Big Ant Studios

Full Version: PS4 / XBOX ONE Update when to expect
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(11-17-2015, 02:28 PM)HBK619 Wrote: [ -> ]It'd potentially take double, if not triple the amount of time without PC
Applying that to Don Bradman Cricket - Patch 3 (multiplying it by 3 times longer), I guess we'd be talking more than 2 years, lol. Smile

The League only users don't know how lucky they're likely to be in comparison to that. When my kids recently watched "The Never-Ending Story", I could only think of that patch. Tongue
Patch-gate live 3
Massive games like The Witcher 3 receive patches every fortnight and a game like this takes over 2 months lol. I hate to admit it but I was a fool to purchase this game thinking I'd get a quality product that wasn't rushed in development.
It's pretty shit how the console users were essentially the guinea pigs for the fixes to be implemented for the PC version. Now the console users are left waiting whilst we are now more than 2 months after the initial release.

Granted the game is not unplayable, but it is hard to commit to a new career when there are certain game play issues that need to be addressed, new features still to be put in, plus waiting for the fan hub updates which also haven't been forthcoming.

Sure, the larger studios might not have any fan interaction or direct communication such as these forums but you know what - they release patches quite regularly. I know which one I'd prefer.
And that's called commenting without really knowing! If you release a patch on steam you probably just upload it and click release. If you want to do something similar on consoles you have to wait weeks for it to be approved so therefore you cant release constant updates so you might as well make sure its right before waiting weeks. I dont have the PC version but at least the PC gamers are making are patch perfect Smile
I'm same boat as a lot of people then it seems.Bought the game, found it too easy below pro but the jump up too much.Plus the other glitches made it not worth starting a career so shelved it after a few days as soon as FIFA came out and have been playing that quite happily since. I did expect to see a patch by now though, however reading the change log it does seem a lot of things have been addressed and i do expect to have a lot more fun when we finally get this patch.It Will be very disappointing if it isn't before xmas mind.
Have gone back to RLL 2......and enjoying it!
I'd play RLL 1......if I had it.
I don't get why we cant be told if we should expect it before or after christmas?

Contemplating selling my copy and using money elsewhere, theres only so much of a mickymouse operation that I can take. Can accept the game when released wasn't to standard (which tbf, is rather unreasonable to accept), can accept that the console version takes longer to get patches. But to try and get even the slightest notion even asking to be vague is getting no where, its like trying to get blood from a stone.

As a pre-order customer, and longtime follower I can assure you this experience has been a great dissappointment. I've bought DBC, and I've bought RLL3 but the way things are, those will be my only BA purchases.

Also would like to remind you that a happy customer may recommend to a friend or two, but a dissatisfied customers voice gets heard by many.

I don't intend on coming across as whiny, but I urge BA to understand the frustration here
(11-18-2015, 02:29 PM)Shaun Wrote: [ -> ]I don't get why we cant be told if we should expect it before or after christmas?

Contemplating selling my copy and using money elsewhere, theres only so much of a mickymouse operation that I can take. Can accept the game when released wasn't to standard (which tbf, is rather unreasonable to accept), can accept that the console version takes longer to get patches. But to try and get even the slightest notion even asking to be vague is getting no where, its like trying to get blood from a stone.

As a pre-order customer, and longtime follower I can assure you this experience has been a great dissappointment. I've bought DBC, and I've bought RLL3 but the way things are, those will be my only BA purchases.

Also would like to remind you that a happy customer may recommend to a friend or two, but a dissatisfied customers voice gets heard by many.

I don't intend on coming across as whiny, but I urge BA to understand the frustration here

We aren't giving a date because we are unable to guarantee that a date can be hit. And if we do that and miss that date, then where does that leave us?

We are not holding back anything, we want it out as soon as possible. It is out of our hands as to how quickly it gets to the public.