Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
HOW WILL YOU PLAY BE A PRO MODE (GOALS,IDEAS,PLANS ETC)
I won't argue with you because it would just go back and forth but what you're suggesting would make international footy regress rather then develop

I didn't think it will be arguing just a discussion Smile

Short Term pain for Long Term gain imo otherwise when will players from them countries get the opportunity to represent their country.

Look at Cricket Nations like Ireland, Netherlands and Afghanistan they are born and bred most of them in their native country with development programs helped being run. 20 even 10 years ago they would of never thought of being where they were today.
Australia still didn't have a number of first choice players available

1 Billy Slater
2 Brett Morris
3 Greg Inglis
4 Will Chambers
5 Darius Boyd
6 Johnathan Thurston
7 Cooper Cronk
8 Matt Scott
9 Cameron Smith
10 Paul Gallen
11 Beau Scott
12 Sam Thaiday
13 Corey Parker

14 Greg Bird
15 Luke Lewis
16 Nate Myles
17 James Tamou

Only changes I can see would be Gallen, Myles, Lewis & Bird missing out
And them minnow nations have their own domestic leagues in place and they can get picked from them leagues to be selected for their country they don't always have to play in the English Domestic League to represent Ireland
I suppose this is where we differ, I think the nations that need more development first need to have an enthusiasm and interest for the game, a competitive (in RL terms) national team will do more for this than infatructure etc which will probably just attract those who know or are passionate about the game.

The next their up countries, Fiji Samoa, Tonga, have plenty of eligible Players playing NRL who pick Australia instead because they want to play Orgin (Not because they are proud of their state either, but because rightly or wrongly it is considered a higher level of the game.) You stop this a lot of international teams look a lot more competitive imo.

The other issue which we've touched upon is regularity of fixture, after the 08 world cup a number of Ireland players switched eligibility to England because it was the only option if they wanted to play international rugby on a regular basis.
(06-07-2015, 01:49 AM)benrhino Wrote: I suppose this is where we differ, I think the nations that need more development first need to have an enthusiasm and interest for the game, a competitive (in RL terms) national team will do more for this than infatructure etc which will probably just attract those who know or are passionate about the game.

The next their up countries, Fiji Samoa, Tonga, have plenty of eligible Players playing NRL who pick Australia instead because they want to play Orgin (Not because they are proud of their state either, but because rightly or wrongly it is considered a higher level of the game.) You stop this a lot of international teams look a lot more competitive imo.

The other issue which we've touched upon is regularity of fixture, after the 08 world cup a number of Ireland players switched eligibility to England because it was the only option if they wanted to play international rugby on a regular basis.

A lot of people say players that represent Samoa and Tonga change their eligibility only to play Origin. But them players are not born and bred in Samoa or Tonga so they should of only been able to rep Australia in the first place and only represented their ancestor country due to them knowing they wouldn't be able to be picked for QLD or NSW or NZ.
(06-07-2015, 01:54 AM)pure_brad Wrote:
(06-07-2015, 01:49 AM)benrhino Wrote: I suppose this is where we differ, I think the nations that need more development first need to have an enthusiasm and interest for the game, a competitive (in RL terms) national team will do more for this than infatructure etc which will probably just attract those who know or are passionate about the game.

A lot of people say players that represent Samoa and Tonga change their eligibility only to play Origin. But them players are not born and bred in Samoa or Tonga so they should of only been able to rep Australia in the first place and only represented their ancestor country due to them knowing they wouldn't be able to be picked for QLD or NSW or NZ.

Just because a player grew up in Australia and had to use the ancestry rule does not mean its only because they were not good enough for Aus though, they could genuinely be proud of their heritage. Case in point I grew up playing with a Lad whose currently playing for Central Queensland Capras, Corbyn Kilday, he's the best player I ever played with, born and bread English. But as you can probably tell with the name he has scottish roots and from the age of 16 he knew he wanted to play for scotland.

A player who changes allegiances however is a completely different issue.
Samoan Team for example.

D Peyroux, born NZ
D Vidot, born QLD
P Mata'utia born NSW
J Leilua born NSW
R Leutele born QLD
T Moga born QLD
T Simona born NZ
C Tuimavave born NZ
D Lui, Born QLD
S Kasiano born NZ
I Lui born NZ
S Lisone born NZ
J McGuire born QLD
M Sio born NZ
L Ah Mau born NZ
F Pritchard born NSW
S Sue born NZ

Like if i got to choose to rep Scotland due to my heritage I would never have really dreamed about it but I would feel honored to rep my ancestors nation. Though it shouldn't be right that I take a spot in that national team when someone that was born in Scotland doesn't. If nobody is their to take my spot how can we call it a World Cup. Theirs players that don't know the anthems playing for some nations and need to try and learn it before the game.

These players like McGuire and Vidot then get called up for QLD and people complain its ruining the International game. What people don't know is that they are Queenslanders.
(06-07-2015, 02:20 AM)CultofPersonality3 Wrote: Now can you name a team of people who were born in Samoa and explain why people would pay money to watch them or how that will expand the international game?

That's what I was trying to explain its good to watch them players but is it really Samoa?? All I'm trying to say once we get comps getting played in them countries and players from them leagues representing them countries then the International Game will be a success. Like Italy for Example they qualified for World Cup with Italian players, the all of a sudden their in a world cup and Guerra, Minichiello etc put their hands up to play when the player that helped Italy qaulify is sitting on the sidelines. If u have a look at A lot of RLIF members they get upset when they field a team with their local players from that country and they come up against Australian and New Zealand players who are beating them to have a chance to represent a nation. Look at A-League nobody wanted to watch them games 10 years on and look at the support it gets now.

I'm going off topic a lot from this thread lol :p

Vote for me in the next RLIF election, I will make the International Game grow bigger and better. #VoteRLIFBrad

Its also like Women's Rugby League nobody hardly goes out to watch it. But we should still show respect and help grow the women's game. Cause as time goes on if run right it will benefit greatly. Look at Women's Soccer World Cup is on in a couple of hours check out how big the crowds will be it wasn't always like that.
(06-07-2015, 02:08 AM)pure_brad Wrote: Samoan Team for example.

D Peyroux, born NZ
D Vidot, born QLD
P Mata'utia born NSW
J Leilua born NSW
R Leutele born QLD
T Moga born QLD
T Simona born NZ
C Tuimavave born NZ
D Lui, Born QLD
S Kasiano born NZ
I Lui born NZ
S Lisone born NZ
J McGuire born QLD
M Sio born NZ
L Ah Mau born NZ
F Pritchard born NSW
S Sue born NZ

Like if i got to choose to rep Scotland due to my heritage I would never have really dreamed about it but I would feel honored to rep my ancestors nation. Though it shouldn't be right that I take a spot in that national team when someone that was born in Scotland doesn't. If nobody is their to take my spot how can we call it a World Cup. Theirs players that don't know the anthems playing for some nations and need to try and learn it before the game.

These players like McGuire and Vidot then get called up for QLD and people complain its ruining the International game. What people don't know is that they are Queenslanders.

But as long as they haven't chosen to represent those countries/states over Samoa there isn't a problem? They have as much right as anyone else and could be as proud to represent that country.

The issue here is not the ancestry rule, it is the fact that peoples choices aren't set in stone. Once a player chooses that should be it, guys like Uate should never have been allowed to change from Fiji to Australia
(06-07-2015, 02:57 AM)benrhino Wrote: But as long as they haven't chosen to represent those countries/states over Samoa there isn't a problem? They have as much right as anyone else and could be as proud to represent that country.

The issue here is not the ancestry rule, it is the fact that peoples choices aren't set in stone. Once a player chooses that should be it, guys like Uate should never have been allowed to change from Fiji to Australia

Yeah Eaxctly McGuire played for Samoa & OZ, Pritchard played for NZ and Samoa, Kasiano played for Samoa & NZ, Akuila Uate Fiji and OZ, and my all time favourite Tonie Carroll NZ and OZ lol