Big Ant Studios
Dirt Track Kickstarter Campaign - Printable Version

+- Big Ant Studios (https://forum.bigant.com)
+-- Forum: Welcome to the Big Ant Forums (https://forum.bigant.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Dirt Track (https://forum.bigant.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Dirt Track Kickstarter Campaign (/showthread.php?tid=4593)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

RE: Dirt Track Kickstarter Campaign - LateModel2s - 02-16-2016

What about someone like Keyser MFG, they make stuff for both Sprint cars and Late Models and everyone else. So maybe if they put up a good amount they could call the game Keyser Manufacturing's Dirt Track Racing....just an idea.

RE: Dirt Track Kickstarter Campaign - birddawg - 02-16-2016

If only I could have hit the lotto the other month when it was at a billion... We wouldn't have to worry about the 1.5mil!

RE: Dirt Track Kickstarter Campaign - Charles - 02-16-2016

(02-16-2016, 06:39 AM)KingKenny04 Wrote: Had a question about the game that wasn't really answered in the kickstarter page and I can't find anything on the forums here.

What level of simulation is Big Ant aiming for with this game? Coming from racing sims like rFactor 2, Assetto Corsa, and iRacing, I would love it if the dev team were going for a very high level of physics simulation, on the same level as rFactor 2 or something, but I also understand that something like that takes a huge amount of time, effort, and resources when most of the target audience would probably just be happy with something that looks and feel correct without every microscopic physics equation calculated to the nth digit.

I'll definitely back it either way, there are nowhere near enough games and sims dedicated to dirt ovals, and until ISI implement dirt physics in rFactor 2, even mods for other sims can't do it justice. I'm just curious if I should be expecting a sim on the level of rf2 or something more simcade on the level of Forza or Gran Turismo?

Thanks KingKenny. Our game is built on an extremely detailed physics simulation that's right up there with rFactor2 and iRacing. We are going for full simulation with everything from tire pressure, atmospheric pressure and temperature, engine ignition maps, fuel mixtures and component wear affecting vehicle performance.

But it's more than that. Dirt racing has an element that has never been covered correctly in a video game and that is the dynamic nature of the track itself. The best teams in dirt racing win by knowing the right setup for the conditions and making the correct adjustments when things change. The quicker the driver and team can react to a track that has gone from slick to tacky or built up a big cushion or developed an extra groove, the more advantage they have.

Our track rubbers up, dries out, gets packed in or loose as the racing changes. And that should really be at the core of a great dirt racing game.

RE: Dirt Track Kickstarter Campaign - birddawg - 02-19-2016

Is it true there is some drivers backing game??

RE: Dirt Track Kickstarter Campaign - Bgaines14 - 02-19-2016

(02-19-2016, 11:00 AM)birddawg Wrote: Is it true there is some drivers backing game??

I hope so!!! The funding is not going well. At this rate $10,000 a day needs raised. Right now its averaging $1,000 to 2,000 a day.

RE: Dirt Track Kickstarter Campaign - Charles - 02-19-2016

(02-19-2016, 11:11 AM)Bgaines14 Wrote:
(02-19-2016, 11:00 AM)birddawg Wrote: Is it true there is some drivers backing game??

I hope so!!! The funding is not going well. At this rate $10,000 a day needs raised. Right now its averaging $1,000 to 2,000 a day.

Yup it's pretty dismal. I thought we would get 264 backers in our first day, let alone our first week.

Where are all the people that have been asking for this?

RE: Dirt Track Kickstarter Campaign - Bgaines14 - 02-19-2016

(02-19-2016, 11:14 AM)Charles Wrote:

Yup it's pretty dismal. I thought we would get 264 backers in our first day, let alone our first week.

I'm guessing most people don't no about this. Only way I heard was Google searching about every six months "future sprint car game". I've told a handful of family and friends that are now "supporters". They would of had no clue if I didn't stubble across this fundraiser by googling. There are tons of sprint fans in north and south Dokata , Nebraska, Kansas, Iowa. I guarantee no one no's. This deadline needs extended into summer. Have tracks a announce game, promote it everywhere. It will get $266,000. But realistically in a month by word of mouth, gonna be tough. If Big Ant sold 400,000 (if I heard right) copies of Road to Knoxville (ugh). This game for PS4 sounds leaps and bounds better. Espically with some old Ratbag guys helping, I have no doubt they will exceed that number!!!!

RE: Dirt Track Kickstarter Campaign - StrmChsr96 - 02-19-2016

(02-19-2016, 11:38 AM)Bgaines14 Wrote:
(02-19-2016, 11:14 AM)Charles Wrote:

I'm guessing most people don't no about this. Only way I heard was Google searching about every six months "future sprint car game". I've told a handful of family and friends that are now "supporters". They would of had no clue if I didn't stubble across this fundraiser by googling. There are tons of sprint fans in north and south Dokata , Nebraska, Kansas, Iowa. I guarantee no one no's. This deadline needs extended into summer. Have tracks a announce game, promote it everywhere. It will get $266,000. But realistically in a month by word of mouth, gonna be tough. If Big Ant sold 400,000 (if I heard right) copies of Road to Knoxville (ugh). This game for PS4 sounds leaps and bounds better. Espically with some old Ratbag guys helping, I have no doubt they will exceed that number!!!!

I completely agree. I'm very excited that this game is happening and have been waiting for years for a new dirt track game on console. I stupidly bypassed WoO on the PS3, now I can't get it. I would love to see more people know about this. I've done all I could to get it out for the last week but nobody big is covering it or supporting yet. I don't even know why it isn't being covered as a new game that's been announced. I haven't seen one post on any gaming website about this game and I think that is a problem. We need a lot more people to know about this game and back it, or more time to get the money, to make this happen!

RE: Dirt Track Kickstarter Campaign - sid333 - 02-19-2016

I emailed good game here in Australia its a gaming TV show to see if they could mention the kickstarter program on there show to hopefully try and get more backers

RE: Dirt Track Kickstarter Campaign - Griz16p - 02-20-2016

I could be way wrong but by my calculations if they are using this as the only advertisement for the game they will never meet the goal. There's less than 5000 registered members on the forum and I'm sure not all of them are dirt track fans. I want this game as bad as anyone and have already pledged my money but I'm not going to do all the leg work advertising it.