Big Ant Studios

Full Version: PATCH IDEAS/WISHLIST/DETAILS
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
(07-26-2017, 06:06 PM)deej999 Wrote: [ -> ]I reckon they might have preferred to keep the controls the same for side view for people who regularly switch between the 2 views.

Wouldn't passing left and right with the side buttons be the same problem?

Not exactly. There are four primary directions of skill moves and only two pass buttons. It's also changed from what people have been using for the last two games for zero good reason. Perhaps they could perspective shift the behind view's skill moves by 90 degrees and see if you're pleased with the result? I'm sure you'd be happy?
Issues I would love addressed in future 

1.Fullback position in attack 
2.Stamina/speed of fast players in open field, very frustrating 
3. Some forwards way OP (I know!) Just some are a too fast and invincible but i love momentum etc so get it
4. Losing the ball from big hits, i love big hits, i love how regaining the ball from a big hit can be used as a clutch play it is a awsome feature and is really satisfying when used to shift momentem , it happens too much though both human and ai controlled and will get old very soon tbh and runs risk of being gimmicky 
My "realistic"  wish list for additions 

Career stats only visable in game, want more in career mode 
Gameplay sliders 

I have mentioned these Defence ideas briefly already but I want to go into a bit more detail with them. They are as close to what is currently there to hopefully make them less difficult to manage.

The problem I'm having is the defence is an evenly spaced out line and doesn't compress early enough when on the 10 metre mark or slide more to one side or the other to give you a more lifelike visual appearance of spacing like you would see in a real game.

The first part of my idea would allow you to hold L2 to compress the D Line as the defenders are on the 10 metre mark and the longer you hold it, the more your players compress. Release and players spread out by themselves.

The second part is L2 could also act as a switch to nearest player button to make switching to nearest player or cycle between nearest and nearest in the line, this could make going into controlled movement, compressing and switching easier to manage.

When using L2 controlled movement at the moment it is making defending tricky because when you press and hold L2 and move to control your player/line, your players don't compress tight enough and early enough shoulder to shoulder when you hold down L2 and move forward into position as the attacking player hits the ball up, it's more spaced out and compressing more after the tackle is made, so effectively you are open to any of the attacking moves and break aways. This maybe a design choice which I can understand to a degree.

Where this can be adjusted is to have it so from compressing your line early on the 10 to holding longer and compressing tighter as movement control is used so you have 2 or 3 players shoulder to shoulder strafing as the ball runner hits the ball up and this will allow the benefit of tighter defence in the middle and depending on how long you compress it will benefit the attack by allowing possible quick play the balls depending on tackle type and quick passes and plays to catch out the compressed defence out wide as it retreats and scrambles back into position allowing for overlaps and draw and pass opportunities.

Dpad left and Dpad Right could also be adjusted so sliding left and right can be done by holding the direction to slide continuously to either lessen space on one side or the other or use it to slide either side for scrambling defence if caught out one side or the other.

I can imagine such changes would not be easy to do espescially if you have to make it all work with the AI as well so it could be a wasted set of ideas but I feel that with these possible changes I think a balance can eventually be struck that could improve many aspects of attack and defence if not sometime in the near future in this game but maybe in a future game. Smile
(07-26-2017, 06:26 PM)tstev92 Wrote: [ -> ]Ability to have 'none' has an option in reprsentstive country option. Players like Gallen and Thurston who have retired from rep footy

Not a huge deal but yeah should be included.
(07-27-2017, 12:12 AM)NRLHalfback02 Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-26-2017, 06:26 PM)tstev92 Wrote: [ -> ]Ability to have 'none' has an option in reprsentstive country option. Players like Gallen and Thurston who have retired from rep footy

Not a huge deal but yeah should be included.

An easy one though helps with rep selection in career big time
I have had the game for a week and a bit now and I am not overly impressed. This is what needs fixing, in no particular order.
1. The full back positioning in both attack and defence. In attack he is 15 metres behind the player, so basically useless. And in defence if you the opposition is 15 metres out from your try line, the full back is, deep in your in goal, so again useless.
2. Play the ball speed is too slow, I get my dummy half there super quick by using the quick play the ball feature but it still takes way too long
3. Passing is fundamental in our great sport and in there 4th game the passing is the worst of the series. Slow and loopy. I have double tapped and single tapped and you never really know which pass will be thrown.
4. No support play. If you make a break, you are own your own as no one runs in support.
5. You cant draw and pass, so similar to the above, there is no support and in attack you never get a 2 on 1 opportunity.
6. The kicking needs some severe tweaking. It is very hard to get a kick away
7. Offloading - 9 times out of 10 it's a forward pass, so there is no point even trying.
8. Dont even start me on defence. It is hard to master and the lack of low tackles and ball and all tackles buttons are really missing.
9. No update to the career mode at all. 

This being the 4th game in the series I expected so much more, over the 1st 3 games a solid platform was built but this doesn't seem like a step forward.
I agree that the logo building and stadium creator are nice to haves but it seems they are add ons that may have taken a lot of time in development, and game play may have been missed.

The game is very difficult which is okay but a lot game fans are kids. I have an 8 year old son and I won't let him play it because it is way too difficult for him. So there no pick up and play option which loses young fans and new to the sport fans.

This game was launched with the backing of the NRL, maybe get some players helping you develop the game as they know how the game is meant to played which this game plays nothing like.

Sorry for being negative. The face scans are good
I agree with everything with drewey except no.8

Defence is fun in this game and you just need to get used to the LT controlled movement in order to make successful tackle.
(07-27-2017, 10:40 AM)drewey78 Wrote: [ -> ]I have had the game for a week and a bit now and I am not overly impressed. This is what needs fixing, in no particular order.
1. The full back positioning in both attack and defence. In attack he is 15 metres behind the player, so basically useless. And in defence if you the opposition is 15 metres out from your try line, the full back is, deep in your in goal, so again useless.
2. Play the ball speed is too slow, I get my dummy half there super quick by using the quick play the ball feature but it still takes way too long
3. Passing is fundamental in our great sport and in there 4th game the passing is the worst of the series. Slow and loopy. I have double tapped and single tapped and you never really know which pass will be thrown.
4. No support play. If you make a break, you are own your own as no one runs in support.
5. You cant draw and pass, so similar to the above, there is no support and in attack you never get a 2 on 1 opportunity.
6. The kicking needs some severe tweaking. It is very hard to get a kick away
7. Offloading - 9 times out of 10 it's a forward pass, so there is no point even trying.
8. Dont even start me on defence. It is hard to master and the lack of low tackles and ball and all tackles buttons are really missing.
9. No update to the career mode at all. 

This being the 4th game in the series I expected so much more, over the 1st 3 games a solid platform was built but this doesn't seem like a step forward.
I agree that the logo building and stadium creator are nice to haves but it seems they are add ons that may have taken a lot of time in development, and game play may have been missed.

The game is very difficult which is okay but a lot game fans are kids. I have an 8 year old son and I won't let him play it because it is way too difficult for him. So there no pick up and play option which loses young fans and new to the sport fans.

This game was launched with the backing of the NRL, maybe get some players helping you develop the game as they know how the game is meant to played which this game plays nothing like.

Sorry for being negative. The face scans are good
That right there has convinced me, im gonna give it a miss $80 just not justified.

Very dissapointed in the outcome, been looking forward to it but i know if i cave in i will kick myself.
Adding the feature to change your pro's position at the end of the season. Like it was last time?
So I picked up the game this afternoon and had a few plays . I must say as soon as I started playing my first game you could definitely tell this game had been overhauled , any one that says it's a re skin of three is just down right a bloody idiot . The new mechanics are great especially the controlled defence I love how the placer slows down and shuffles what a great feature and resembles real rugby league . Also I think kicking is fine Ive kicked two 40/20s in three games on pro if you press L2 before you get the ball there really is no issue at all. My only gripe at the moment is with passing and i think the problem with it is the layout , it's hard to string passes together because you don't have enough time after the first pass to then hold down and wait for the icons to re-appear and select the right pass again. A simple solution would be to have instead of x for first man and o for second have x for shallow or fllat and o for deep. Great work BA
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15