Big Ant Studios
AFL Live 3 Twitter leak: Wicked Witch are the developers - Printable Version

+- Big Ant Studios (https://forum.bigant.com)
+-- Forum: Welcome to the Big Ant Forums (https://forum.bigant.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Australian Football (https://forum.bigant.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: AFL Live 3 Twitter leak: Wicked Witch are the developers (/showthread.php?tid=3368)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

AFL Live 3 Twitter leak: Wicked Witch are the developers - AFL - 06-19-2015

So it seems AFL Live 3 is a go ahead as with a unofficial announcement strangely enough from an AFL goal umpire on Twitter. As you can see that's Wicked Witch's lead programmer in the background of the photo. No disrespect to the guys, but I'm quite disappointed as I didn't like much about AFL Live 2 (was just like those terrible PS2 Football games) and it looks like I'll be continuing on with AFL Live 1 if Tru Blu can't come to their senses.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CHnUNEKUkAAxCHw.jpg:large

"Chris Appleton ‏@Apples_27 Jun 16 Melbourne, Victoria
Can't wait for #AFLLive3 starring @belikemike12. I'm not bitter at all I didnt get a gig @ThomasGMcCoy #missedchance"

RE: AFL Live 3 Twitter leak: Wicked Witch are the developers - Ross - 06-19-2015

I don't think it surprises anyone as they just did the iOS game.

RE: AFL Live 3 Twitter leak: Wicked Witch are the developers - AFL - 06-19-2015

(06-19-2015, 10:25 PM)Ross Wrote: I don't think it surprises anyone as they just did the iOS game.

No, not at all. I'm more surprised how quick its coming after their iOS game release. I thought that would tide it over for at least another year.

RE: AFL Live 3 Twitter leak: Wicked Witch are the developers - Ross - 06-19-2015

Historically their AFL game has been a port so there shouldn't be a need for a delay.

RE: AFL Live 3 Twitter leak: Wicked Witch are the developers - Ruck - 06-19-2015

Guess I'll have to hold out for Big Ant's AFL Live 4 then. Sad

RE: AFL Live 3 Twitter leak: Wicked Witch are the developers - AFL - 06-19-2015

(06-19-2015, 10:47 PM)Ruck Wrote: Guess I'll have to hold out for Big Ant's AFL Live 4 then. Sad

I doubt that to be honest. How bout a rival game just like when Don Bradman Cricket 14 "was up against" Ashes 13. Ted Whitten Aussie rules Football 16. Wink With customized teams, competitions, players, stadiums, first person view and be a pro mode. With the ability to share them cross all platforms. God, what a dreamer I am.

RE: AFL Live 3 Twitter leak: Wicked Witch are the developers - the_one_1 - 06-22-2015

(06-19-2015, 10:55 PM)AFL Wrote:
(06-19-2015, 10:47 PM)Ruck Wrote: Guess I'll have to hold out for Big Ant's AFL Live 4 then. Sad

I doubt that to be honest. How bout a rival game just like when Don Bradman Cricket 14 "was up against" Ashes 13. Ted Whitten Aussie rules Football 16. Wink With customized teams, competitions, players, stadiums, first person view and be a pro mode. With the ability to share them cross all platforms. God, what a dreamer I am.

I don't think that will be likely to happen. Wicked Witch and Big Ant are both companies that are within Australia, so they won't create a rival game against another Australian company only international companies.

RE: AFL Live 3 Twitter leak: Wicked Witch are the developers - Ruck - 06-23-2015

While what AFL said would work, it doesn't work while Tru Blu are holding the licensing for the AFL. If they were to give it up I could see Big Ant going it themselves, but I can't see them clashing with Tru Blu / HES as much as they'd make the game better. Sad

RE: AFL Live 3 Twitter leak: Wicked Witch are the developers - AFL - 06-23-2015

(06-23-2015, 10:35 AM)Ruck Wrote: While what AFL said would work, it doesn't work while Tru Blu are holding the licensing for the AFL. If they were to give it up I could see Big Ant going it themselves, but I can't see them clashing with Tru Blu / HES as much as they'd make the game better. Sad

I was thinking more unlicensed, forgetting about licensing just like with Don Bradman Cricket. And in that in mind, just license one legend of the game. Have it exactly set up the same way as Don Bradman Cricket with it being about customization. I could see this possibly happen if Big Ant got more into their own publishing, and even doing a crowd fund if its just too much money similar to The Lacrosse 15 one.

(06-22-2015, 11:15 AM)the_one_1 Wrote:
(06-19-2015, 10:55 PM)AFL Wrote:

I don't think that will be likely to happen. Wicked Witch and Big Ant are both companies that are within Australia, so they won't create a rival game against another Australian company only international companies.

I'm pretty sure Ashes 13 and Don Bradman Cricket 14 were both competing Cricket games both developed in Australia, at the same time.

RE: AFL Live 3 Twitter leak: Wicked Witch are the developers - Ruck - 06-23-2015

I know what you mean and would fully support an unlicensed version, but that would be stepping on Tru Blu's toes IMO. Hopefully Big Ant will get another shot... and you never know, AFL Live 3 might have some surprises.... Smile