Big Ant Studios
New Teaser Screenshots Friday and Saturday!!! - Printable Version

+- Big Ant Studios (https://forum.bigant.com)
+-- Forum: Welcome to the Big Ant Forums (https://forum.bigant.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Rugby League (https://forum.bigant.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+---- Forum: Rugby League Live 3 (https://forum.bigant.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=22)
+---- Thread: New Teaser Screenshots Friday and Saturday!!! (/showthread.php?tid=3259)

RE: New Teaser Screenshots Friday and Saturday!!! - Donto1910 - 05-16-2015

Seriously though, while the graphics aren't amazing, I'd rather good gameplay over a perfect looking game with crap gameplay.

RE: New Teaser Screenshots Friday and Saturday!!! - Matt BnW - 05-16-2015

Nines are in the game - take my word for it Wink

RE: New Teaser Screenshots Friday and Saturday!!! - FissionMailed - 05-16-2015

Jesus guys, look at the shots from yesterday again, hell, go and fire up DBC, graphics won't be a worry guys. Don't go jumping to conclusions on some tiny resolution Facebook pictures.

RE: New Teaser Screenshots Friday and Saturday!!! - SOR - 05-16-2015

(05-16-2015, 08:48 PM)Donto1910 Wrote: Seriously though, while the graphics aren't amazing, I'd rather good gameplay over a perfect looking game with crap gameplay.

Agree. A lot of PS1 and N64 games with "crap graphics" totally outdo modern games with great graphics.

Perfect example is the Final Fantasy series. Everyone views VII, VIII and IX as the best of the series whilst their modern games aren't as popular.

Jonah Lomu Rugby is still a favourite with Rugby Union fans everywhere as well.

RE: New Teaser Screenshots Friday and Saturday!!! - NRLHalfback02 - 05-16-2015

Should add ball carrier above the tackler/s

RE: New Teaser Screenshots Friday and Saturday!!! - Stormer! - 05-16-2015

(05-16-2015, 08:49 PM)Matt BnW Wrote: Nines are in the game - take my word for it Wink

I'm going to hold you to that.

RE: New Teaser Screenshots Friday and Saturday!!! - krypter - 05-16-2015

(05-16-2015, 08:48 PM)Donto1910 Wrote: Seriously though, while the graphics aren't amazing, I'd rather good gameplay over a perfect looking game with crap gameplay.

I get, and if it looked like RLL2 with perfect gameplay I'd probably get it too. But when releasing screen shots of an unmoving game, they need to look bloody nice. It's marketing 101. Just proves that Tru Blu have HORRIBLE marketing. Last nights shots look ace and got me excited and they took one huge step back. They should have released more like last night instead of this.

If the running game is not finished and not polished, don't release screen shots because all you are going to do is make a whole lot of people disappointed and not want to buy your game. This would do them more harm then good.

RE: New Teaser Screenshots Friday and Saturday!!! - Grizzly Yeti - 05-16-2015

The game mechanics look pretty different. Judging by looking how he is holding the ball and how the defender is running.

RE: New Teaser Screenshots Friday and Saturday!!! - BRAB - 05-16-2015

The confusing thing is that the close up shots made the game look awesome, and if you look at DBC, the graphics on that are also much better then these screenshots

I think perhaps the game might look better from a different angle? Remember they had to take this screenshot "in motion" as opposed to yesterdays, where it would have been paused in the reply mode.

Also consider that this is probably from the PS3/Xbox 360 version, otherwise you'd have people waving their fists at bigant, screaming they were lied to.

If you look at the screenshots bigant made for DBC, they were mostly done on console, the game ended up looking significantly better on PC. I'm hoping this isn't the absolute best the game can look!

If so, frankly I'm disappointed, after DBC14, anything less then that in terms of graphical quality will be a bit of a bummer.

RE: New Teaser Screenshots Friday and Saturday!!! - krypter - 05-16-2015

And even from the screens, the look like they are floating across the field.