Big Ant Studios

Full Version: PS4 / XBOX ONE Update when to expect
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(11-15-2015, 08:19 PM)T-BAG SNAG Wrote: [ -> ]Based on Tru Blu's track record I'd be impressed if it's even released this year. Before Easter would probably be impressive for them.

Still waiting for the Bradman patch....so it could be a while!
(11-15-2015, 10:02 PM)Frankieabbott Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-15-2015, 08:19 PM)T-BAG SNAG Wrote: [ -> ]Based on Tru Blu's track record I'd be impressed if it's even released this year. Before Easter would probably be impressive for them.

Still waiting for the Bradman patch....so it could be a while!

Ah yes Bradman and his patch - one day we hope... Smile
The delay in patching this game is increasing the chance of people shelving it and playing something else. Don't forget, Battlefront is released this week!
It's been shelved since about 4 days after release.
^ Yep.
ill agree the console version i lost interest in that pretty quickly, wasn't a bad game just to much stuff that really annoyed me, then heard PC came out with a beta, straight away got myself a updated card and the game and never have looked back to my console version. Its definitely like a new league game.
(11-16-2015, 11:25 PM)KnightsInStyle Wrote: [ -> ]ill agree the console version i lost interest in that pretty quickly, wasn't a bad game just to much stuff that really annoyed me, then heard PC came out with a beta, straight away got myself a updated card and the game and never have looked back to my console version. Its definitely like a new league game.

I can understand doing that. I have a pretty capable laptop myself, but I've not gone and got myself set-up for gaming on my big lounge tv where I do most of it.

Would need it's own place in the cabinet. Would need some decent/expensive controllers to be as good as the PS4 ones. Have hooked up a PC before and it doesn't tend to fill all the screen, so am doing something wrong there. Plus it'd take longer to boot up and play than my console each time. I really should do it though, it seems that this patch situation is going to run through all Tru Blu games.

I understand the testing side of it (PC patches are great for testing out what's working or not). What I don't understand, is the constant massive delay difference for console approvals. We all understand a delay and the need to be fair and patient, but in Don Bradman Cricket's case, it's been absolutely extreme in it's difference to PC. Information has gone dark on that one, the last we heard was a data error causing an inflated 3.2gb patch. That was many weeks ago, it's been apparently fixed a couple of weeks back or more, but now must've failed on something else.

Console is where there's a lot less piracy and PC is where it sadly still thrives. The margins aren't great on PC either and yet, it's getting a huge neon billboard over it's head saying "forget console - come here!". Big Grin

Console people can't do anything about it, but game on other games and go back to the game every month or so, have a check, "no it's not there" and go back to gaming on something else (which has usually had an update every month, haha). Tongue

I did love the game, until the deficiencies gradually became too hard to ignore. Will be great one day when it's sorted. Meanwhile, Fallout & The Nathan Drake Collection and even Rugby World Cup 2011 (with 2015 cup squads) is filling the void.
I'm a massive league fan and after a couple of weeks of RLL3 I happened to purchase NBA 2K16 and basically i haven't played RLL3 since and that was like 6 or 8 weeks ago. I'm not a huge basketball fan but the My Career on it is awesome, i'm playing it pretty much every night.
I got bored of RLL3 for 2 reasons, it was too easy so i upped the setting buy 1 and then it was too hard, seems to be a huge jump between levels if they can even that out and fix a few other issues it could be a great game.
It's a improve on past NRL games but it's not there yet and due to sales compared to EA Sports or 2K sports games they may never get a budget to get it there.
I did think that part of the idea behind PC patch releases first is to expedite bug testing and ensure a better less buggy patch version is submitted to console platform holders, thereby making for a potentially faster console patch release.

I'm not sure if that part of things is working out so far?
I think the console patch has vanished in a deep black hole.

I'm not currently playing the game as I am waiting for the patch...