Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Reviews
(04-16-2014, 04:12 PM)Crumpets Wrote:
(04-16-2014, 02:11 PM)Ross Wrote: I would LOVE to have the budget and sales of F1 - our development budget for the whole of DBC14 was around 20% of the license fee for F1, let alone the development and marketing costs.

Comparing Apples with turnips much? How do I choose to bat in F1, game sucks.

Hang on, but I paid more for DBC 14 than F1 2013.

At the end of the day they are games, and are reviewed on equal terms by the public. Not from the their genre. To think this is the case is ludicrous, especially for something like cricket which has a game releasing every 5 years...there would be many people that have never even played a cricket game.

You made a game available to the open market at the same price and even higher as these other games developed by those with bigger budgets - you have to expect it to be reviewed by the average consumer on equal terms with other games.

its like releasing a dodgy Datsun with oil leaks and flat tyres and asking the consumer to pay $100k in a market of Mercedes costing the same price - how can you not expect there to be comparison in value for money?

You talk of my friendly response about games being reviewed in relation to genre and how they fit into them, being ludicrous. Which frankly is insulting, along with wrong.

Not every game out there on every console is reviewed and scored on equal terms with each other. There are games likes of The Last Of Us, GTA V, Fifa '14 and South Park: The Stick Of Truth. These games cannot be scored in relation to each other at all.

When people reviewed The Last Of Us the comparitive emphasis was in relation to genres which have qualities like, 3rd person adventure, mission based stories, post apocolyptic scenarios, things like that.

When people review GTA V, they often speak about how it performs in relation to other mission based sandbox games, it's scores reflect where it sits within the progression of the genre.

Fifa '14 is such a big franchise, that it (much like Madden) is not compared to any other sports, but other soccer games.

South Park: The Stick Of Truth, is almost always reviewed as an RPG, mission based adventure gaming, etc.

Many games are even reviewed with reference to how they perform in relation to which iteration they are from a developer, their budget relative to the size of the publisher and many other relevant details.

A lot of things in life have to have migitating factors taken into account, you can't compare everything to everything else, it just doesn't make any sense.

So far, your point has consisted of, because you say so and because you're not happy. You've tried to eliminate everyone elses right to an opinion by rubbishing the scores going around and stating that you're the only one dealing in facts. Well, you're not.

You're entitled to not like the game and you didn't have to buy it. You could have waited and read the IGN review, watched out for bugs on You Tube, or hired the game, or decided it was too risky and not bought it at all.

At the end of the day, this developer had by all accounts a very low budget to make this game. They are trying to patch any problems as soon as they can. They want to make a franchise of what is (financial return wise) a fairly dicey gaming prospect - cricket. Cricket has a heck of a lot more going on under the hood with the multitude of factors going on in one game than many other titles.

I sometimes wonder why people bother to respond to your type, you never were going to be happy.

"I paid full price, I demand top service". Big Ant will do all they can.

You're probably the kind of hypocrite who gets fed up with difficult people. Rolleyes

And I bet he makes a hell of a NZ team too!
(04-16-2014, 05:52 PM)border Wrote: And I bet he makes a hell of a NZ team too!

Big Grin Had to laugh. Does sound like the clone of someone.

Kiwis don't act like that- must have been born in Zimbabwe. Not the author of the thread- the other you speak of.
Big Ant please please please make Rugby Challenge. That's where the money is baby. Aim for release pre World Cup 2019.
Posted this in the other thread but thought I'd post it in here too, DBC 14 currently holds a 93% score on metacritic.
    Even Mr Burns is happy
Even chunnster gave it a 10. Must be good, though he did give some wise advice regarding trolls. Here it is:

WARNING: Unfortunately the PlanetCricket forum's trolls (ignore any retorts otherwise - as will just be forum members / trolls) voted each others' teams top of the rankings and so you can end up with awful teams if do not have your wits about you. Only the classic/ era teams are truly the best ones.
The first current generation teams to appear are NOT the best (check them yourself). BUT good ones are there!! The top 500 is essentially an in-house farce.
Search further down the list / teams by "chunnster_lives_" and you will see they are some of the best (likenesses, stats, linked to real-life stats and in-game players, gear edited, everything done) - but all 26 have exactly half a star out of five (!!!???)...
It seems one of the BigAnt programmers is also a PlanetCricket forum troll and thus bitter about the threat / quality of these teams... as they were all five stars but have now been frozen at half a star (an abusive act towards an altruist), due to the teams overtaking theirs at the top when neutrals (English, NZers, Indians) got to vote on game's release. Unprofessional at best, illegal and defamatory at worst. Basically, they could not handle the jandal. But we live in a democracy, and the world (not a forum) wants the best teams, not the best amongst twenty spotty, unworldly, teenage (at best) forum trolls. Enough said. Let the people decide once have seen both.

Not being part of the forum and alerting them to my teams (which took months) was a terrible idea but I was innocently thinking they just wanted good teams - only sadly it is an ego exercise for them - but they thought only they were doing their (crappy) teams and closed ranks (as all bullies and lesser creative beings do). Decided to block vote down any team not theirs and so forth.... Disappointing.
My teams are BEAST though and this proud kiwi loves using them (the australian, england, india, IPL, are also all the best too and I had the beta for weeks to check and nothing has changed post-release)!!
I use all those 26 teams. And playing in the Black Caps (with that team) is a pleasure... Kept teams up even though got trolled (ratings-wise)... and now they seem frozen, as others have told me they voted on the teams but they do not move from half a star.. also If I go to resubmit or unshare them, they do not budge.... true Australian sportsmanship there for ya. LOLZ!! Sad... but true. The more things change, the more they stay the same.
I put the community first though and keep the teams and players up for you regardless. I do not bow to terrorism. Thank goodness. So choose the teams and stuff you want, but be informed and be wary.. have a look within the teams you want.. and if you are a kiwi, there is only one team for you: New Zealand Black Caps... the other NZ teams are nonsense.
Get ready for a [email protected]%&ing broken arm!!!!!
I have a feeling that this one is an "Australian" (vic) product, but would get along well with that talentless "NZ" thing.

Thanks Mbgrice, good laugh there and an even bigger one when I saw that my downie-down-voted NZ team is rated better than his, LMAO. If only I could contact the author of that warning and thank him for the happiness he's brought to my day by highlighting that fact. :p
“There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.”
I'm starting to really worry about Chunnster's mental stability. How tight are New Zealand's gun laws may I ask?
Get ready for a [email protected]%&ing broken arm!!!!!
(04-16-2014, 05:01 PM)C A Iversen Wrote:
(04-16-2014, 04:12 PM)Crumpets Wrote:
(04-16-2014, 02:11 PM)Ross Wrote: I would LOVE to have the budget and sales of F1 - our development budget for the whole of DBC14 was around 20% of the license fee for F1, let alone the development and marketing costs.

Comparing Apples with turnips much? How do I choose to bat in F1, game sucks.

Hang on, but I paid more for DBC 14 than F1 2013.

At the end of the day they are games, and are reviewed on equal terms by the public. Not from the their genre. To think this is the case is ludicrous, especially for something like cricket which has a game releasing every 5 years...there would be many people that have never even played a cricket game.

You made a game available to the open market at the same price and even higher as these other games developed by those with bigger budgets - you have to expect it to be reviewed by the average consumer on equal terms with other games.

its like releasing a dodgy Datsun with oil leaks and flat tyres and asking the consumer to pay $100k in a market of Mercedes costing the same price - how can you not expect there to be comparison in value for money?

You talk of my friendly response about games being reviewed in relation to genre and how they fit into them, being ludicrous. Which frankly is insulting, along with wrong.

Not every game out there on every console is reviewed and scored on equal terms with each other. There are games likes of The Last Of Us, GTA V, Fifa '14 and South Park: The Stick Of Truth. These games cannot be scored in relation to each other at all.

When people reviewed The Last Of Us the comparitive emphasis was in relation to genres which have qualities like, 3rd person adventure, mission based stories, post apocolyptic scenarios, things like that.

When people review GTA V, they often speak about how it performs in relation to other mission based sandbox games, it's scores reflect where it sits within the progression of the genre.

Fifa '14 is such a big franchise, that it (much like Madden) is not compared to any other sports, but other soccer games.

South Park: The Stick Of Truth, is almost always reviewed as an RPG, mission based adventure gaming, etc.

Many games are even reviewed with reference to how they perform in relation to which iteration they are from a developer, their budget relative to the size of the publisher and many other relevant details.

A lot of things in life have to have migitating factors taken into account, you can't compare everything to everything else, it just doesn't make any sense.

So far, your point has consisted of, because you say so and because you're not happy. You've tried to eliminate everyone elses right to an opinion by rubbishing the scores going around and stating that you're the only one dealing in facts. Well, you're not.

You're entitled to not like the game and you didn't have to buy it. You could have waited and read the IGN review, watched out for bugs on You Tube, or hired the game, or decided it was too risky and not bought it at all.

At the end of the day, this developer had by all accounts a very low budget to make this game. They are trying to patch any problems as soon as they can. They want to make a franchise of what is (financial return wise) a fairly dicey gaming prospect - cricket. Cricket has a heck of a lot more going on under the hood with the multitude of factors going on in one game than many other titles.

I sometimes wonder why people bother to respond to your type, you never were going to be happy.

"I paid full price, I demand top service". Big Ant will do all they can.

You're probably the kind of hypocrite who gets fed up with difficult people. Rolleyes

The reviews on these forums, on metacritic etc are of course going to be biased towards the game because people have to make an effort to actually log-in, sign-up to voice their opinion. A majority of the reviews are coming in from BigAnt and PlanetCricket fanboys, like amazingly massive, patronising c**kheads such as SnowyCasanova and Biggs, who deserve a taste of knuckle.

If you want to say real public opinion about the game, check out the viewer comments on IGN's youtube review, where all someone has to do is watch the vid and click on the comments. This is representative of the average consumer - the majority who are buying the game. The majority IS NOT those who sign up to forums. You make up a very small minority Im sorry to say.

The response to the game is that it is an INTERACTIVE HOLOCAUST.

Sorry for 'insulting' you. I understand you are probably a mummy's boy still living at home and find it hard to accept the truth.

Have some virtual tissues.

Oh yeah, as for your gracious reply to my post (I get a lot of replies from people including the developer, unlike many others, which you are probably jeaslous of too): tl;dr.

Bit disappointed about your racist slant with your emotive responses too. Poor form - something that I take exception to, even as an Australian.