Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My honest review
Believe me guys, I totally disagree with his scores by varying degrees across the board. I think he's out on the overall for example by over 30% at least!

What I was trying to say is that he outlined his thoughts in a generally non-rude, non-petulant fashion. I mean it didn't come across like a rager or a troll. I think he's entitled to his opinion, but my opinion is that he's wrong. Smile

if he gave this a 5, what did he give other cricket games - nothing more than 3 id hope.

this is almost twice as good as previous games - much like bradman is almost twice as good as the rest in batting avgs :p
(04-10-2014, 01:33 PM)ak47 Wrote: if he gave this a 5, what did he give other cricket games - nothing more than 3 id hope.

this is almost twice as good as previous games - much like bradman is almost twice as good as the rest in batting avgs :p

Hence why the game is named "Don Bradman Cricket 14" Wink
I agree that the game is a very strong foundation to work from. The one thing that stands out to me about the game is the huge potential it has to become amazing, and the steps that need to be taken to get there aren't insurmountable in my opinion.

I cant wait for the future editions - hopefully there are many.

(04-10-2014, 01:33 PM)ak47 Wrote: if he gave this a 5, what did he give other cricket games - nothing more than 3 id hope.

As I said, I didnt write this review in cconsideration of games come and gone, I wrote it in the context of how the game represents the actual game of cricket, in my own opinion.

Relating it to titles of the past achieves nothing I believe - everything we have ever got has been extremely mediocre and the baseline is low. When it comes to cricket games that are so few and far between, the aim shouldnt be to just make a better game than what has come before, but to make a game that represents the actual sport as closely as possible, and the aspects and intiricies of it - this is what captures people.
(04-10-2014, 03:21 PM)Crumpets Wrote: I agree that the game is a very strong foundation to work from. The one thing that stands out to me about the game is the huge potential it has to become amazing, and the steps that need to be taken to get there aren't insurmountable in my opinion.

I cant wait for the future editions - hopefully there are many.

As I said, I didnt write this review in cconsideration of games come and gone, I wrote it in the context of how the game represents the actual game of cricket, in my own opinion.

Relating it to titles of the past achieves nothing I believe - everything we have ever got has been extremely mediocre and the baseline is low. When it comes to cricket games that are so few and far between, the aim shouldnt be to just make a better game than what has come before, but to make a game that represents the actual sport as closely as possible, and the aspects and intiricies of it - this is what captures people.

That's what Big Ant has tried to do though: capture what makes cricket, cricket. They have tried to achieve both of your aims: to make a cricket game better than those before it AND have it be as close a representation to real cricket as possible. This is their first iteration so of course, all aspects of cricket won't be included. I'd expect something very special for a potential sequel though Smile