Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 4.36 Average
AMA, I'm HES_Keith
There is a big difference between what Keith knows and what Keith is allowed to tell us.
(06-06-2015, 09:11 PM)Steeler Wrote: There is a big difference between what Keith knows and what Keith is allowed to tell us.

He openenly says he doesn't know league and he said he doesn't know who the commentators are he has heard them but doesn't know who they are. Thats pretty bad imo. I honestly don't know how he has a job still.
Anyway, how is everyone?
(06-06-2015, 09:14 PM)rickyisgod Wrote:
(06-06-2015, 09:11 PM)Steeler Wrote: There is a big difference between what Keith knows and what Keith is allowed to tell us.

He openenly says he doesn't know league and he said he doesn't know who the commentators are he has heard them but doesn't know who they are. Thats pretty bad imo. I honestly don't know how he has a job still.

LolConfused
(06-06-2015, 09:07 PM)rickyisgod Wrote: Keith my boy, do you know anything about rugby league? You don't even know who the commentators are? Seriously? How did you even got a job at HES? If you were hired to do PR your not doing a good job Confused

Nah don't be a dog. Keith is a champ.
looks like someone who got banned made it back
(06-06-2015, 10:27 PM)Mav_78 Wrote: looks like someone who got banned made it back

Was just a question. I have actually never been on here. I was just reading through and didnt understand how the representative of HES has no idea about the game they are making so I thought I would ask the question. Wasn't having a dig at him was honestly just curious
(06-06-2015, 10:55 PM)rickyisgod Wrote:
(06-06-2015, 10:27 PM)Mav_78 Wrote: looks like someone who got banned made it back

Was just a question. I have actually never been on here. I was just reading through and didnt understand how the representative of HES has no idea about the game they are making so I thought I would ask the question. Wasn't having a dig at him was honestly just curious

> Opening makes a thread and reads through 125 pages of stuff just for fans
> Provides appropriate promotions (Screenshots in this instance)
> Shares a hell of a lot of the game that probably shouldn't be shared until release
> Still gets sh't for not providing things that HE is NOT ALLOWED to respond to, surely you understand that people have jobs that they want to keep, not ruin it over answering a question. Knowing Keith, he responded with that answer as a joke, he is not allowed to release that information and said that just to make some light into the very dull answers most promoters offer, so lets rethink about our opinions and not abuse the one person that shed's light in the darkness for RLL3, thank you.
(06-06-2015, 11:35 PM)jacko099 Wrote:
(06-06-2015, 10:55 PM)rickyisgod Wrote:

> Opening makes a thread and reads through 125 pages of stuff just for fans
> Provides appropriate promotions (Screenshots in this instance)
> Shares a hell of a lot of the game that probably shouldn't be shared until release
> Still gets sh't for not providing things that HE is NOT ALLOWED to respond to, surely you understand that people have jobs that they want to keep, not ruin it over answering a question. Knowing Keith, he responded with that answer as a joke, he is not allowed to release that information and said that just to make some light into the very dull answers most promoters offer, so lets rethink about our opinions and not abuse the one person that shed's light in the darkness for RLL3, thank you.

As I said. Not abuse at all it was a serious question. I have never seen a pr so out of the loop with the product he/she is selling.
I think what people need to understand is the following in regards to Keith:

We are hardcore Rugby League fans and a lot of you are looking forward to Rugby League Live 3 more than legitimately anything else in the world. You guys live for updates and a lot of you will spend hours if not days studying screen shots looking at things like how realistic the shadows on the pitch are and obsessing over a small logo on the arm of a jersey being wrong.

Keith is a video game editor who has either taken the PR role as a secondary position or it's his primary position. Regardless, he doesn't care about RLL3 as much as you guys do nor should he have to. This might be shocking to you but Keith most likely just looks at the entire RLL3 project as apart of his job and it's not something he's going to obsess over. Evidence of this is that he isn't here during the weekends or after hours (Nor should he be)

Also Ricky has absolutely no idea as to how marketing works. Most PR people simply have a way with words and some kind of background in media. Do you think the public relations people for say...the army know absolutely everything about the army? Definitely not. They do what their superiors tell them to do and have a basic understanding of military practice. Same deal here. Keith has an understanding of his product but the information (or lack of information) is all because of his superiors. I'm sure Keith would love to share more but he doesn't want to be fired/sued for breaching his contract (And yes, people sign confidentiality agreements for things like films and games)

In closing, the guy isn't as keen as you or me but he doesn't have to be. He's doing a fine job as the official "hype man" and has released screen shots a couple times due to our requests. He's answered questions, he's been friendly despite people stalking him, abusing him and telling him to leave and he's been a positive to the boards and has showed some personality and had a joke.

Keep your negatives to yourself.