Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
World Cup Edition Announced!
(10-21-2013, 08:36 PM)stanchez47 Wrote:
(10-20-2013, 08:03 PM)Ross Wrote:
(10-20-2013, 07:51 PM)krypter Wrote: I wish someone could just confirm or deny gameplay tweaks. Someone has to say look, our fans want to know if we've done some edits. We don't need to go into details, but just announce that there's been gameplay tweaks and you'd have everyone buying your game again.

But then again there might not so/shrugs

I can't talk of such things right now because they are not in the public domain - Tru Blu/HES can answer such questions prior to release - after release, like day#1 when it is out, I'd be more able to discuss it.

Ahhh didnt we ask about that in regards to interceptions and was told "we cant discuss it because people may exploit it" or words to that effect??

From what I have read on here a lot of the hard core followers of this game wont buy it unless straight forward questions are answered -

- will the intercept-fest be corrected?
- will the o.p. sprint speeds of forwards (George Rose outspringting Jarryd Hayne) be corrected?
- will the AI attack be a little less north-south?

Extra teams, world cup mode, updated jerseys, extended career mode are really wallpaper over cracks. I'd rather wait until March next year and buy a game for $100 with the above fixed, updated rosters and jerseys for the 2014 season, world cup mode added etc etc.

I understand why the term "cash grab" has been used because in some ways it feels like it. Basically why do I want to spend $50 approx on a game where the fundamentals havent been fixed? So I can see the AI score all its trys intercepts and kick 100% of its goals just in different jerseys and stadiums?

I'm sure Ross is going to launch at me but I dont really mind. I buy the game from the store who buy the game from Tru Blu who pay Big Ant to develop the game.

I agree with every single word above and I appreciate bigants efforts in keeping this game updated, but even if they put in every single team, league, jersey, stadium, boots or etc. If the major gameplay bugs doesn't get fixed, the game still remains poor.
This would have to be the ONLY game I have ever seen that refuses to release a list of changes when a patch is made available. The excuse of being exploited is not good enough. About time Tru Blu started communicating like a professional company.

And on the bug fixes....if they were to fix the intercepts, the crap-shoot bombs, undefendable dives over the tryline, radar like goal kicking & the forwards faster than the backs....how would the AI EVER score any points??? Eh Ross...cant have the game too difficult, must dumb it down to fit the masses..ffs!!
I'm gone...lost all respect for big ant, tru blu, HES. Prefer to pump out a cash grab game than fix the problems that you know full well about that have been present since day 1.

See ya when RLL8 World Cup Edition with 2017 roster & 50 year career with all the same issues still ruining it comes out.
I do have a niggling feeling that you'll post again.... but I've been wrong before...

Big Ant Studios store at www.BigAnt.com
All the people complaining about it being a stand alone game need to get over it. It's going to be cheaper than the original and will have plenty of new content to keep us busy anyway.

In spite of its flaws, I personally really loved the original game (even if the devs decided they wouldn't put any effort into producing heritage jerseys for my beloved Roosters), and would be happy to fork out for a World Cup edition.

Look at it this way guys, you're not just buying an updated version of the game, you're investing in the future of Rugby League gaming. We're a pretty small market too, so you shouldn't take that lightly...

(10-21-2013, 08:36 PM)stanchez47 Wrote: Extra teams, world cup mode, updated jerseys, extended career mode are really wallpaper over cracks. I'd rather wait until March next year and buy a game for $100 with the above fixed, updated rosters and jerseys for the 2014 season, world cup mode added etc etc.

I understand why the term "cash grab" has been used because in some ways it feels like it. Basically why do I want to spend $50 approx on a game where the fundamentals havent been fixed? So I can see the AI score all its trys intercepts and kick 100% of its goals just in different jerseys and stadiums?

What makes you think there'll be a game in March? I honestly doubt it... the cycle hasn't actually been annual for these titles, more like every 2 to 3 years.

It's worth remembering that League is a pretty small sport, and so doesn't attract the investment dollars necessary to be producing quality titles year-in-year-out ala NFL, soccer and basketball, whose markets are in in the hundreds of millions (of potential customers).
Look at it this way guys, you're not just buying an updated version of the game, you're investing in the future of Rugby League gaming. We're a pretty small market too, so you shouldn't take that lightly...

My thoughts exactly...
(10-22-2013, 11:24 AM)D86 Wrote: Look at it this way guys, you're not just buying an updated version of the game, you're investing in the future of Rugby League gaming. We're a pretty small market too, so you shouldn't take that lightly...

My thoughts exactly...

I think allot of people think this game has a budget like GTA5 - $246 Million, even that game has its problems.

For the budget of this game, I think BigAnt have done one fantastic job to where the game is so far, yeah it has its problems but what game doesn’t.
I dnt think the things I've mentioned tho are massive changes tho nothing ever gets answered on here it's always I cnt answer that I'd like to from rugby league 2 why women in league jerseys weren't included and y when u make custom teams the emblem isn't on the jersey these to me seem minor as for the bugs in the game yeh they suck but if u play differently you can work round it
I have no problem with the game i enjoy it how it is. I do however have a slight problem with the "slightly cheaper than the original game. Actually the fact that i already paid full price for the original and the DLC and now have to pay for the game again with the world cup features actually makes the game more expensive.
That being said, the lure of the world cup competition added to a game that i already enjoy, ill more than likely buy it
I think this is brilliant fuck rl fans at times insular, this is a promotion for the code.
And think there will be a geniune wembley, millennium, old Trafford, Wrexham plus another French ground and even an Irish one.
(10-22-2013, 10:50 AM)Ross Wrote: I do have a niggling feeling that you'll post again.... but I've been wrong before...

I only have a year 12 education so I might be a bit confused but where in the above sentence does it answer the question about intercepts being fixed/not being fixed in the patch?

Is the patch that's been out in the public domain for a while now out in the public domain enough to be commented on?

"And there goes Big George Rose intercepting off his own tryline and springting 100 metres! He has outrun Hayne, Slater, Usain Bolt, Jesse Owens, Black Caviar, Sebastian Vettel and Jesus to score!!!!"