Thread Rating:
  • 14 Vote(s) - 4.36 Average
Rll3 Wishlist and Ideas
I'd love Be A Pro mode to feature records as well. For example maybe you're a superstar right from the start and you're picked for the Blues as a 19 year old kid and maybe you manage to get 32 caps (One better than Fittler who holds the caps record I think) I definitely think a little something should pop up in the E-Mail saying "Congratulations you're the most capped NSW Blues player ever". The game could even maybe reference it in commentary or something but that might be too much to ask for early on.

Be A Pro contracts should be interesting as well. I'd like to have the option of being a journeyman who chases the money or a loyal player who will sign for 5 years on the dotted line despite clubs chasing me. I'd also like a little option somewhere that shows how much money I've accumulated in my career which I guess would give people incentive to change clubs and chase the money. I'd like an achievements tab as well showing the awards and trophies you've won which I imagine would be easy to implement.

I don't know how Big Ant did it with Don Bradman Cricket but when FIFA first did a "My Player" mode it only allowed you to do the first 4 years and to me this was unacceptable. It meant that to play an entire career you'd have to play as an aging star and play out the last years of his career and couldn't take a rookie from the youth team to the World Cup. I'd like the ability to play 20 years of career mode and really take a rookie from Holden Cup all the way to retirement.
I'm really looking forward to the Be a Pro Mode and the Career Mode on RLL3, but I'm hoping that the regenerated players are greatly improved.

There were very, very rarely any good regenerated players.

They often had strange builds (4'2" and 17 stone) which didn't relate to their position (6'6" scrum half).

The names were also often strange, a mix of South Sea Island names and then a run of the mill English surname (Fui-Fui Smith).

I think to make Be a Pro really good then this needs to be improved, otherwise you might end up playing with a load of 40 year olds (a bit like Super League Big Grin)

It'd also be nice if you could finish your playing career and then start a coaching career, but again that would require a very good player regeneration system.
(03-10-2015, 10:53 AM)SOR Wrote: I'd love Be A Pro mode to feature records as well. For example maybe you're a superstar right from the start and you're picked for the Blues as a 19 year old kid and maybe you manage to get 32 caps (One better than Fittler who holds the caps record I think) I definitely think a little something should pop up in the E-Mail saying "Congratulations you're the most capped NSW Blues player ever". The game could even maybe reference it in commentary or something but that might be too much to ask for early on.

Be A Pro contracts should be interesting as well. I'd like to have the option of being a journeyman who chases the money or a loyal player who will sign for 5 years on the dotted line despite clubs chasing me. I'd also like a little option somewhere that shows how much money I've accumulated in my career which I guess would give people incentive to change clubs and chase the money. I'd like an achievements tab as well showing the awards and trophies you've won which I imagine would be easy to implement.

I don't know how Big Ant did it with Don Bradman Cricket but when FIFA first did a "My Player" mode it only allowed you to do the first 4 years and to me this was unacceptable. It meant that to play an entire career you'd have to play as an aging star and play out the last years of his career and couldn't take a rookie from the youth team to the World Cup. I'd like the ability to play 20 years of career mode and really take a rookie from Holden Cup all the way to retirement.

The announcement for RLL3 did say you could bring a player from the under 20's to become a star.

I hope you can advance to the nsw cup or QLD cup depending on what team signed you as a kid.

Or we could choose a career path at the start of the game. You could start out as a country kid getting this first opportunity in the QLD Cup.
Or you could be a future star in the making and be signed to a NRL team and have been through their development system. You are playing under 20's and get promoted mid season to NSW Cup after scoring 13 tries in 7 games.
They could have newspaper snippets as well to follow your career and you can go back and view them in a 'scrap book'.

Imagine playing in your career in a lower grade. After a tough game you get a call up to play that same night in first grade for your debut!! But you are tired from the game you just played so your your stamina is down.

In RLL2 the stamina of players would drop throughout the season and you would have to rest them. Their form could drop too. These aspects would be good in career mode. It'll be interesting getting dropped due to bad form back to NSW Cup.
Or having a player in the NRL team get injured and you recieve a call up to fill in in a position you are unaccustomed with. Say you are a 2nd rower in season and you get called up into NRL to play centre.
Or you are a 5/8th. The NRL team fullback gets injured. So the team coach makes you catch 20 from 20 high balls to get a opportunity to play at fullback for the team.

Carry this over to prop. The star prop is injured. So to get a call up the coach makes you bust through a defensive line in practice.

Halfback and the coach brings you into training to kick the ball in a variety of trials. Banana kicks in goal, cross field kicks to your wingers, grubbed kicks that stop in goal and 40/20 kicks.

What are your thoughts?

This is for future titles but think about NBA 2K14 where you see a star player and they give you words of encouragement. It'll be cool being a QLD Cup player and going in for a series of trials with the head coach and JT comes in to give you a few pointers. It would be good to see coaches in the game even if it were just text on screen to communicate.

I had another thought. I like in DBC when you got out it went to a first person view and you walked away in disappointment. This would be great for special occasions in RLL3. You make your NRL debut and it starts out with you walking down the tunnel behind Billy Slater and Cameron Smith in first person view point. You run onto the field giving the kids a high five and hearing the crowd cheer or boo depending on what ground you are playing.

Same deal with your Origin debut, or finals games.

Same view for your first try. Switches to first person view and your team mates are jumping up and down and hug you to celebrate.
Could do it for injuries too. You do down holding your leg. Or you get a head knock and your get the same effect from the fight night games where you hear bells ringing and you are dizzy.
You have some cool ideas, i agree through, i like the idea of the cutscene of DBC I like how they did that, would be cool to see in rll3
(03-11-2015, 06:27 PM)davies11 Wrote: You have some cool ideas, i agree through, i like the idea of the cutscene of DBC I like how they did that, would be cool to see in rll3

Thanks man.

How cool would it be playing with the Storm and on your 200th game for them they have a banner you run through in first person view. Or leading your team onto the field on your first game as caption.
The celebration for your 100th career try. Or first person view the moment you break the point scoring record in a seasonBig Grin
Yep running out for debut, test etc with first person would cool...

I like the coach and player comments too, could implement that into their email system..

I'd like a news banner like the madden games as well they're great
In the Fifa games you can do trick moves with the ball.

It would be cool if in those coach trials someone of influence (star player or coach or immortal) would come to training and teach you something which would unlock it for your player in career. This could be a goose step, a inside outside dummy, a running one handed scoop from dummy half, a bananna kick facing one way and kicking the ball the other direction. Maybe a double step.
I am sure other people could throw in more ideas for career abilities you could unlock.
(03-11-2015, 07:32 PM)benz1980i Wrote: In the Fifa games you can do trick moves with the ball.

It would be cool if in those coach trials someone of influence (star player or coach or immortal) would come to training and teach you something which would unlock it for your player in career. This could be a goose step, a inside outside dummy, a running one handed scoop from dummy half, a bananna kick facing one way and kicking the ball the other direction. Maybe a double step.
I am sure other people could throw in more ideas for career abilities you could unlock.

Yeah also could have specialties:

High Flyer (wins the ball in the air most of the time.)
Matthew Duffie, Daniel Tupou.
To get this trait need stats of Jumping 90+

Raging Bull (Can break multiple tackles)
Jason Taumalolo, Paul Gallen.
Strength 90+

Kicking King (he can kick the ball in areas of the field which others cant)
Cooper Cronk, Adam Reynolds.
Kick Accuracy 90+

Defensive Wall (rarely misses tackles)
Shaun Fensom.
Taclkling 90+

Finisher (10 metres out of the tryline he's is hard to stop from scoring).
: Manu Vatuvei, Akuila Uate.
Strength 90+ Break Tackle 90+ Acceleration 80+

And when your career player develops and if his stat or other players in career reach a certain stat say 90+ kicking accuracy they then get the trait of Kicking King.
Correction...

High Flyer
Karmichael Hunt
To get this trait you have to buy over 12 grams of coke.

Yes.. it's been that slow of a week.
“There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.”
Deft hands, really silky passing skills. Or Eight Minute man, high stamina, capable of closing out games.