Big Ant Studios

Full Version: Cricket 19 preview
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Cricket 19 has a small preview with some pics.

https://press-start.com.au/news/nintendo...K0TWSJt88M

Loving the scenario mode, been wanting that in a League game forever.

Also like the AI tactical improvements.

May release is good. Hope it's well polished on release.
Good find, very excited and an earlier release than I expected...happy days.
The screenshots look great... Mind you I expect another cricket game that is lacking key features again.

Such as...

1. Camera men who focus on the hot ladies in the crowd between overs?
2. Gratuitous shots of Sea Gulls?
3. Kids playing cricket on the Hill.
4. The crowd chanting things like "Hadlee's a...", and other classics?

There better be a KFC bucket helmet to offset such nostalgic neglect... otherwise I'm only going to play this game in moderation, not excess. :p

Nice Work Big Ant... can't wait Smile.

And Ross... where is the "Dish"???
Now that cricket is out of the way, hurry up and announce Rugby League 19 Big Grin
(03-09-2019, 01:42 PM)Yuna Wrote: [ -> ]Now that cricket is out of the way, hurry up and announce Rugby League 19 Big Grin

Yep, drop "live". Drop Tru Blu and go unlicenced if necessary. 

We will handle the rest.
(03-09-2019, 02:47 PM)theaxe1606 Wrote: [ -> ]Yep, drop "live". Drop Tru Blu and go unlicenced if necessary. 

We will handle the rest.

I've got no problem with Live (as long as we get another release), Otherwise... Bradman stood on it's own... I'd back Big Ant with an upgraded FanHub to stand alone with ease.
(03-09-2019, 02:47 PM)theaxe1606 Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-09-2019, 01:42 PM)Yuna Wrote: [ -> ]Now that cricket is out of the way, hurry up and announce Rugby League 19 Big Grin

Yep, drop "live". Drop Tru Blu and go unlicenced if necessary. 

We will handle the rest.

Yes and also drop 1,2,3,4 sequence and sequence it by year
Fixes needed in the new game:
Calendar/schedule in career mode, you shouldn't be able to play a 4 or 5 day match and then play a 1 dayer that was scheduled in the middle of the first match.

Batting stats. When you go to bat, your high score on the osd shows as "not out" even if it wasn't.
If you score a not out 100 it doesn't register as a century on the stats page (the total runs and average are correct).

Bowling stats for test and domestic games are combined on the osd (in match). My best bowling figures are from a test but they now show up as my best figures in Sheffield Shield. This isn't an issue for batting.

Animation timing. The batsmen more often than not put the bat down behind the crease instead of before it when either sliding the bat or diving when running.

Big Ant Review System. For the most part is ok but, if you review a not out catch (as bowler) the replay only runs for a few seconds. The ball doesn't even get to the batter before it cuts out so you never see edgo or hotspot.
And worse but very very rare, if you review an lbw (as bowler) the ball tracking line will flip out all over the place and even though the ball is near or hitting the stumps the tracking shows something different and remains not out.

And we need a season/tournament tracker and trophy cabinet so we can see our results and trophies from our career.