Big Ant Studios

Full Version: PATCH IDEAS/WISHLIST/DETAILS
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
(07-25-2017, 09:43 PM)C A Iversen Wrote: [ -> ]Have the day one patch. There's a few things that need to be patched in an update sooner, rather than later.

Some of those things that I'd love to see patched are:

When playing in a side view, all of the skill moves (side-steps, fends) etc still operate in the same directions as the default view. Which is ridiculous, as you go to press towards the defensive line for a fend and end up side-stepping to the right. This also includes the defensive player selections not working properly (especially the HOLD DOWN R1 and move the direction stick). Making it damn near impossible to play.

The side-camera views themselves are definitely poorly considered coming from playing RLL2 RLL2-WCE and RLL3 (they might even be almost worse perspectives than RLL1 - and I'm not into exaggeration like that). You can't see the side-line down the bottom until you run into it or where you're kicking at times, you can't see the defensive line until they tackle you. Big Ant did a FANTASTIC job of side-view cams in 2 & 3, to the point that they were the best I'd ever seen in ANY Rugby or League game. It seems this has had very little attention this time around.

There's a other little things, some that don't come to mind right now, but one other is that the game seems too eager to end at half and full time now. You can have the ball go through the legs played and as long as dummy-half hasn't picked it up, it's still going to end the half.

It's a pretty great game now, but with the extra things you have to do on defence (L2  and the likes) the control is hard enough to get right without not being able to select the right players on defence (mostly on the side-views I play on). The L1 doesn't seem to really rotate through the 2-3 nearest that it's supposed to either.

Would be great if these get some consideration. Thanks very much for the game.
So what we got today was the day 1 patch?
No it wasn't...or I hope not.
(07-25-2017, 09:52 PM)Ruck Wrote: [ -> ]Kaleb, they Read these forums daily... I'm sure they've already seen your post on this issue. Smile

Oh thanks, sorry I'm new to the forums  Confused But thanks for the heads up at least I know they read them  Big Grin
All good... Smile
(07-25-2017, 09:59 PM)Radman Wrote: [ -> ]No it wasn't...or I hope not.

Just wait until PC releases ahhh that first patch and enjoying the game little bit more than xbox and ps4 users lol...
If they do another one Pc will get it first because it's easyer to do though steam Big Grin
(07-25-2017, 09:54 PM)stdragons Wrote: [ -> ]So what we got today was the day 1 patch?

Nah it isnt it. Go to the PS4 screen and press start on the RLL4 icon and look at update history. It only said "stability improvements"

If its a patch, it needs to list or note what has been done.
(07-26-2017, 06:43 AM)Shunta Wrote: [ -> ]Nah it isnt it. Go to the PS4 screen and press start on the RLL4 icon and look at update history. It only said "stability improvements"

If its a patch, it needs to list or note what has been done.

I know how to examine a game's update history, thanks. Smile

It's patch 1.01. It's that by it's very definition. Yes, I know it only said "Stability improvements", but it's still the first patch.

As for it being the discussed "day one" patch, I guess it's up to Big Ant to let us know or not if it was or if there is another coming on the 28th.

I'd hope so, as that one just basically appeared to do very little (maybe just prevents some instances of crashes etc).
It was the day one patch.

Matt from BA just confirmed it.

That's disappointing. None of the gameplay issues are fixed.
As a side cam only player. Should I even pick this up Friday? I'm not even going to play behind cam. I'd rather not even play it
I'm not sure yet if I will. $80 is a big ask
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15