The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 907 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.2.24 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 907 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Playing online.
I've played AFL Live a while now and am moderately okay. I can beat Legend level easily enough, (e.g. won the flag with GWS). Online, I’ll win more than I lose.

However, there's some people I play online and just can't compete against. Amongst other things, they:

• predominantly win the ball in contested situations
• are nearly impossible to outmark
• are difficult to spoil in marking competitions
• when tackled, frequently get perfect disposals away
• tackle me and completely incapacitate my players.

The whole feel of the game (in these matches) is different, like an AFL team playing a Diamond Valley team.

Having had a number of these games, can't believe it's just that some people are consistently that good given the double standards unfolding in play, i.e. stuff they can do that I can't, (refer above list, amongst other things).

I think one of the things is with the contested situations, people make physically big players, who win these contests. (There’s several people I’ve played who have nothing but giants on their teams.)

Otherwise, I’ve been toying with the notion of stats manipulation. For example, anybody not playing up forward (and, arguably, the half-forward line also) doesn’t need the banana goal kicking stats. The defenders don’t need the goal kicking stats in general. They’re just extremely unlikely to be used, so whatever is in these stats can be attributed elsewhere. Similarly with ‘Injury’ stats. Players don’t get injured online. ‘Break Tackle’ is another, potentially, since it’s just not employed enough to matter.

What does ‘Consistency’ do in terms of gameplay? That would seem another which could go. (Still can’t work out what it does in general.)

So, a question for those in the know: are there stats which are manipulated to produce the desired outcomes? Or are there cracks for the game, e.g. removing the salary cap, so you can amp a team up to extremes? I know Top Spin 4 had a glitch which allowed players to exaggerate their stats, but 2K Sports released a patch to get rid of that.

Somebody else told me that, occasionally, (due to internet connections) the game can unfold with minute lag, so the game isn’t visibly disrupted, but it can cause these issues.

Any thoughts?

(P.S. This isn’t just me whinging about losing. I’ve spoken to others who’ve experienced this in some games. So I’m curious).

Messages In This Thread
Playing online. - by Spur - 10-14-2012, 02:05 PM
RE: Playing online. - by Zack - 10-14-2012, 07:57 PM
RE: Playing online. - by MichaelPowell - 10-14-2012, 10:39 PM
RE: Playing online. - by Spur - 10-19-2012, 09:56 AM
RE: Playing online. - by Spur - 10-31-2012, 08:12 PM
RE: Playing online. - by dremeworld - 11-02-2012, 08:04 PM
RE: Playing online. - by Spur - 11-28-2012, 05:52 PM
RE: Playing online. - by Spur - 11-30-2012, 11:38 PM
RE: Playing online. - by Spur - 01-05-2013, 07:38 PM
RE: Playing online. - by border - 01-05-2013, 09:54 PM
RE: Playing online. - by Spur - 01-06-2013, 03:59 PM