Big Ant Studios
Mailing List - Printable Version

+- Big Ant Studios (https://forum.bigant.com)
+-- Forum: Welcome to the Big Ant Forums (https://forum.bigant.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Rugby League (https://forum.bigant.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+---- Forum: Rugby League Live 3 (https://forum.bigant.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=22)
+---- Thread: Mailing List (/showthread.php?tid=3392)

Pages: 1 2

Mailing List - Dave7 - 06-29-2015

Hey Ross,

Just a suggestion but could you guys not set up a mailing list and send us all an e-mail monthly/regularly with what you guys are up to. For people like myself who don't get chance to come on the forums as much it would be a great way to find out release dates etc. I know the PR side of thing is down to Tru Blu but I'm sure once the have released the info you are then ok to share it? Also I'm sure I'm not alone in being interested in other games you guys are working on. I know e-mails are probably old hat now with Facebook/Twitter/Forums but for technological dinosaurs like myself it would be useful.

RE: Mailing List - HOBBSTAR - 06-29-2015

Go to TruBlu website and contact Hes_Keith's email

RE: Mailing List - Ross - 06-29-2015

(06-29-2015, 06:17 AM)Dave7 Wrote: Hey Ross,

Just a suggestion but could you guys not set up a mailing list and send us all an e-mail monthly/regularly with what you guys are up to. For people like myself who don't get chance to come on the forums as much it would be a great way to find out release dates etc. I know the PR side of thing is down to Tru Blu but I'm sure once the have released the info you are then ok to share it? Also I'm sure I'm not alone in being interested in other games you guys are working on. I know e-mails are probably old hat now with Facebook/Twitter/Forums but for technological dinosaurs like myself it would be useful.

We did have that in the past but it became unwieldy in terms of management of the list - now with tools like mailchimp we probably should look at it again.

RE: Mailing List - Dave7 - 06-29-2015

(06-29-2015, 07:36 AM)HOBBSTAR Wrote: Go to TruBlu website and contact Hes_Keith's email

I won't be doing that.

(06-29-2015, 08:38 AM)Ross Wrote:
(06-29-2015, 06:17 AM)Dave7 Wrote: Hey Ross,

We did have that in the past but it became unwieldy in terms of management of the list - now with tools like mailchimp we probably should look at it again.

Thanks for the response Ross, I think it would be a worthwhile exercise. I signed up to the Yooka Laylee mailing lost and it's actually an email I enjoy reading over a cup of tea instead of cursing yet another spam email. I would think the same about Big Ant emails and I'm sure I'm not the only one

RE: Mailing List - theaxe1606 - 06-29-2015

And of course given Ross doesn't just work on games it could contain a number of different subjects including industry news in general.

RE: Mailing List - Ross - 06-29-2015

Good idea Axe, I travel to shows etc. probably every other month (or more) so I'm sure I could include something like that.

RE: Mailing List - Dann_K - 06-29-2015

Tell everyone you'll only announce the RLL3 release date via the mailing list, you're guaranteed about 1000 subscribers straight away Big Grin

RE: Mailing List - Dave7 - 06-29-2015

(06-29-2015, 09:22 AM)Ross Wrote: Good idea Axe, I travel to shows etc. probably every other month (or more) so I'm sure I could include something like that.

That would be really interesting too Ross, it would be a very unique insight into some of the big stories/events in the gaming industry.

RE: Mailing List - Ruck - 06-29-2015

Maybe it's the lack of sleep talking, but I'm thinking Ross' Big Ant Blog.

It could include Postcards from the Boss (including travel information, restaurant and hotel reviews from Ross' many work related travels), Cooking Tips and Recipes, Movie Reviews...

Yep.. it's definitely the lack of sleep. Smile Big Ant and Industry news would be more than enough.

RE: Mailing List - HOBBSTAR - 06-29-2015

Ruck's name is highlighted purple for some reason?