Big Ant Studios
State Of Origin 3 Discussion - Printable Version

+- Big Ant Studios (https://forum.bigant.com)
+-- Forum: Welcome to the Big Ant Forums (https://forum.bigant.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Rugby League (https://forum.bigant.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+---- Forum: Rugby League Live 3 (https://forum.bigant.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=22)
+---- Thread: State Of Origin 3 Discussion (/showthread.php?tid=3397)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35

RE: State Of Origin 3 Discussion - stdragons - 07-05-2015

So what if he's promoting his book and telling his story for profit? He has earned that right. Don't most people do that to promote a movie or book?

Ask Taniela Tuiaki if the game supported him after his career ending injury.

And when did McKinnon solely blame Smith for the injury. Alex, like me, expected better from the Australian captain.

Also if you read my whole original post I did say if cam Smith had his time over again I'm sure he wouldn't say what he said. At the end of the day smiths career has not been hindered. As a matter of fact it has gone from strength to strength. Unfortunately, I cannot say the same about Alex.

RE: State Of Origin 3 Discussion - HomerHatesYou - 07-05-2015

I bet with his interview there will only be one or two sentences about Smith and that will be it. The media would of jumped all over it and made it a way bigger deal then it is

RE: State Of Origin 3 Discussion - SOR - 07-05-2015

You completely dodged my point man and are selectively reading things to make McKinnon look like a good guy.

1. He's allowed to promote his book and tell his story for profit. What about the way he is promoting it? He's not a big enough name by himself so he's dragging Cameron Smith through the mud to promote it and effecting Smith's mental health and possibly even the mental health of his family members. Is that fair to you? Is it fair to come out a year after the incident and start blaming Cameron Smith and putting him down, making him feel guilty etc etc just to sell a book? It's GREAT marketing don't get me wrong but you have to question the morale compass on a guy who is okay with doing that.

2. I Googled Tuiaki (Another thing SOR didn't know) and he injured his ankle. He's probably able to work outside of NRL and contribute to society. McKinnon unfortunately isn't able to work outside of the NRL and the NRL know that. Instead of leading him to a life of being on a disability pension and struggling to make ends meet (Like most in McKinnons situation) he has instead been given an opportunity to work doing something he loves and has been given a million dollar head start.

3. Smith was likely in the heat of the moment and you're correct his career hasn't been hindered but when you've got a guy in a wheel chair basically saying "I used to respect Cameron but I don't anymore. He didn't even try to contact me" it would effect most people. McKinnon is effecting the mental health of an individual to sell some books. I can't respect that or get behind it, I'm sorry if that upsets you but I can't.

RE: State Of Origin 3 Discussion - Yuna - 07-05-2015

(07-05-2015, 07:44 PM)HomerHatesYou Wrote: I bet with his interview there will only be one or two sentences about Smith and that will be it. The media would of jumped all over it and made it a way bigger deal then it is

No, it just means channel 9 were to pussy to show it and had to edit it out

(07-05-2015, 07:44 PM)HomerHatesYou Wrote: I bet with his interview there will only be one or two sentences about Smith and that will be it. The media would of jumped all over it and made it a way bigger deal then it is

Of course. Fact remains a publicist would have said "Say something about Cameron, it'll make the news and they'll all be advertising your book" and McKinnon would have made it a point to say something about Smith simply for book publicity.

Oh poor cam Smith. His mental health is being attacked. Are you for real?!?!?! Instead of arguing with me just tweet Alex and tell him and the world how he should promote his book and what he is saying is wrong.

Just let sleeping dogs lie dude. You wouldn't know what your mental psyche would be if you were in his situation.

RE: State Of Origin 3 Discussion - Ross - 07-05-2015

(07-05-2015, 06:19 PM)BRAB Wrote: Yeah I'm sorry but **** that.

Life is short, and if you've got the chance to get ahead in life, morals be damned I say. I'd sue the NRL, I'd sue anybody for a dollar.

Being the better man doesn't get food on the table.

I sure do like people that say it like they see it! Smile

I can't be sure, and perhaps it's only time that will tell, but in this case there could be more money in the longer term by not going to the courts and instead having a long term relationship with the game. To date they seem to be doing the right thing by him.

(07-05-2015, 08:17 PM)stdragons Wrote: Oh poor cam Smith. His mental health is being attacked. Are you for real?!?!?! Instead of arguing with me just tweet Alex and tell him and the world how he should promote his book and what he is saying is wrong.

Just let sleeping dogs lie dude. You wouldn't know what your mental psyche would be if you were in his situation.

You seem to be unable to admit that Alex McKinnon has done something wrong so it's hard to have a discussion with you. I'm definitely not tweeting Alex because I don't have an interest in really creating dialogue with him. I'm just giving an opinion on a message board about his marketing tactics which I find wrong. You're okay with them, that's cool.

I know how I'd feel if I were a Rugby League player and had been involved in a tackle that had indirectly paralyzed someone. It would be something that stuck with me for a long time and probably something that I'd need to go and talk to a close friend or a professional to come to terms with.

After a year I'd probably be starting to come to terms with it and then bam there is that player saying he has no respect for me and that I never tried to do anything for him and that he dislikes me. I'd be hurt, all the guilt would come rushing back and I'd probably be angry when I realized that I was only having my name dragged through the mud to sell a book despite me participating in matches to help raise money and playing in his number to pay tribute to him.

I don't know if Cameron Smith has the same thought process but I imagine he probably feels the same way as most people would. It's definitely not a nice thing to have said about you but everyone is going to overlook the fact that McKinnon is being unkind because of his situation.

His marketing tactics? He was asked a question and answered it honestly. I didn't know he controls David Gyngel like a puppet and told him to air the interview today when this interview was conducted almost 2 months ago.

Let's get on with it buddy.

(07-05-2015, 09:37 PM)stdragons Wrote: His marketing tactics? He was asked a question and answered it honestly. I didn't know he controls David Gyngel like a puppet and told him to air the interview today when this interview was conducted almost 2 months ago.

Let's get on with it buddy.

Er...you know that publicists generally can dictate what the interviewer does and doesn't ask right?

The publicist also can easily say "We want it aired during the time period of X to X or we're not doing it". It's not all as simple as getting McKinnon in a room and just asking him questions and it all being a huge coincidence.

You don't seem to want to admit any wrongdoing by Alex and this conversation is going nowhere so I'm happy to get on with the Origin discussion.

---

Robbie Farah. Will he play? Media saying yes.