Big Ant Studios
Dirt Track Kickstarter Campaign - Printable Version

+- Big Ant Studios (https://forum.bigant.com)
+-- Forum: Welcome to the Big Ant Forums (https://forum.bigant.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Dirt Track (https://forum.bigant.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Dirt Track Kickstarter Campaign (/showthread.php?tid=4593)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

RE: Dirt Track Kickstarter Campaign - Charles - 03-14-2016

(03-14-2016, 01:40 PM)birddawg Wrote: I just got on the other site, but there is no way really to discuss from what I can tell. So what exactly do we do? Is it more of a place just to see updates on their rather than here?

You should be able to post in any forum... can you not post?

RE: Dirt Track Kickstarter Campaign - TonyRostMotorsports - 03-14-2016

(03-14-2016, 03:08 PM)Charles Wrote:
(03-14-2016, 01:40 PM)birddawg Wrote: I just got on the other site, but there is no way really to discuss from what I can tell. So what exactly do we do? Is it more of a place just to see updates on their rather than here?

You should be able to post in any forum... can you not post?

I don't think many people are noticing the "Boards" tab that directs you to the Dirt Track Development forums. I just now found it. If it's possible, perhaps you could make it one of the main tabs on the homepage (Home, About, Funding, etc.)

By the way, the link to the Dirt Track Development forums on the "Join the Team" page just directs you back to the dirttrack.bigant.com homepage.

RE: Dirt Track Kickstarter Campaign - birddawg - 03-15-2016

I found the blog but that is is? What tab is it in? I am currently on the dirttrack.bigant.com. That is the only place I really know about

RE: Dirt Track Kickstarter Campaign - TonyRostMotorsports - 03-15-2016

(03-15-2016, 12:01 AM)birddawg Wrote: I found the blog but that is is? What tab is it in? I am currently on the dirttrack.bigant.com. That is the only place I really know about

On the upper right hand side of the page (by your username) there is a gray rectangle that says "Boards." Click that and it'll take you to the forums.

RE: Dirt Track Kickstarter Campaign - birddawg - 03-15-2016

(03-15-2016, 12:03 AM)TonyRostMotorsports Wrote:
(03-15-2016, 12:01 AM)birddawg Wrote: I found the blog but that is is? What tab is it in? I am currently on the dirttrack.bigant.com. That is the only place I really know about

On the upper right hand side of the page (by your username) there is a gray rectangle that says "Boards." Click that and it'll take you to the forums.

That helps a bunch! Thanks

RE: Dirt Track Kickstarter Campaign - Ross - 03-15-2016

(03-12-2016, 01:02 AM)Griz16p Wrote: I would like to know how many other games they needed a Kickstarter to get going? Personally I think it's kind of a joke that they need to have it in the first place. With as many dirt track racing games that have sold in the past it should be a no brainier. Especially in today's world where everyone has a console. This game would sell like hot cakes.

Lacrosse did and now they have their game, which is going like hot cakes and they are loving it. There are many games that have used Kickstarter to get going.

In terms of Dirt Track being a "no brainer" you'd like to think so, but *every* publisher on the planet does not believe that. The Kickstarter result also means we have to look at the distribution strategy, maybe Dirt Track fans in general don't like digital? Maybe it's only finished goods they want on disk? If so, that's going to be really hard to get done.

For others commenting on price, I don't think the price was a barrier, for $69 you got input into the game, a PC copy, a Console copy, and you got your name and likeness actually into the shipped game.

The comments on timeline, well we would have got more for sure if it was longer, however, there were campaigns targeted at males that like Dirt Track and we got more than a million of them viewing the campaign/FB page, they just didn't go the next step.

As Charles has said, we're still developing while we discuss the options open to us going forward, let's hope this game makes sense to some of the larger companies in the Dirt Track community.

RE: Dirt Track Kickstarter Campaign - DNAngel - 03-21-2016

(03-15-2016, 12:41 AM)Ross Wrote:
(03-12-2016, 01:02 AM)Griz16p Wrote: I would like to know how many other games they needed a Kickstarter to get going? Personally I think it's kind of a joke that they need to have it in the first place. With as many dirt track racing games that have sold in the past it should be a no brainier. Especially in today's world where everyone has a console. This game would sell like hot cakes.

Lacrosse did and now they have their game, which is going like hot cakes and they are loving it. There are many games that have used Kickstarter to get going.

In terms of Dirt Track being a "no brainer" you'd like to think so, but *every* publisher on the planet does not believe that. The Kickstarter result also means we have to look at the distribution strategy, maybe Dirt Track fans in general don't like digital? Maybe it's only finished goods they want on disk? If so, that's going to be really hard to get done.

For others commenting on price, I don't think the price was a barrier, for $69 you got input into the game, a PC copy, a Console copy, and you got your name and likeness actually into the shipped game.

The comments on timeline, well we would have got more for sure if it was longer, however, there were campaigns targeted at males that like Dirt Track and we got more than a million of them viewing the campaign/FB page, they just didn't go the next step.

As Charles has said, we're still developing while we discuss the options open to us going forward, let's hope this game makes sense to some of the larger companies in the Dirt Track community.

Can you comment on the sales of the Lacrosse game? Are they good enough to turn a profit?

RE: Dirt Track Kickstarter Campaign - Ross - 03-21-2016

(03-21-2016, 01:31 PM)DNAngel Wrote: Can you comment on the sales of the Lacrosse game? Are they good enough to turn a profit?

Lacrosse will make a profit - most people playing it are loving it.

RE: Dirt Track Kickstarter Campaign - DNAngel - 03-21-2016

That's good to hear! I'm enjoying the game myself even though I know nothing about Lacrosse.

RE: Dirt Track Kickstarter Campaign - jhack13 - 03-22-2016

(03-12-2016, 08:05 PM)Charles Wrote: Hey guys - obviously the Kickstarter campaign has under-performed from the first day and has never shown the signs of supporting the development of the game. The project is not dead and I really believe in all the hard work that's been done by our partners and supporters so far.

Although making the game directly for the fans was our go-to strategy, we are now pursuing more traditional sources of funding to continue the development of this great new racing title.

I'd like to direct you guys to the dirt track specific site and forum to keep the discussion and plans open for the game, the sign up link is here:

Dirt Track Development

The one thing I really believe in is the direction the game is heading - the collaboration and support of mods and modding groups, real world series tracks and teams, customization at the core of everything. This game needs to happen.

Awesome news, I am looking forward to playing it! Sorry I couldn't chip in any money with the kickstarter guys.