Big Ant Studios
Stuff you may have missed - Rugby League Live 3 Edition - Printable Version

+- Big Ant Studios (https://forum.bigant.com)
+-- Forum: Welcome to the Big Ant Forums (https://forum.bigant.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Rugby League (https://forum.bigant.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+---- Forum: Rugby League Live 4 (https://forum.bigant.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+---- Thread: Stuff you may have missed - Rugby League Live 3 Edition (/showthread.php?tid=5320)

Pages: 1 2

Stuff you may have missed - Rugby League Live 3 Edition - Radman - 06-28-2017

Now that Rugby League Live 4 is just 1 month away this thread is for all the things you have used to get the upper hand on your opponents both human and AI in RLL3.

Whether it was special plays or skills you used that others may have missed up until now.

Lets have some fun... (hope I don't get sued...) :p

RE: Stuff you may have missed - Rugby League Live 3 Edition - pure_brad - 06-28-2017

Don't know if this falls under a special play or skill. When fighting to get a quick play the ball the controls tell you to wiggle the right analogue stick from left to right. I never did that all I did was spin the Right analogue stick clockwise and I got many quick play the balls and penalties. Worked a lot better, not sure if people knew thought I would share though Smile. Also I found if you hold players down longer then spin right analogue stick to get off the tackler it helped not giving away a penalty.

RE: Stuff you may have missed - Rugby League Live 3 Edition - Aastill - 06-28-2017

On a 2 on 1 situation, instead of passing it to the winger i always liked to grubber it through. Made for some great tries

RE: Stuff you may have missed - Rugby League Live 3 Edition - Wouldubeinta - 06-28-2017

I only discovered this three months ago. Before going for a tackle I hold the right stick down or up, depending on what side of the field you are on and it will charge the players bar and it will always do smash tackles.

RE: Stuff you may have missed - Rugby League Live 3 Edition - Aastill - 06-28-2017

(06-28-2017, 11:19 PM)Wouldubeinta Wrote: I only discovered this three months ago. Before going for a tackle I hold the right stick down or up, depending on what side of the field you are on and it will charge the players bar and it will always do smash tackles.

See every time I did that It never worked for me! Must've been doing it wrong!

RE: Stuff you may have missed - Rugby League Live 3 Edition - Wouldubeinta - 06-28-2017

(06-28-2017, 11:28 PM)Aastill Wrote:
(06-28-2017, 11:19 PM)Wouldubeinta Wrote: I only discovered this three months ago. Before going for a tackle I hold the right stick down or up, depending on what side of the field you are on and it will charge the players bar and it will always do smash tackles.

See every time I did that It never worked for me! Must've been doing it wrong!

Yeah you need to charge the bar up, which I didn't know lol.

RE: Stuff you may have missed - Rugby League Live 3 Edition - DEVICER - 06-29-2017

(06-28-2017, 10:43 PM)pure_brad Wrote: Don't know if this falls under a special play or skill. When fighting to get a quick play the ball the controls tell you to wiggle the right analogue stick from left to right. I never did that all I did was spin the Right analogue stick clockwise and I got many quick play the balls and penalties. Worked a lot better, not sure if people knew thought I would share though Smile. Also I found if you hold players down longer then spin right analogue stick to get off the tackler it helped not giving away a penalty.

Holding down any face button would mitigate the chance of giving away a penalty for holding down in the tackle, even on legend, as soon the ref said "held" you had to release.

I cant remember the last time I've given away a penalty for holding down.

RE: Stuff you may have missed - Rugby League Live 3 Edition - pure_brad - 06-29-2017

(06-29-2017, 09:07 AM)DEVICER Wrote:
(06-28-2017, 10:43 PM)pure_brad Wrote: Don't know if this falls under a special play or skill. When fighting to get a quick play the ball the controls tell you to wiggle the right analogue stick from left to right. I never did that all I did was spin the Right analogue stick clockwise and I got many quick play the balls and penalties. Worked a lot better, not sure if people knew thought I would share though Smile. Also I found if you hold players down longer then spin right analogue stick to get off the tackler it helped not giving away a penalty.

Holding down any face button would mitigate the chance of giving away a penalty for holding down in the tackle, even on legend, as soon the ref said "held" you had to release.

It might just be because I'm a Storm fan lol but you can slow the play the ball down. If you haven't given away a penalty in a while you must be allowing them to get quick play the ball then. AI doesn't really fight in tackles unlike people I have played the game with. I have held on after the ref has called held, you just got to time it a second or two then spin analogue stick to quickly get off the tackle. If you got RLL3 on PS3 I can give you a game to show you. If not algoods Smile

RE: Stuff you may have missed - Rugby League Live 3 Edition - DEVICER - 06-29-2017

(06-29-2017, 10:23 AM)pure_brad Wrote:
(06-29-2017, 09:07 AM)DEVICER Wrote:

It might just be because I'm a Storm fan lol but you can slow the play the ball down. If you haven't given away a penalty in a while you must be allowing them to get quick play the ball then. AI doesn't really fight in tackles unlike people I have played the game with. I have held on after the ref has called held, you just got to time it a second or two then spin analogue stick to quickly get off the tackle. If you got RLL3 on PS3 I can give you a game to show you. If not algoods Smile

There is some misunderstanding here. What I'm saying is to avoid getting penalised full stop, as soon as you make a tackle, hold down any face button and you are in control of how long you lay on the tackled player. It will never go into that auto animation which brings a penalty. I only give away penalties on purpose, ie if they made a break and I pull em down short of the line and my defense is nowhere so I'll hold square and lie on em till i give the penalty.

RE: Stuff you may have missed - Rugby League Live 3 Edition - pure_brad - 06-29-2017

I understand what your saying. I'm just letting people know when you let go of the button the tackled player gets up to play the ball. Your defender can be slow getting up and out of position. If you spin right analogue spin after you stop holding down the player, you will jump up quicker and get to marker. Hope that makes sense.