Big Ant Studios
State Of Origin 3 Discussion - Printable Version

+- Big Ant Studios (https://forum.bigant.com)
+-- Forum: Welcome to the Big Ant Forums (https://forum.bigant.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Rugby League (https://forum.bigant.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+---- Forum: Rugby League Live 3 (https://forum.bigant.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=22)
+---- Thread: State Of Origin 3 Discussion (/showthread.php?tid=3397)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35

RE: State Of Origin 3 Discussion - Yuna - 07-05-2015

And Smith does looked concerned from the video on this article

http://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/melbourne-storm-statement-on-alex-mckinnon/story-fndv325j-1227429136441

Also at the end NSW players are shaking McKinnons hand thanking him for publicly slamming Smith Big Grin

The plot thickens!!!

RE: State Of Origin 3 Discussion - BRAB - 07-05-2015

(07-05-2015, 04:37 PM)SOR Wrote:
(07-05-2015, 03:36 PM)stdragons Wrote: Everyone needs to remember we are not in Alex's situation. He has family to take care of for the rest of his life and if suing the game and the storm is the way to do it then so be it. Think about what you would do if you were injured like that at work...

I'm sorry but no, it really isn't. Perhaps if the NRL left him out to dry and just did nothing for him then I'd feel better about it.

The NRL held a round where all tickets would go to McKinnon. An edition of the NRL Footy Show was a pledge for McKinnon where the NRL community raised something like half a million dollars for him. They auctioned jerseys off to give money to McKinnon, bucket donations around the stadium etc were all set up by the NRL and thanks to them they raised well over a million dollars to help him. Meanwhile the Newcastle Knights offered him a job within their club and also offered to pay out the rest of his NRL playing contract despite the fact McKinnon won't play again.

On top of that "Rise For Alex" is/was on the back of every Knights jersey this year and the NRL offered to dedicate a round each year to giving McKinnon money. The NRL and the individual teams have been nothing but loyal, respectful and kind to this guy and the fact he even considered suing them after all of that just doesn't sit right with me.

A Current Affair aren't going to give you the whole story either. A Current Affair is so left wing that it makes me feel ill sometimes. This whole story will be getting a bunch of sympathy on Alex (Which he does deserve) and then getting everyone angry at Cameron Smith. McClean will likely be mentioned in passing because McKinnon being angry at McClean isn't as big of a story as McKinnon being angry at one of the best players in the game. This will then result in bogans who know nothing abusing Cameron Smith for breaking McKinnons neck or people who don't watch the game thinking Smith is a thug.

The whole thing doesn't sit right with me and the fact McKinnon has to do this to sell a book doesn't do anything for me either. I won't be purchasing the book and I will not be giving A Current Affair my ratings tonight.

A current affair is as far from left wing as it gets mate.

Entire show is aimed at the liberal voting middle class bogans who care about "dodgy Lebanese Tradies" and "Dole Bludgers stealing your kids jobs".

Q&A would be closer to the mould of a lefty show.

RE: State Of Origin 3 Discussion - stdragons - 07-05-2015

SOR - Just relax buddy. The money won't come out of your pocket if Alex sues the game and wins.

Sounds like you know exactly what you would do in his situation. Are you bound to a wheelchair potentially for the rest of your life not being able to create a family? How is a temporary job and book profits gonna help in the long term? Better yet just don't answer the questions because I cannot stand arguing with someone who thinks they know everything but does not know simple things eg not knowing about Greg Bird glassing his girlfriend which lead to his sacking at Cronulla. But please, continue praising the great man and rubbish a paralysed persons acts of trying to salvage a future. You obviously know how much it costs to make a house wheelchair friendly, the cost of medical bills and the emotional stress that will be dealt to him for the rest of his life so why am I commenting. The great SOR knows all and should not be questioned.

RE: State Of Origin 3 Discussion - Yuna - 07-05-2015

(07-05-2015, 05:27 PM)stdragons Wrote: SOR - Just relax buddy. The money won't come out of your pocket if Alex sues the game and wins.

Sounds like you know exactly what you would do in his situation. Are you bound to a wheelchair potentially for the rest of your life not being able to create a family? How is a temporary job and book profits gonna help in the long term?

Its not a temp job tho, its a job for life which alot of people don't even have yet.

Also, he's not the sole income earner in the family, his fiance works too ya know Smile

Sorry Yuna but no one is guaranteed a job for life regardless of circumstances and I am aware there is a second income but anyone who can say ' I wouldnt sue the game if I was him' has NFI.

RE: State Of Origin 3 Discussion - SOR - 07-05-2015

(07-05-2015, 05:23 PM)BRAB Wrote:
(07-05-2015, 04:37 PM)SOR Wrote:
(07-05-2015, 03:36 PM)stdragons Wrote: Everyone needs to remember we are not in Alex's situation. He has family to take care of for the rest of his life and if suing the game and the storm is the way to do it then so be it. Think about what you would do if you were injured like that at work...

I'm sorry but no, it really isn't. Perhaps if the NRL left him out to dry and just did nothing for him then I'd feel better about it.

The NRL held a round where all tickets would go to McKinnon. An edition of the NRL Footy Show was a pledge for McKinnon where the NRL community raised something like half a million dollars for him. They auctioned jerseys off to give money to McKinnon, bucket donations around the stadium etc were all set up by the NRL and thanks to them they raised well over a million dollars to help him. Meanwhile the Newcastle Knights offered him a job within their club and also offered to pay out the rest of his NRL playing contract despite the fact McKinnon won't play again.

On top of that "Rise For Alex" is/was on the back of every Knights jersey this year and the NRL offered to dedicate a round each year to giving McKinnon money. The NRL and the individual teams have been nothing but loyal, respectful and kind to this guy and the fact he even considered suing them after all of that just doesn't sit right with me.

A Current Affair aren't going to give you the whole story either. A Current Affair is so left wing that it makes me feel ill sometimes. This whole story will be getting a bunch of sympathy on Alex (Which he does deserve) and then getting everyone angry at Cameron Smith. McClean will likely be mentioned in passing because McKinnon being angry at McClean isn't as big of a story as McKinnon being angry at one of the best players in the game. This will then result in bogans who know nothing abusing Cameron Smith for breaking McKinnons neck or people who don't watch the game thinking Smith is a thug.

The whole thing doesn't sit right with me and the fact McKinnon has to do this to sell a book doesn't do anything for me either. I won't be purchasing the book and I will not be giving A Current Affair my ratings tonight.

A current affair is as far from left wing as it gets mate.

Entire show is aimed at the liberal voting middle class bogans who care about "dodgy Lebanese Tradies" and "Dole Bludgers stealing your kids jobs".

Q&A would be closer to the mould of a lefty show.

Admittedly I don't watch much but when I do it's always stories about Centrelink not being high enough for the old people or groceries being too high.

Regardless, I don't like A Current Affair that much at all.

RE: State Of Origin 3 Discussion - BRAB - 07-05-2015

Yeah I'm sorry but **** that.

Life is short, and if you've got the chance to get ahead in life, morals be damned I say. I'd sue the NRL, I'd sue anybody for a dollar.

Being the better man doesn't get food on the table.

(07-05-2015, 05:27 PM)stdragons Wrote: SOR - Just relax buddy. The money won't come out of your pocket if Alex sues the game and wins.

Sounds like you know exactly what you would do in his situation. Are you bound to a wheelchair potentially for the rest of your life not being able to create a family? How is a temporary job and book profits gonna help in the long term? Better yet just don't answer the questions because I cannot stand arguing with someone who thinks they know everything but does not know simple things eg not knowing about Greg Bird glassing his girlfriend which lead to his sacking at Cronulla. But please, continue praising the great man and rubbish a paralysed persons acts of trying to salvage a future. You obviously know how much it costs to make a house wheelchair friendly, the cost of medical bills and the emotional stress that will be dealt to him for the rest of his life so why am I commenting. The great SOR knows all and should not be questioned.

1. It's not a temporary job. As long as the Newcastle Knights exist he'll have a job for life and if something happened to the Knights I'm sure the NRL would step in and give McKinnon a permanent job. If McKinnon feels it's unlikely that he will indeed have the job for life then perhaps he should make some wise investments to ensure he has a future instead of suing the only major organization that helped him financially.

2. I don't know why you're bringing up the Greg Bird incident from 7 years ago and I've never really praised Bird that much. I like what he brings to the Blues and think he's a solid representative player but again, I don't know what that has to do with Alex McKinnon at all.

3. I never rubbished McKinnon. I gave an opinion and feel it's wrong that he's accusing Cameron Smith and plans/planned to sue the NRL. You disagree with me and that's absolutely fine I know I don't have the majority opinion on it. You (Or anyone else) do not have to agree with my opinion but I should definitely have the right to state it without being attacked.

1. No job is permanent.

2. There is another thread on this forum where people had to tell you about the Bird incident after you were praising him. It has nothing to do with the McKinnon incident, I'm pointing out that you don't know everything you claim to know.

3. I never claimed you rubbished McKinoon I said you rubbished his decision to maybe sue the NRL and the storm.

1. Again, maybe McKinnon has to be smart with the money he does get and make wise investments like the rest of us who don't have permanent job security. I'm confident the NRL will look after him for the rest of his life though but if they don't he should definitely have a plan in place. I'm sure everyone here who is working full time has some kind of plan for if they were fired tomorrow. He should as well.

2. I don't think I'd ever have praised Bird personally because I don't know the man. The fact he glassed his girlfriend almost 10 years ago when I was in my mid teens shouldn't really be used against me in a discussion about Alex McKinnon.

3. I did and I have that right. If he wanted to sue the NRL and felt so strongly about it he probably shouldn't have accepted the million dollars and all the aid they gave him in the first place. Better yet, give all the money back that he got from the NRL and then sue but don't take a million dollar pay out and then say "It's not good enough. I'm suing".

---

Let me ask this question to you. Why are we ignoring McKinnons cheap publicity tactics? Isn't it a little coincidental that McKinnons book is coming out July 22nd and a big news story is out where he's slamming one of the biggest players in the game before the biggest match on the calendar? If McKinnon is such a good guy who just wants to provide for his family why would he go for such cheap promotional tactics?

And lets not ignore the effect on Cameron Smith. I tend to believe that Cameron probably wanted to go and see McKinnon and apologize for the incident or just be there to visit. What kind of effect does it have on Cameron Smith that Alex McKinnon is putting him down and saying bad things about him to all of Australia? I know that'd have an effect on my mental health. Smith is now being blamed for this and has to go through that guilt all over again because Alex McKinnon has a book to sell. This is coming from a guy who absolutely dislikes Smith and thinks he's a grubby player but to lay all that guilt on a guy who wasn't even THAT involved (McClean was moreso) just to sell a book is just disgusting to me.

Horrible thing that happened to McKinnon and as I said above I wish it on nobody but lets not pretend McKinnon is just this lovely guy who wants to provide for his family and loves everyone when he's dragging peoples names through the mud and trying to sue the only organization that cared.