Big Ant Studios
New Teaser Screenshots Friday and Saturday!!! - Printable Version

+- Big Ant Studios (https://forum.bigant.com)
+-- Forum: Welcome to the Big Ant Forums (https://forum.bigant.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Rugby League (https://forum.bigant.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+---- Forum: Rugby League Live 3 (https://forum.bigant.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=22)
+---- Thread: New Teaser Screenshots Friday and Saturday!!! (/showthread.php?tid=3259)

RE: New Teaser Screenshots Friday and Saturday!!! - Donto1910 - 05-16-2015

(05-16-2015, 09:25 PM)Steeler Wrote: I've never watched the Nines (only got Foxtel a few rounds into this season) but there are Dragons players in the screenshots with two-digit position numbers on their jerseys. Would that happen in the Nines?

Besides, if it were Nines, they'd be wearing special jersey designs.

Jersey numbers in the Nines aren't just from 1-9. They wear any number really. Good point with the special jerseys though. That is one thing I didn't think of.

RE: New Teaser Screenshots Friday and Saturday!!! - Yuna - 05-16-2015

So it looks like BigAnt has added the nines mode but forgot to add their jerseys in. Cos you can't explain the missing 4 players from each side unless they're bunched in the corner together. If that's the case then thats a new problem altogether lol.

RE: New Teaser Screenshots Friday and Saturday!!! - SOR - 05-16-2015

I just want opinions here but what would be the benefits of actually having the Nines in the game?

I understand it's an added feature which is cool and that it could add a little challenge to the Franchise mode pre season but in terms of game play I see a host of problems if RLL3 is anything like RLL2 is.

Auckland Nines involves a lot of long balls out to wingers in hopes of running around opposing backs. I can imagine the intercepts now...

RE: New Teaser Screenshots Friday and Saturday!!! - BRAB - 05-16-2015

Yeah, nines seems gimmicky to me. Why bother really, especially if you pull resources from other things.

That being said, if they had it, surely Tru Blu would advertise it? Something else to put on the back of the box

(05-16-2015, 09:40 PM)SOR Wrote: I just want opinions here but what would be the benefits of actually having the Nines in the game?

Just like in real life, it promotes and encourage a more expansive game of rugby.

So its more like a fun mode in the game to me.

RE: New Teaser Screenshots Friday and Saturday!!! - theaxe1606 - 05-16-2015

I've got another buster for the 9s myth.

If these shots are from the same game then when the Dragons have the ball and the hud says 9:30 and 2nd they're running the same direction as the shot when it says 1:59 and 1st.

In conclusion (unless these are from 2 different games) the 2nd and 1st is the tackle count and both shots are from the first half as the teams haven't changed ends.

RE: New Teaser Screenshots Friday and Saturday!!! - Donto1910 - 05-16-2015

(05-16-2015, 09:40 PM)SOR Wrote: I just want opinions here but what would be the benefits of actually having the Nines in the game?

I understand it's an added feature which is cool and that it could add a little challenge to the Franchise mode pre season but in terms of game play I see a host of problems if RLL3 is anything like RLL2 is.

Auckland Nines involves a lot of long balls out to wingers in hopes of running around opposing backs. I can imagine the intercepts now...

Guess it'd be a fun mode to play when the same old 13 v 13 is getting a little boring. Would love Nines in it but if it isn't in the game then it won't stop me from buying. Still plenty of other modes (Exhibition, Career, Be a Pro etc) to keep me playing for a long time. Would be good if it was in though.

(05-16-2015, 09:43 PM)theaxe1606 Wrote: count and both shots are from the first half as the teams haven't changed ends.

Correct, we already mentioned that a few threads ago. 1st and 2nd means tackle count, not the game half.

RE: New Teaser Screenshots Friday and Saturday!!! - MUGGZ - 05-16-2015

(05-16-2015, 09:02 PM)Yuna Wrote:
(05-16-2015, 08:59 PM)MUGGZ Wrote: Also on the whole nines speculation thing, has anyone noticed the time in the 1st shot? 2nd half 9:30, that time would only be in the 9s. a full match would be 49:30

Thats tackle count mate :p

of course, that would make more sense

RE: New Teaser Screenshots Friday and Saturday!!! - Steeler - 05-16-2015

(05-16-2015, 09:31 PM)SOR Wrote: Steeler we're from the same city so I appreciate you but I think you'd even admit that Wollongong is filled with Bulldogs and Souffs fans.

I wouldn't think that the Bulldogs are particularly over-represented in the Illawarra. Souths fans are ubiquitous everywhere. Kind of like vermin.