Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4 Average
New Teaser Screenshots Friday and Saturday!!!
(05-18-2015, 12:36 PM)HES_Keith Wrote: I'm doing my best to give a little, but keep all the big secrets to myself Tongue

Keith, it's great to have someone from Tru Blu here, because over the years and with a large variety of games, Tru Blu has been the company supporting the codes that are followed throughout Australia and New Zealand (Rugby, Cricket, Rugby League & AFL). That's great.

However, I'm sure it's no great secret that the PR and promotional side of things has been at times like talking to a wall. For all the great Tru Blu have done with the games they've produced, mistakes have been made.

For me, the chief among them has been not engaging the hardcore audience and mistakenly seeming to believe that many of our ideas won't translate to a casual wide-spread audience.

Big Ant have with Rugby League Live 2 and Don Bradman Cricket shown that the ideas the core audience push are quite valuable and workable within the games and in fact serve to heighten the realism and enjoyment of the game.

What I want to know is, will this begin to change now that we're being engaged with?

Finally, I'd like to know if some very core and trusted members of our community will be more involved with playtesting in future. I know you've said you're there more to test the integrity of the program and test for crashes, fails and bugs, fair enough.

There does need to be some top-knotch community testers out there, people who you guys can entrust an opportunity and an NDA with. I'd put forward Ruck for one.

(05-16-2015, 11:25 PM)Ross Wrote: BA were not involved in the screenshots shown so it's hard for me to answer questions about them with regard to mode/camera/etc., however I can say it must be from a console and they would have used the consoles in built systems to take the shots.

Bumping this for some answers.
I personally took all of the screenshots using my XboxOne console, in a Casual match, using the broadcast camera angle.
the missing players have been sent off as the testers spam high tackles to unlock the "double send off"
(05-18-2015, 12:19 PM)HES_Keith Wrote:
(05-18-2015, 11:44 AM)heartly Wrote: I am just speculating but the fact they have released these images and plan to release more, with the associated gag on BA staff makes me think the game will be released sooner rather then later. I think June is likely, they are starting their media campaign (poorly) but they are trying to generate buzz again. Personally I am happy with the screens, graphically about where I thought it would be, I just need to see the game in motion. Would not surprise me to see a trailer within 2 weeks and then in about 4 we may see some in store playing at eb and the like with the tru blu rep (wanker).... looks over forum shoulder to see SOR lurking keyboard in hand...

Let me clear up a few things for you Smile
1. We would've been releasing things earlier, but we are having a hard time getting content approval.
2. We are definitely planning to release more, and are doing the best we can to have more content available.
3. "they are starting their media campaign (poorly)" - I'm doing my best to match the high standards of the public and not get sued or fired by posting content not fit for public release. The only reason we saw screenshots of the storm so early, was that it was made by BigAnt inhouse and sent to us. All the screenshots released this time was personally taken by me.
4. Trailer is a topic for much heated discussion right now. (enough said)
5. I'm not sure, but I think you just called me a wanker?

Sorry mate about calling you a wanker, I was just putting that in for a laugh, the eb vids have always just been a guy standing there saying what is on the box, just rattling off stuff in the background like a corporate dude hence the wanker, was not meant to be personal. Now that you are hear speaking it is more personal so I am sorry in that regard. In regards to the media campaign and the poorly part I am actually talking about the silence, I understand the hold on pictures and the like due to legal responsibility but really think at times you guys can do a bit more to spark conversation, like talking to the fans about if the 9's are in the game, international teams, how the running game has improved, the defence and kicking structures. Just small stuff that will go along way in creating a bit of fever around the game. By the looks of it the guys/girls have put a lot of effort in and deserve a bit of positive conversation surrounding this product.
ah, so it isn't nines. is ok
(05-18-2015, 03:31 PM)heartly Wrote:
(05-18-2015, 11:44 AM)heartly Wrote: I am just speculating but the fact they have released these images and plan to release more, with the associated gag on BA staff makes me think the game will be released sooner rather then later. I think June is likely, they are starting their media campaign (poorly) but they are trying to generate buzz again. Personally I am happy with the screens, graphically about where I thought it would be, I just need to see the game in motion. Would not surprise me to see a trailer within 2 weeks and then in about 4 we may see some in store playing at eb and the like with the tru blu rep (wanker).... looks over forum shoulder to see SOR lurking keyboard in hand...

1. We would've been releasing things earlier, but we are having a hard time getting content approval.
2. We are definitely planning to release more, and are doing the best we can to have more content available.
3. "they are starting their media campaign (poorly)" - I'm doing my best to match the high standards of the public and not get sued or fired by posting content not fit for public release. The only reason we saw screenshots of the storm so early, was that it was made by BigAnt inhouse and sent to us. All the screenshots released this time was personally taken by me.

Sorry mate about calling you a wanker, I was just putting that in for a laugh, the eb vids have always just been a guy standing there saying what is on the box, just rattling off stuff in the background like a corporate dude hence the wanker, was not meant to be personal. Now that you are hear speaking it is more personal so I am sorry in that regard. In regards to the media campaign and the poorly part I am actually talking about the silence, I understand the hold on pictures and the like due to legal responsibility but really think at times you guys can do a bit more to spark conversation, like talking to the fans about if the 9's are in the game, international teams, how the running game has improved, the defence and kicking structures. Just small stuff that will go along way in creating a bit of fever around the game. By the looks of it the guys/girls have put a lot of effort in and deserve a bit of positive conversation surrounding this product.

I've been trying really hard to do something along those lines but it's really difficult to post anything without sparking huge negative feedback. If you notice the FanHub pictures I put up trying to start a buzz 99% of the feedback was: "we don't care, we want a release date."

(05-18-2015, 03:29 PM)ak47 Wrote: the missing players have been sent off as the testers spam high tackles to unlock the "double send off"

A bit of that, A bit of held in tackle. It wasn't intentional as we were playing about before taking the screenshots. The Full Back is also potentially off screen as well.
(05-18-2015, 03:35 PM)HES_Keith Wrote:
(05-18-2015, 03:31 PM)heartly Wrote:

I've been trying really hard to do something along those lines but it's really difficult to post anything without sparking huge negative feedback. If you notice the FanHub pictures I put up trying to start a buzz 99% of the feedback was: "we don't care, we want a release date."

(05-18-2015, 03:29 PM)ak47 Wrote: the missing players have been sent off as the testers spam high tackles to unlock the "double send off"

A bit of that, A bit of held in tackle. It wasn't intentional as we were playing about before taking the screenshots. The Full Back is also potentially off screen as well.
I was wondering how thee penalties worked. It's so easy in rll2 to not give away a penalty, every game would have a penalty count of 0 and sometimes 1. Hopefully this is fixed.

Sorry for asking so many questions. Il probably ask more.
Well thanks for the input and trying to create the fever Keith. It must get frustrating when your doing your job and have people who have no clue telling you how to do it (including myself) but we are passionate about the game and are at heart thankful for what all you guys/girls are doing behind the scenes.
(05-18-2015, 03:44 PM)heartly Wrote: Well thanks for the input and trying to create the fever Keith. It must get frustrating when your doing your job and have people who have no clue telling you how to do it (including myself) but we are passionate about the game and are at heart thankful for what all you guys/girls are doing behind the scenes.

Of course! and I understand that, and it's great that people are passionate about it.
HES Keith what teams were great to play as I Know You'll say Tigers but besides them.