

GTA V was fun by the way. I put San Andreas, Vice City and IV over it but it was fun.