Big Ant Studios

Full Version: PS4 / XBOX ONE Update when to expect
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have learnt over the years that if don't expect too much you're less likely to be disappointed.
I've pretty much given up. just check back here ever week or 2 to see if has happened
(02-19-2016, 12:59 AM)Hartyharty Wrote: [ -> ]This is similar to buying a vehicle, at a later date the manufacturer announcing it has a defect for both AT/MT but then only recalling and fixing the AT not the MT.

That's not a fair comparison at all, vehicles can kill people and only flaws serious enough to risk that tend to get recalled. They won't for example recall a vehicle if the clock loses connection to the electrics every now and again or if the carpet comes a little loose in the back.

I also disagree with the earlier comment by Luke, that Tru Blu have released "half a game" last year and are releasing the other half at some point this year.

What has happened is they've released a game which is entirely functional, but has a good number of flaws which can seriously impact the enjoyment many people get from the game, causing it to be shelved by that segment of the community.

It would seem like logic to improve the product and get the patch out as soon as possible, because people tend to re-sell and others buy from those re-sellers. It overall diminishes the pool of people who will buy the game from retail. I guess this is why the industry is trying to move us all to digital, so once a product is bought with flaws, you simply can't re-sell it.
Yeah, I was simply venting my frustration that improvements are being withheld without any apparent reason (which is the assumption I'm left to make with no communication).

Definitely would distance myself from the assertion that that game is broken or that consumer law is relevant to this.

I just want the patch lol
(02-19-2016, 10:12 AM)C A Iversen Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-19-2016, 12:59 AM)Hartyharty Wrote: [ -> ]This is similar to buying a vehicle, at a later date the manufacturer announcing it has a defect for both AT/MT but then only recalling and fixing the AT not the MT.

That's not a fair comparison at all, vehicles can kill people and only flaws serious enough to risk that tend to get recalled. They won't for example recall a vehicle if the clock loses connection to the electrics every now and again or if the carpet comes a little loose in the back.

I also disagree with the earlier comment by Luke, that Tru Blu have released "half a game" last year and are releasing the other half at some point this year.

What has happened is they've released a game which is entirely functional, but has a good number of flaws which can seriously impact the enjoyment many people get from the game, causing it to be shelved by that segment of the community.

It would seem like logic to improve the product and get the patch out as soon as possible, because people tend to re-sell and others buy from those re-sellers. It overall diminishes the pool of people who will buy the game from retail. I guess this is why the industry is trying to move us all to digital, so once a product is bought with flaws, you simply can't re-sell it.

Well said that man.
Sums it up perfectly and with sense. From word 1 until the last one.

It's not half a game by any means. The pieces are there, some just have folds and tears. Once the patch comes out, we should hopefully be sweet.

Frustrating, and it doesn't reflect on either company very well. BA have stressed their part is complete, but what percent of the overall consumer base will go on a forum and read that, and then believe it? Their image has taken a hit because of TB (if believed)
In Rll2 it was the intercepts, this time its the lack of punch with the forwards, this is what the game will be remembered by
Hey, thanks Shaun, and I understand you guys being frustrated, and I'm sure Big Ant in particular feel the same in many similar ways.

It drives you up the wall and you can't see the logic in it all, simply because the logic isn't being explained to you, and that's due to agreements here and there.

I personally think we got 95% of a great game with RLL3, but that last 5% (composed of about maybe 10 relevant issues) has gotten tough to swallow.

I really think companies need constructive, positive feedback which helps point in the direction of what's working, they don't get it enough. They also need some which may be perceived as negative but polite, to help them see what is not working.

These games must be very important (besides being paid work) to the team that create them, so maybe they don't take the later as well as they could.
SInce these morons at TB arent getting their fingers out, BA any chance of a paid DLC with updated jerseys & patch, like in RLL2. Maybe money might inspire them to finally do something.
Hmmm.. wait for the update or pay for jerseys and get the patch (which would most likely have to be resubmitted and jump through the hoops again).

I don't think DLC would be a viable option when you consider most of those complaining about the update are the ones claiming they'll be hesitant to give Tru Blu any more money.
Fair point that.
I would say that updated 2016 jerseys would be a nice "Thanks for being so patient" bonus... but without knowing how much the NRL / Super League charge for that, I'll just settle for the patch.