Big Ant Studios
Dirt Track Kickstarter Campaign - Printable Version

+- Big Ant Studios (https://forum.bigant.com)
+-- Forum: Welcome to the Big Ant Forums (https://forum.bigant.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Dirt Track (https://forum.bigant.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Dirt Track Kickstarter Campaign (/showthread.php?tid=4593)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

RE: Dirt Track Kickstarter Campaign - StrmChsr96 - 02-20-2016

(02-20-2016, 12:47 AM)Griz16p Wrote: I could be way wrong but by my calculations if they are using this as the only advertisement for the game they will never meet the goal. There's less than 5000 registered members on the forum and I'm sure not all of them are dirt track fans. I want this game as bad as anyone and have already pledged my money but I'm not going to do all the leg work advertising it.

I thought that too about their twitter account. About 4200 followers and over 3000 backers needed by my calculations. They do have about 2500 likes for this games page on facebook but that isn't translating into backers. I've seen it on reddit and one Xbox news site but it needs a lot more exposure. I've tried to get people to talk about it but it's not working well.

RE: Dirt Track Kickstarter Campaign - Ross - 02-20-2016

We've had near on 200,000 impressions of the campaign specifically targeted to people that are interested in Dirt Track, there have been 24,952 views of the video on the Kickstarter page, we're scratching our heads as to why they are not translating into backers of the campaign. This is like a pre-order and 100% of the funds raised will go into the game development, yet we've had so many call it a "donation", maybe that's it? Perhaps people just don't understand what a Kickstarter is, plenty have asked if the game is finished? Can they see it? etc...

I know the fans are there as we've been bombarded about making a new game on a daily basis for years but at the moment they are proving the traditional video game publishers who won't invest in Dirt Track completely right.

RE: Dirt Track Kickstarter Campaign - PaOhWvD1RT - 02-20-2016

Just a suggestion, if this doesn't work out on March 12, please dont give up! My suggestion is to include late models, no matter what. Their worth the investment! The only two late model drivers I know would pay to have their car in the game. But since late models are not guarenteed to be included, their just not interested. Here in the states, just about every track race late models on a weekly basis, weather its crate or super. The fan base for this division is huge! There's no question far more tracks, teams and fans would jump on the oppurtunity to be part of the game! Late model tracks dont want to spend $1,000 with the chance their headline division won't be included. Late models+Sprints+the right promotion=$$$$$ which will pay for every other dirt car division. I really want this game to happen!!!

RE: Dirt Track Kickstarter Campaign - routierracing - 02-20-2016

2 things are slowing people down on contributing.

1 they don't wanna invest if they don't believe it will reach the goal. There isn't much we can do about that.

2nd.. I keep hearing over and over that it should be late models first. It makes me mad everyone wants to make demands about what to put in the games but not help contribute funding. However late model racing is a little bigger than sprints. Not that sprint car racing isn't big. Founder of Eldora Speedway, Earl Baltes, once said that sprint car racing wouldn't have been bigger enough to support the Eldora Million race. Only late models would.

RE: Dirt Track Kickstarter Campaign - knight1981 - 02-20-2016

Im from Newcastle NSW Australia and because we don't have a speedway in Newcastle anymore I go down to Sydneys Vavoline Raceway roughy 5 times in a race season. I have just contacted Valvoline Raceway about this game and the kick starter project and they didn't have a bloody clue about it.
Ross is it possible for you guys to ring all of the Australian Speedways and talk to them about this project and get them to promote it. Surely it wont cost anything for the speedways to give you guys a plug. This game being made will only create more interest in their sport. Its a win-win for gaming and the sport of Dirt Track Racing.
The person I spoke to at Sydneys Vavoline Speedway didn't know about it and I'm sure she thought I was crazy for even talking about it. I asked the person who I was speaking to pass the message onto someone higher or look the website up and get the message out tonight.
We all know that in Australia Saturday Night is Speedway Night. Most Dirt race tracks will be running tonight and if we get the message out tonight this could see ALOT MORE MONEY roll into the kickstarter fund over night

RE: Dirt Track Kickstarter Campaign - StrmChsr96 - 02-20-2016

I contributed to the funding without knowing what Kickstarter actually did. Knowing that if it doesn't reach funding, I can get the my money back is a little better but I didn't care! I was going to get the game anyway and was excited to help. And I get to play daily updates and help with development so that made it even better. Ross, is there a way to edit the Kickstarter page to let people know right away that it isn't just a donation? That night be a way to help. Other than that, please don't give up! I'm from Iowa and the dirt car community is huge here, but the racing doesn't start for over another month so I don't know how much tracks here can spread the word unless they just contribute themselves.

RE: Dirt Track Kickstarter Campaign - Bgaines14 - 02-20-2016

(02-20-2016, 02:09 PM)StrmChsr96 Wrote: I contributed to the funding without knowing what Kickstarter actually did. Knowing that if it doesn't reach funding, I can get the my money back is a little better but I didn't care! I was going to get the game anyway and was excited to help. And I get to play daily updates and help with development so that made it even better. Ross, is there a way to edit the Kickstarter page to let people know right away that it isn't just a donation? That night be a way to help. Other than that, please don't give up! I'm from Iowa and the dirt car community is huge here, but the racing doesn't start for over another month so I don't know how much tracks here can spread the word unless they just contribute themselves.

^^^^^^ agree 100%. Extend date. Don't give up!!! A month to raise that much money is tough. Get more screen shots, keep posting them. Get people excited. I think people believe it's another Road To Knoxville. Show them it's not.

RE: Dirt Track Kickstarter Campaign - routierracing - 02-21-2016

And come up with Facebook ads that state in very simple terms that for x amount of money YOU can be featured in the game. Remember a lot of readers don't read the whole article.

RE: Dirt Track Kickstarter Campaign - Charles - 02-21-2016

(02-20-2016, 01:47 PM)knight1981 Wrote: The person I spoke to at Sydneys Vavoline Speedway didn't know about it and I'm sure she thought I was crazy for even talking about it. I asked the person who I was speaking to pass the message onto someone higher or look the website up and get the message out tonight.

I've spoken to the GM and PR manager from Valvoline Speedway personally.

RE: Dirt Track Kickstarter Campaign - knight1981 - 02-21-2016

We need to get the message to all Dirt Tracks in Australia and America to talk about it with the crowd on race nights. As I said before it'll benfit the sport of speedway and gaming. It'll attract new fans to the sport and those who attend speedway on a regular basis will pledge because they will want the game to become a reality. As of yesterday I have emailed about the kickstarter project to most of the aussie track PR people hoping to get the word out.