Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A response from Tru Blu
I posted the following on Tru Blu's facebook page and the response was as funny as it was pathetic.

Me:
You guys are a disgrace. Rugby League Live 3 was announced months ago yet in that time we have seen some average beta screenshots, one close up shot of the Storm from another beta model of the game and ZERO videos. There have been no other publicity from you apart from the "get your name in the game" which is a Big Ant run operation anyway.
Release a video and plenty more screenshots and learn how to properly advertise a game - give the fans what we want!

Tru Blue:

We put up screenshots with the original press release clearly marked early alpha, and got huge criticism for it, so in turn we decided to wait until the game had reached a certain quality in which we could actually be proud to show it off. Now your telling me instead you'd just like whatever we have because you want it now? Be patient, when the game is ready you'll be seeing plenty of it.
A reasonable answer if you ask me, I'm feeling we'll get something soon.
[Image: SYWLAxC.png]
Could have been worded better by you to elicit a better response, you know.. the whole "you get more flies with honey" saying.

And I could understand their reluctance with the pure stupidity that Facebook breeds...

But that was a rather pathetic reply. I'm all for patience as we know Big Ant are good for it... but that was an unprofessional reply, all things considered. They need a Fegan to take over their PR... he seemed pretty good at taking abuse and 'Early September' might work for him in this situation.
“There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.”
yeah that's a reasonable answer actually last time with RLL2 the fans kinda made them rush it and it didn't quite do too well. I reckon they take as much time with everything and get as good as they can get.
Its their job to do a better effort from the start... dont release poor pics and you wont get criticism... rather wait until you have something then announce it then provide evidence for your work. Not sook that people picked on your poor pics.
Just be patient, we've been through this many times before.

We'll get more when the time is right.
I'm sorry I don't agree with this at all, you do not get what you want through demand. Demands, insults and general negativity are setting us back, they insinuated that in their response.

I do however think tru blu could do with a better pr staff member to properly address posts, private messages, email and the like, all companies should respond to correspondence (within reason) in a thoughtful and proffetional manner, no matter how much you may not like what's being said.

But seriously, leading with 'you guys are a disgrace' was not the way to go about constructive feedback, ah the internet, sigh...
I don't think we will see any significant content until atleast origin.
Remember before the internet when these kind of arguments resulted in someone getting punched in the face? Ah I miss those days...was always a good laugh.

Back on topic, look on the plus side, Tru Blue have actually responded!

I agree with them that they're better off not rushing video or screenshot releases but that isn't the only publicity they can do. I mean, a few posters or ads in the right places wouldn't go amiss. Just something like 'Rugby League Live 3 - COMING SOON' blah blah blah in some of the NRL/SL matchday programs or send some fliers and posters to club shops.

Would that be that expensive? It'd generate some excitement for certain and I'm sure Big Ant would give them statistics of how many new people visit/sign up to this forum as a result of some marketing.
(03-17-2015, 03:10 PM)Matt BnW Wrote: I posted the following on Tru Blu's facebook page and the response was as funny as it was pathetic.

Me:
You guys are a disgrace. Rugby League Live 3 was announced months ago yet in that time we have seen some average beta screenshots, one close up shot of the Storm from another beta model of the game and ZERO videos. There have been no other publicity from you apart from the "get your name in the game" which is a Big Ant run operation anyway.
Release a video and plenty more screenshots and learn how to properly advertise a game - give the fans what we want!

Tru Blue:

We put up screenshots with the original press release clearly marked early alpha, and got huge criticism for it, so in turn we decided to wait until the game had reached a certain quality in which we could actually be proud to show it off. Now your telling me instead you'd just like whatever we have because you want it now? Be patient, when the game is ready you'll be seeing plenty of it.

Thanks Matt BnW for contacting tru blu on behalf of the fans that are fed up. That response is the most unprofessional yet unsurprising reply I have ever seen. How dare they treat loyal consumers like that. All we keep hearing is how they do the best with what they have being a small company. Does that give them the right to be rude?!? If they seriously think the way they have handled the promotion of this game is satisfactory they're kidding themselves. I am so disgusted and pretty fired up about this. For those who think the reply was ok then please do yourselves a favour and work in the customer service industry and tell me what happens when you speak to a customer like that. Yes, customers can sometimes go too far but Matt BnW had every right to say what he said. Tru Blu is pathetic.
Based on this response I've got a real bad feeling that the game won't be ready for a June or July release.