Big Ant Studios
NRL vs Super League - Printable Version

+- Big Ant Studios (https://forum.bigant.com)
+-- Forum: Welcome to the Big Ant Forums (https://forum.bigant.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Rugby League (https://forum.bigant.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+---- Forum: Rugby League Live 3 (https://forum.bigant.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=22)
+---- Thread: NRL vs Super League (/showthread.php?tid=3483)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

RE: NRL vs Super League - benrhino - 07-16-2015

If we needed to win right now, I'd stick McGuire at 7 long term I'd prefer Tomkins, with Hardaker at fullback, but realistically that is never going to happen.

SOR as a Roosters fan, what is your opinion of Steve McNamara, or do you not really see/hear much of him.

RE: NRL vs Super League - SOR - 07-16-2015

He's the assistant coach for the Roosters so I personally haven't heard a lot about him. From my perspective though I like having an assistant coach who has coached a big professional team like Bradford and also has international experience in coaching England. Trent Robinson has coached a big professional side but never been involved in any representative sides so I think McNamara is a good addition and brings some international experience to the coaching staff.

RE: NRL vs Super League - pure_brad - 07-16-2015

(07-15-2015, 08:18 AM)SOR Wrote: I'd like to see a considerable gap but I do thing the top stars of the Super League should easily slip into the NRL without too many problems.

The gap isn't that huge. Remember earlier in the year for the WCC both the Dragons and Broncos (Who are top 4 teams this year) lost to Super League sides.

Actually all 3 games where won by NRL.

Dragons beat Wolves 18-12
Broncos beat Wigan 14-12
Souths beat St Helens 39-0

RE: NRL vs Super League - THEgamefreak274 - 07-16-2015

(07-15-2015, 09:29 AM)dylz67 Wrote: You look at players that go to s.l and are washed up and shit in nrl (nsw cup prety mch) go to sl and are huge hits over there its crack up. Id back a few nsw to beat a few bottom placed sl teams. And how does soft under 20 like defence make it entertaining lol

And yeah ruck but nrl were still in pre season lol

Because soft defence leads to more tries scored. I've watched a few SL games They've all been entertaining.

(07-16-2015, 10:01 PM)THEgamefreak274 Wrote:
(07-15-2015, 09:29 AM)dylz67 Wrote: You look at players that go to s.l and are washed up and shit in nrl (nsw cup prety mch) go to sl and are huge hits over there its crack up. Id back a few nsw to beat a few bottom placed sl teams. And how does soft under 20 like defence make it entertaining lol

Because soft defence leads to more tries scored. I've watched a few SL games They've all been entertaining.

To an extent yes, but taking more chances with the ball also has an effect, both in chances your team can create, but also in leading to more errors and opportunities for the opposition to score.

RE: NRL vs Super League - Dann_K - 07-16-2015

Widdop really should be a shoe-in for the national team. I really don't understand how he is so often overlooked.

If you picked the England team off form for this years Autumn series then the halfbacks would have to be Widdop and McGuire.

(07-16-2015, 11:04 PM)roostersule2 Wrote: What about Richie Myler? Heard good things about him.

Myler has struggled this year without a great organiser next to him, he could go well with Widdop but he shouldn't get in on the form he's had this year imo.

He's always had a lot of pressure on him at Warrington which I don't think helped. Wouldn't be surprised if he got back to his best at Catalan next year and we were talking about him for an England shirt.

RE: NRL vs Super League - Kingcutty - 07-17-2015

Entertaing it me be but I'd prefer a tight contest. Watch me warriors if you wanna see some razzle dazzle

RE: NRL vs Super League - RhysC97 - 07-18-2015

(07-17-2015, 08:49 AM)Kingcutty Wrote:

Entertaing it me be but I'd prefer a tight contest. Watch me warriors if you wanna see some razzle dazzle

New Zealand Warriors are my favorite NRL team. Play a style of rugby that is unique and VERY entertaining.

RE: NRL vs Super League - SOR - 07-18-2015

Being a Roosters fan I like teams that are strong defensively. One of the best matches in recent history was Manly Sea Eagles Vs Sydney Roosters in the 2013 finals series. Roosters won 4-0 but I watched that one and remember cringing every single time Manly got close.

You can't have that in a game where the scores are something like 52-30. That's why I struggle to watch the Raiders. Good attacking team but don't care about defense.