Big Ant Studios
Has Bigant considered allowing female characters to be created in the game? - Printable Version

+- Big Ant Studios (https://forum.bigant.com)
+-- Forum: Welcome to the Big Ant Forums (https://forum.bigant.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Rugby League (https://forum.bigant.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+---- Forum: Rugby League Live 3 (https://forum.bigant.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=22)
+---- Thread: Has Bigant considered allowing female characters to be created in the game? (/showthread.php?tid=3095)

Pages: 1 2

Has Bigant considered allowing female characters to be created in the game? - Jasche78 - 02-26-2015

Just a thought because my missus doesn't mind having a go on the Playstation now and then and she particularly likes the ability with some games to create a female character. ( this was her idea for me to post this actually)

After all girls do play rugby league albeit not alongside men, but in a "virtual world" it doesn't matter and at the same time could possibly expose the game to another market dynamic= possible increase in sales!?

Could even include a women's competition.....

RE: Has Bigant considered allowing female characters to be created in the game? - Ruck - 02-26-2015

Unless you're those pussies in the WWE who (amongst so many other issues I have with them) took away my ability to slap women in the face with a steel chair. Female players have to man up these days... Sad.

RE: Has Bigant considered allowing female characters to be created in the game? - Dann_K - 02-26-2015

Its certainly something I'd like to see. Big Ant have already done cheerleaders so I doubt it would be too much of a step to include female players. It might need some animation changes and some changes to the player creator on the FanHub but it certainly seems possible, probably not on release day but maybe a patch at some point? Or at least for the next title in the RL franchise.

I know the RFL in the UK are keen to promote the women's game (quite rightly) because it gets more funding, spreads and grows the game and well, why not?! I feel that rugby league has always, generally been a progressive sport, it'd be good if at some point if a video game could reflect this.

(To be fair I think Big Ant are very progressive)

RE: Has Bigant considered allowing female characters to be created in the game? - Ninjah_DeKill - 02-26-2015

Women can't play alongside males not because they don't wanna "man up" its because the guidelines say that once a female has turned the age of 13 they can no longer play along side male players.

RE: Has Bigant considered allowing female characters to be created in the game? - Ruck - 02-26-2015

I'm guessing that you were replying to me NDK... I was talking about wrestling games and technically sports games in general, where female gamers have to make a male character.

RE: Has Bigant considered allowing female characters to be created in the game? - benrhino - 02-26-2015

(02-26-2015, 08:55 AM)RuckNHell Wrote: Unless you're those pussies in the WWE who (amongst so many other issues I have with them) took away my ability to slap women in the face with a steel chair. Female players have to man up these days... Sad.

I remember when there used to be bra and panties matches on the wwe games, they magically disappears as well, though probably not for the same reason as hitting them with chairs.

I understand the whole violence against women thing (although that never stopped them from smacking a woman out or exploiting them on TV.... ever), but back in the day I'd play wrestling games with family and friends and the females liked playing as females.

Trish Stratus would be slapping the crap out of all comers and wielded a chair just like anyone else. Thankfully Lita and Chyna have retired... it'd by a crime to limit them to fighting Divas.

RE: Has Bigant considered allowing female characters to be created in the game? - Ninjah_DeKill - 02-26-2015

(02-26-2015, 11:25 AM)RuckNHell Wrote: I understand the whole violence against women thing (although that never stopped them from smacking a woman out or exploiting them on TV.... ever), but back in the day I'd play wrestling games with family and friends and the females liked playing as females.

Trish Stratus would be slapping the crap out of all comers and wielded a chair just like anyone else. Thankfully Lita and Chyna have retired... it'd by a crime to limit them to fighting Divas.

Yes ahahaha

RE: Has Bigant considered allowing female characters to be created in the game? - MGx - 03-13-2015

I have previously asked for the jillaroos and kiwi ferns

opinions seem divided, I would love to see big ant beat FIFA and include female players in major game, I would play that mode for sure, only need the 2 teams to start and expand next game

I don't expect to see male v females, (although I wouldn't mind but that's just me) but 2 female teams.. problem solved

could also include women's indigenous all-stars.. 3 teams
[Image: Jillaroos.jpg]

RE: Has Bigant considered allowing female characters to be created in the game? - SOR - 03-14-2015

Why?

There aren't any professional women's leagues for Rugby League so why would they be in a professional Rugby League game?

If they were going to throw three additional teams in I'd rather Australia PM XIII, Philippines and maybe a "legends" team featuring the best players of the modern era (Fittler, Johns, Lockyer, Langer etc)