Big Ant Studios
State Of Origin 3 Discussion - Printable Version

+- Big Ant Studios (https://forum.bigant.com)
+-- Forum: Welcome to the Big Ant Forums (https://forum.bigant.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Rugby League (https://forum.bigant.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+---- Forum: Rugby League Live 3 (https://forum.bigant.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=22)
+---- Thread: State Of Origin 3 Discussion (/showthread.php?tid=3397)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35

RE: State Of Origin 3 Discussion - HomerHatesYou - 07-05-2015

(07-05-2015, 02:37 PM)Yuna Wrote:
(07-05-2015, 02:32 PM)HomerHatesYou Wrote: I think people should read the wide world of sports article of Melbourne Defend Cameron Smith. I would post a link but I have no idea how. Smith wanted to go see him in hospital but was refused.

You mean this? https://www.melbournestorm.com.au/content/storm/club/news/2015/07/05/melbourne_storm_medi.html

I posted this a few pages back

And it looks like tonights 60mins will be truly one sided

Yeah that's pretty much in the article I read. Sorry I didn't see you post it and if I did, I didn't read it. Really makes the McKinnon interview seem more inappropriate considering all that Smith has done

RE: State Of Origin 3 Discussion - Yuna - 07-05-2015

(07-05-2015, 02:43 PM)HomerHatesYou Wrote: Yeah that's pretty much in the article I read. Sorry I didn't see you post it and if I did, I didn't read it. Really makes the McKinnon interview seem more inappropriate considering all that Smith has done

yeh and it seems freakin suss how they decided to show it 3 nights before the big game.

Yeah throw in the whole respect thing with Corey Parker after NSW were crying about no respect after game 1. I think the the blues are afraid of what might be coming their way on Wednesday and are trying to throw Queensland of their game. If your trying to rattle a players confidence wouldn't you target someone other then Cam Smith. Cause it ain't going to effect Smith one bit

(07-05-2015, 02:59 PM)HomerHatesYou Wrote: Yeah throw in the whole respect thing with Corey Parker after NSW were crying about no respect after game 1. I think the the blues are afraid of what might be coming their way on Wednesday and are trying to throw Queensland of their game. If your trying to rattle a players confidence wouldn't you target someone other then Cam Smith. Cause it ain't going to effect Smith one bit

Cam Smith is a great target imo, if you bring down the captain then you bring down the whole team.

Anyway, it'll be an interesting watch tonight come 8:30

(07-05-2015, 03:01 PM)Yuna Wrote: Cam Smith is a great target imo, if you bring down the captain then you bring down the whole team.

Anyway, it'll be an interesting watch tonight come 8:30

True. If they can get to Smith it would make beating QLD a lot easier for them. But I don't think he will be effected at all tho. It didn't effect him last year, I doubt it would effect him this year

RE: State Of Origin 3 Discussion - stdragons - 07-05-2015

The timing to broadcast the interview is extremely suss however, when the Australian captain tells a referee that McKinnon ended up like that because of his own doing while he is laying on the ground motionless is disgusting. I expected better from him. He should of stayed quiet and gotten on with the game but all he was worried about was the consequence the tackle would have on him and his team via a penalty. He would of been able to hear the trainers from both teams speak to Alex and amongst themselves about how he could not feel his legs so he should of acted accordingly. I am sure Smith regrets what was said at the time and if he would take it back he would. Everyone needs to remember we are not in Alex's situation. He has family to take care of for the rest of his life and if suing the game and the storm is the way to do it then so be it. Think about what you would do if you were injured like that at work...
P.S anyone who says it's because McKinnon ducked his head I encourage you to run at 3 100kg plus footy players who are about to dump you on your head and show us how it's done.

RE: State Of Origin 3 Discussion - Whitey - 07-05-2015

(07-05-2015, 02:50 PM)Yuna Wrote:
(07-05-2015, 02:43 PM)HomerHatesYou Wrote: Yeah that's pretty much in the article I read. Sorry I didn't see you post it and if I did, I didn't read it. Really makes the McKinnon interview seem more inappropriate considering all that Smith has done

yeh and it seems freakin suss how they decided to show it 3 nights before the big game.

Is it really that suss? If I were the producer of 60 Minutes, I would definitely push to air it during State of Origin; a time when everyone is talking about Rugby League (more viewers). Isn't that obvious?

I don't believe they are airing it at this time as part of a strategy to crumble QLD...

I'm from NSW, and I personally hope that Cam Smith isn't negatively targeted in the segment. It's bad for Alex's situation. It's bad for Cam Smith. It's bad for the NRL.

(07-05-2015, 03:40 PM)Whitey Wrote: I'm from NSW, and I personally hope that Cam Smith isn't negatively targeted in the segment. It's bad for Alex's situation. It's bad for Cam Smith. It's bad for the NRL.

McKinnon has already taken aim at Smith

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-07-05/cameron-smith-under-fire-over-mckinnon-tackle-comments/6595914

Yeah not to mention he's been in camp with the blues

RE: State Of Origin 3 Discussion - FissionMailed - 07-05-2015

I'de like to know if Mckinnon has gone on the record saying that he had a part in making the tackle severely worse than it would have been? I know it's terrible and all but I can see this getting ridiculous after 60 minutes airs tonight.