Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 4.36 Average
AMA, I'm HES_Keith
(06-25-2015, 06:55 PM)Yuna Wrote:
(06-25-2015, 06:52 PM)the_one_1 Wrote:
(06-25-2015, 06:50 PM)roostersule2 Wrote: You need Internet to download a patch and if you don't for whatever reason then it's your own fault.

Also trying to start a console war is stupid.

It's not anyone's falter, it's just preference and wanting to be more secure.

Exactly, so its not the game developers problem where people can't download their game patches.

But games still need to be usable to offline users. Otherwise people won't buy it who don't have the internet.

I was excited need for speed was coming back and on next gen. Now I know it's online only no use getting it. Not my fault, it's the game companies loss for losing a sale.
Online only is a different beast altogether, i have the internet readily avaliable but I detest online only games for both practical and personal reasoning so I can agree with that
In regards to a potential break in wouldn't you notice you were robbed before the criminal got home, logged into your xbox and started buying things?

You'd simply cancel the account and any accounts that were able to be accessed via computer/xbox/whatever
(06-25-2015, 06:55 PM)the_one_1 Wrote:
(06-25-2015, 06:50 PM)Yuna Wrote:
(06-25-2015, 06:17 PM)the_one_1 Wrote: WRONG!!!

People without internet can't download patches. End of story. Many people don't like the internet on video game consoles like me. Hence we don't connect it to the internet, meaning NO PATCHES OR DOWNLOADS!

Patches require internet connection to download they don't happen to all users even without internet.

So... WRONG!

Which makes you the minority

Like I said, GTA 5 sold 1million copies on the first day for PC and people got by downloading an extra 7gb.

I doubt bigant will lose sleep because they can't accommodate someone like you who just doesn't like going on the internet for whatever reasons.

GTA ON PC!!!

Everyone has the internet on PC. Of cause the patch will be downloaded if on PC

Oh sorry, wrong stat.

Over 10 MILLION copies were sold for Xbox and PS4, and it had a day 1 patch which required users to download before playing the game

$800 million worth of sales were sold in Day 1 for Xbox and PS3 users which also required Day 1 patch to be played

Thanks for telling me, gave me more evidence for this debate Smile
This discussion is irrelevant.

Somebody from TruBlu/HES actually told me that the Sony and Microsoft ramped up the financial costs of releasing patches to penalise companies who release games that need patches right away.

So TruBlu won't do it.
I think that was Ross a long while ago and I believe it was a hideous amount to do any patch
(06-25-2015, 06:58 PM)the_one_1 Wrote: But games still need to be usable to offline users. Otherwise people won't buy it who don't have the internet.

Yeh, thats the consumers lost more than the developers.

GTA 5 PC requires internet connection to play the game (unless u have a workaround like me Wink), did rockstar gave 2 shits to people that didn't have internet? Nope

Thanks for the negative rep the_one_1

Much appreciated
(06-25-2015, 07:09 PM)davies11 Wrote: I think that was Ross a long while ago and I believe it was a hideous amount to do any patch

Ross may have said something too, but I was told be somebody from TruBlu at a pre-release game preview for RLL2 at EB Games in Macarthur Square.
(06-25-2015, 07:07 PM)Yuna Wrote:
(06-25-2015, 06:55 PM)the_one_1 Wrote:
(06-25-2015, 06:50 PM)Yuna Wrote:
(06-25-2015, 06:17 PM)the_one_1 Wrote: WRONG!!!

People without internet can't download patches. End of story. Many people don't like the internet on video game consoles like me. Hence we don't connect it to the internet, meaning NO PATCHES OR DOWNLOADS!

Patches require internet connection to download they don't happen to all users even without internet.

So... WRONG!

Which makes you the minority

Like I said, GTA 5 sold 1million copies on the first day for PC and people got by downloading an extra 7gb.

I doubt bigant will lose sleep because they can't accommodate someone like you who just doesn't like going on the internet for whatever reasons.

GTA ON PC!!!

Everyone has the internet on PC. Of cause the patch will be downloaded if on PC

Oh sorry, wrong stat.

Over 10 MILLION copies were sold for Xbox and PS4, and it had a day 1 patch which required users to download before playing the game

$800 million worth of sales were sold in Day 1 for Xbox and PS3 users which also required Day 1 patch to be played

Thanks for telling me, gave me more evidence for this debate Smile

Well I was thinking of getting GTA 5. Now you told me that before playing you needed to download a patch. Thank you, not wasting my money on that. Feel bad for the developers, they lost one extra sale... Would rather waste money on AFL Live 3 even if it's crap or not and has offline use/able to be used off line.
You can't play gta v in offline mode on steam? Most games you can and it is useful for when I'm away for some time and have the laptop with me