Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 4.36 Average
AMA, I'm HES_Keith
(05-19-2015, 11:02 AM)Ruck Wrote: And this is an outrage!!!

Keith could you please pass on my outrage to whoever is in charge of the Outrage Receiving Dept? I'm not even an AFL fan, but I just have to say a RLL3-like AFL equivalent is what the AFL fans deserve and something I would just have to have (as I am warming to the sport...).

Big Ant AFL Live 3... has to happen.

Rant Over... for now. Smile

This is something I hear everyday. I have absolutely no say in it, I don't even think TB has any say in it. It's a different companies franchise, and he way I understand it BA would have to deal with them about taking over. Which is unfortunately completely unaffected by fan's requests and feedback.
To put it a different way. It'd be like George lucas directing new Lord of the Rings movies, because a lot of people asked him to.
(05-19-2015, 10:49 AM)BRAB Wrote: Hey Ketih, it's absolutely awesome that you've jumped over here, it's really awesome to see!

What's your stance on the best way to market these niche sports games in Australia? Do you think a slow burn of info as the game is developed is a better strategy, or do you think it's better to release a ton of info, all at the same time, that is close to the release data and a major event that corresponds with that sport?

Traditionally Tru Blu have gone with Announcement -------->big wait ---->trailer->small wait->release

I was wondering if now that Tru blu are hiring people like you that there were plans to review the way games are marketed?

Currently what I have done is:
Post what was cleared --> Attempt to promote FanHub ---> Organise screenshots to be cleared for release----> Attempt to post more. The rest of the diagram is me arguing with people about what/how content is released.
[/quote]

I just realised I misspelt your name, sorry, haha!

Yeah, does the approval of screenshots get complicated with licensed content? Do the NRL have to sign off or just the bigwigs at Tru blu?

Is it sometimes a situation where you have better screenshots but only some are being approved?

With screenshot making, would it be better to use a PC at the highest settings? To really emphasise the full quality of the game?
Lol, all good, just had to put it out there... but now you mention it. Lord of the Rings would have been better with more Aliens and would have been over a lot faster if they has spaceships. Smile
“There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.”
(05-19-2015, 11:06 AM)SOR Wrote: How often would you say you argue with people? I imagine it's constant.

'Argue' is probably not the real term. What I do deal with is:

1. People asking me what the release date is, and when I answer with "in a few months" they then ask, "yeh, but wen?" and then proceed to play yes/no with the calendar.
2. People copy pasting their question again to me when I've answered it. To which I'll copy paste my answer back. (for some reason no one has even attempted to call me out on this, they just accept it)
3. people using the words: "use", "you's" and "u's" to describe TruBlu or BigAnt.
4. Asking "but what does that mean?" when I answer a question. E.g when will we see more screenshots? When we have them approved. What?
5. I've had no less then 5 people Messaging me abusing me with many profanities telling me how bad our company is. (I got called a wanker on my first day in here) to which I am literally only allowed to reply politely.
6. People not believing me when I tell them information. "Is A9's in the game?" - "we haven't announced it" - "Yeah but theres 9 players in the screenshot!" - "yes, at 9.30minutes at the first half"
7. "Yeah but Wikipedia says It'll be out in 2017!" If your highschool doesn't accept Wikipedia as a source, why should I?

(05-19-2015, 11:17 AM)Ruck Wrote: Lol, all good, just had to put it out there... but now you mention it. Lord of the Rings would have been better with more Aliens and would have been over a lot faster if they has spaceships. Smile

We have to take the ring to mordor. That's fine kid, sit back this thing did the kessel run in 12 parsecs.

(05-19-2015, 11:12 AM)BRAB Wrote: I just realised I misspelt your name, sorry, haha!

Yeah, does the approval of screenshots get complicated with licensed content? Do the NRL have to sign off or just the bigwigs at Tru blu?

Is it sometimes a situation where you have better screenshots but only some are being approved?

With screenshot making, would it be better to use a PC at the highest settings? To really emphasise the full quality of the game?

It's complicated procedure honestly. Essentially it works like:
Keith: I want to post these screenshots so he public wont hate us.
Person 1: I have to approve it first.
Person 2: I have to approve it first.
Person 3: I have to approve it first.

If anyone says no, It kind of ruins my day a little bit. In some cases it's not a yes/no and a do this instead, but essentially this.
Since there are A##holes messing with it the Wikipedia page I'll quote Keith's post here.

"99% of the edits on Wiki aren't Legit. In future if you're not sure as to whats been put on it, check the edit log for "HES_Keith" to make sure it's an official update.
Note: It said BigAnt had announced the release date to be 2017 in the description before. Always check the log!
Another Note: There is a rogue TruBlu Entertainment User, that is not legit! HES_Keith is the only legit source!"
“There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.”
Keith could you help me out with my Thread of FAQ? will most likely take the heat off yours, Ross' and everyone else's backs, just need some insight on questions; and also if my answers provided are acceptable Tongue
Just thought of another question!

With the hub and the customisation, does that have an avenue for licensed jerseys for next season and beyond. So for example next year roles around, an update for squads takes place (someone will do it in the fan hub if it's not done by BA/TB) and then at that same point jerseys are updated. Is that possible in RLL3 or is it quite restricted with getting approval from sponsors etc? With RLL2 that only took place when we purchased the upgrade or purchased RLL2WCE.

This might be a Ross question.
(05-19-2015, 11:23 AM)Ruck Wrote: Sorry but Wikipedia has another A##hole messing with it.

Fix'd. Changing it to a first person shooter, was a good laugh.
(05-19-2015, 11:10 AM)HES_Keith Wrote:
(05-19-2015, 11:02 AM)Ruck Wrote: And this is an outrage!!!

Keith could you please pass on my outrage to whoever is in charge of the Outrage Receiving Dept? I'm not even an AFL fan, but I just have to say a RLL3-like AFL equivalent is what the AFL fans deserve and something I would just have to have (as I am warming to the sport...).

Big Ant AFL Live 3... has to happen.

Rant Over... for now. Smile

This is something I hear everyday. I have absolutely no say in it, I don't even think TB has any say in it. It's a different companies franchise, and he way I understand it BA would have to deal with them about taking over. Which is unfortunately completely unaffected by fan's requests and feedback.
To put it a different way. It'd be like George lucas directing new Lord of the Rings movies, because a lot of people asked him to.

This is a long shot, but how bout just an unlicensed Aussie rule football game similar to the way Don Bradman was the only licensed cricketer in Cricket 14? Just have one current day player or former legend player promote it and have it be all community creations based just like Cricket 14. I think it's a great way to bypass licensing if it's nearly impossible to get The AFL to back the games.
That's what I like about Football!
Hes_keith i don't want to be a bother but one thing that really intrigues me. How would you say the goal kicking is? could you say if it's challenging or it's fun? or maybe a bit of both? I understand if you can't give that away as well. There will be no rage it will just have to be a surprise (kind of like a pre christmas)