Big Ant Studios
What position should I play? - Printable Version

+- Big Ant Studios (https://forum.bigant.com)
+-- Forum: Welcome to the Big Ant Forums (https://forum.bigant.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Rugby League (https://forum.bigant.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: What position should I play? (/showthread.php?tid=2892)

What position should I play? - Jamal On YouTube - 10-30-2014

I'm thinking about playing rugby league next year, but I have no idea what position to play at.

- I'm about 180-185cm and I weigh about 80kg
- I'm a decent runner (can run 40m in about 7-8 seconds).
- I'm not a bad kicker (I practice place kicks and they get through the sticks about 70% of the time; drop kicking could use some work; normal kicks go about 30-40m).
- I can tackle and break tackles.
- Pretty good at passing.
- I can recover any ball spills before they hit the ground.

What position would you place me on the rugby league field if you were the coach?

RE: What position should I play? - davies11 - 12-09-2014

Pre season and match time will quickly determine where you're going to play, preferences help coaches but you'll be put where your abilities best fit the particualr side, a game like rugby league can mean you end up anywhere throughout a season, sometimes a game, I've played wing through to front row haha I certainly have second row as my personal preference

RE: What position should I play? - krypter - 12-11-2014

Just go to training and let the coach decide. I'm with Davies lol, I've played everything from wing to Prop. Most my tackle days were playing second Row and Prop, played a heap of touch football on the wing and in the halves.

RE: What position should I play? - Jamal On YouTube - 12-14-2014

I talked to a couple mates, they reckon I should play in at hooker. I'm too small to be a prop or second row. Lock could be an option. Definitely not fullback, centre or wing - I'm not fast enough. So I've narrowed it down to hooker, lock and five eighth.

RE: What position should I play? - reggiewestside - 12-20-2014

Hooker or lock would be good options, there isn't much competition for those spots so it would be an easy rotation. I played u14s at Centre, I loved it but I'm moving to soccer to play goalkeeper next year.

Your coach will probably ask what position you feel most comfortable in, so think about it, but in my opinion Hooker would be the way to go. Good luck!

RE: What position should I play? - Jamal On YouTube - 01-03-2015

(12-20-2014, 02:11 AM)reggiewestside Wrote: Hooker or lock would be good options, there isn't much competition for those spots so it would be an easy rotation. I played u14s at Centre, I loved it but I'm moving to soccer to play goalkeeper next year.

Your coach will probably ask what position you feel most comfortable in, so think about it, but in my opinion Hooker would be the way to go. Good luck!

Cheers man. Decided that I feel more comfortable at Hooker, but I'll have the Lock as a back-up if there needs to be a rotation in the interchange to keep the players fresh.

RE: What position should I play? - JuliaQQ - 03-10-2015

I just joined this forum and I believe this will help me in doing website.
chargeur adaptateur Galaxy note 4 etui Samsung galaxy S6