Big Ant Studios
Dirt Track Kickstarter Campaign - Printable Version

+- Big Ant Studios (https://forum.bigant.com)
+-- Forum: Welcome to the Big Ant Forums (https://forum.bigant.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Dirt Track (https://forum.bigant.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Dirt Track Kickstarter Campaign (/showthread.php?tid=4593)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

RE: Dirt Track Kickstarter Campaign - birddawg - 03-12-2016

I think they could raise a boat load more money if they wait until races start in the states, not saying that we will be the huge backers, but I feel dirt racing has a much bigger backing here. Maybe get the groups that are sponsoring to mention it during the series and have them raise money that way. I know for a fact that I could get a thousand dollars for my local track to be added to the game if there was some way to pledge for a track and get it. I think big ant needs to keep working on the game and throw some ideas on the drawing board for funding. If the keep working on game, sooner or later people will come out of the wood work with money. I pledged my 100, and have gotten 4 others to do the same. We just need time and more people with cash for the game.

I just did some math on this game. Lets say Big Ant, or another investor put up 1,500,000 right now to publish this game. Lets say that Big Ant could make the game for this amount, and only this amount. I had the interest rate be 15%, but I don't really know what it would be, or what they company would need on it. Lets say 15% would be the payment that Big Ant or the investor would have to make on said investment. If in year one, 2016, they made 0 dollars and had no sales. Then in year two, they sold 20,000 copies of game at 69 dollars. Then in year 3 they had 10,000 sales of game. Then in year 4 they sold 5,000 because game is getting old at that time because it is 2019. If the previous post is true, and they sold 800,000 copies of previous games, then this should easily happen.

Back to the numbers, lets say in year two they sold the 20,000 copies. It would bring in 1,380,000 in revenue. After taking off the intrest rate for the previous year, you make 1,043,478 and change.

In year 3, 2018, you sell 10,000 copies. You would bring in 690,000 and then with interest on the money, you actually bring in 453,678 and change.

Then in year 4, 2019, you sell just 5,000 at 69 dollars. It would bring in 345,000 in sales and after you take out interest, you bring in 197,455 and change.

That brings the grand total to 1,694,411. That is a big chunk. That is saying that 35,000 copies are sold. The investment made 194,411 in profit. This game could make a ton of money, especially if they make the big boy that has all of the features and has all of the great graphics and everything they are saying could happen. This is a great investment opportunity for any company to look at.

RE: Dirt Track Kickstarter Campaign - PaOhWvD1RT - 03-12-2016

For those that don't have a credit card or dont want to use it. Kickstarter accepts pre-paid, non-reloadable VISA debit cards. You can buy them just about anywhere. Just make sure you add $1.00 to the amount you pledge.

RE: Dirt Track Kickstarter Campaign - DNAngel - 03-12-2016

(03-12-2016, 09:31 AM)PaOhWvD1RT Wrote: For those that don't have a credit card or dont want to use it. Kickstarter accepts pre-paid, non-reloadable VISA debit cards. You can buy them just about anywhere. Just make sure you add $1.00 to the amount you pledge.

Can you use these pre-paid VISA debit cards for most online purchases? Like eBay?

RE: Dirt Track Kickstarter Campaign - Charles - 03-12-2016

Hey guys - obviously the Kickstarter campaign has under-performed from the first day and has never shown the signs of supporting the development of the game. The project is not dead and I really believe in all the hard work that's been done by our partners and supporters so far.

Although making the game directly for the fans was our go-to strategy, we are now pursuing more traditional sources of funding to continue the development of this great new racing title.

I'd like to direct you guys to the dirt track specific site and forum to keep the discussion and plans open for the game, the sign up link is here:

Dirt Track Development

The one thing I really believe in is the direction the game is heading - the collaboration and support of mods and modding groups, real world series tracks and teams, customization at the core of everything. This game needs to happen.

RE: Dirt Track Kickstarter Campaign - sid333 - 03-12-2016

(03-12-2016, 08:05 PM)Charles Wrote: Hey guys - obviously the Kickstarter campaign has under-performed from the first day and has never shown the signs of supporting the development of the game. The project is not dead and I really believe in all the hard work that's been done by our partners and supporters so far.

Although making the game directly for the fans was our go-to strategy, we are now pursuing more traditional sources of funding to continue the development of this great new racing title.

I'd like to direct you guys to the dirt track specific site and forum to keep the discussion and plans open for the game, the sign up link is here:

Dirt Track Development

The one thing I really believe in is the direction the game is heading - the collaboration and support of mods and modding groups, real world series tracks and teams, customization at the core of everything. This game needs to happen.

Hi Charles are you guys still going to use the funds pledged so far from kickstarter as I would still like to be a part of this great game you guys are going to develop thanks

RE: Dirt Track Kickstarter Campaign - Bgaines14 - 03-13-2016

(03-12-2016, 08:42 PM)sid333 Wrote:
(03-12-2016, 08:05 PM)Charles Wrote: Hey guys - obviously the Kickstarter campaign has under-performed from the first day and has never shown the signs of supporting the development of the game. The project is not dead and I really believe in all the hard work that's been done by our partners and supporters so far.

Dirt Track Development

Hi Charles are you guys still going to use the funds pledged so far from kickstarter as I would still like to be a part of this great game you guys are going to develop thanks
Wow. Awesome news!!!! Thank you big ant. I agree keep funding if it helps. I would happily preorder game again.

RE: Dirt Track Kickstarter Campaign - thorpedo66 - 03-13-2016

(03-13-2016, 01:45 AM)Bgaines14 Wrote:
(03-12-2016, 08:42 PM)sid333 Wrote:

Dirt Track Development

Wow. Awesome news!!!! Thank you big ant. I agree keep funding if it helps. I would happily preorder game again.

I'm with these guys. I put my money in expecting it to be used. I just don't think many heard about the kickstarter. Even up to the last days, many where saying they had just heard about it. I'm 33 and 20 yrs of those were spent at my local dirt track. My grandfather, Dad and uncle all raced dirt cars. If there's anything I could do to help I would love to be part of this! Thanks for not just dropping the project.

RE: Dirt Track Kickstarter Campaign - TonyRostMotorsports - 03-13-2016

It's great to see that BigAnt is moving forward with this! I was so excited when this game was first announced and the the potential that it had with all of the customization.

I do have a question, even though the Kickstarter was not successful will there be an opportunity for those of us who pledged enough money to still have our likeness/team in the game? I pledged $200 and would gladly pay that or even a little more to have my sprint car team in the game.

RE: Dirt Track Kickstarter Campaign - Charles - 03-14-2016

(03-13-2016, 04:42 AM)TonyRostMotorsports Wrote: even though the Kickstarter was not successful will there be an opportunity for those of us who pledged enough money to still have our likeness/team in the game?

Thanks guys, yes the game will always have the ability for real world teams and drivers. Kickstarter unfortunately does not allow us to use the funds that were pledged nor get a report of who pledged what because we didn't pass the goal.

We will use the dirttrack community forums to track this when we get to that stage so make sure you transition over to that site.

RE: Dirt Track Kickstarter Campaign - birddawg - 03-14-2016

(03-14-2016, 09:05 AM)Charles Wrote:
(03-13-2016, 04:42 AM)TonyRostMotorsports Wrote: even though the Kickstarter was not successful will there be an opportunity for those of us who pledged enough money to still have our likeness/team in the game?

Thanks guys, yes the game will always have the ability for real world teams and drivers. Kickstarter unfortunately does not allow us to use the funds that were pledged nor get a report of who pledged what because we didn't pass the goal.

We will use the dirttrack community forums to track this when we get to that stage so make sure you transition over to that site.

I just got on the other site, but there is no way really to discuss from what I can tell. So what exactly do we do? Is it more of a place just to see updates on their rather than here?