Big Ant Studios

Full Version: PS4 / XBOX ONE Update when to expect
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The sentiment carried across from my email wasn't meant to be that you're lucky to get patches but more that we do them for goodwill, and generally add far more than can be expected. My response is in the context of the idea put forward of a "demand" and an "obligation" at law, this obligation does not exist as the game is of merchantable quality - especially when compared to the "Rugby" market which is the level of comparison to be had - not FIFA or any other 10 Million+ selling title.
I'll have that patch now. Cheers
(01-06-2016, 08:32 PM)Ross Wrote: [ -> ]It's a subtle thing to notice but we are the "publisher of record" for RLL3 on Steam, even so I still need direct approval from Tru Blu and the NRL.

Simply put, I have an agreement that we can release patches on the Steam Beta branch without much fuss - we need full approvals to move code from the Beta branch to the main branch.

Wow i feel bad for you guys, you get all the hate when you cant help it because of all this bureaucracy.
Well don't expect anything soon guys. I've been checking this forum regularly without comment and whilst Big Ant have at least had the decency to reply became fairly fed up with Tru Blu's complete failure to communicate via various means with the people who paid good money for this game.

So I decided to call Tru Blu myself to get some answers. The man I spoke with was more interested in hearing specifically what I wanted fixed as to providing me with any knowledge of roughly when the patch would arrive and what fixes would be included. He told me that "there's no point replying to anyone on their Facebook page because they simply get hammered for everything anyway." I suggested to him that maybe TB should consider engaging their customer base and professionally dealing with customers feedback and complaints but simply ignoring them is the worst form of customer service you could provide.

He also mentioned that Big Ant had not actually provided them with what was required for the patch and it wasn't just a matter of them allowing BA to release the patch, that there was more to it. Whether there was more to this and whether he was being honest with me I don't know. Ross may be able to elaborate further on this.

I asked if a DLC/patch combined was going to come out seeing as they have left the patch itself so long to become available and it was virtually the new season already, so an update to the game in general wouldn't be out of the question. Take note - he told me that there was no plan to update new teams listings/jerseys anytime soon at all.

In ending, he told me that a patch would not become available for "some months." As this is a forum, I thought I would share my experience with TB and a few details that I've been told to the people who've spent their hard earned money on because they at least deserve know "roughly" what is going on!
We have supplied patches to Tru Blu, they test them and if they deem them appropriate then they forward them for testing by MS/Sony - we can't release them.

I can't imagine that it is some months away but I've been wrong before and this is entirely out of our hands.

Rosters for clubs with regard to new players/roster changes/likeness will be handled by the Fanhub.
(01-15-2016, 07:37 PM)Tye Wrote: [ -> ]Well don't expect anything soon guys. I've been checking this forum regularly without comment and whilst Big Ant have at least had the decency to reply became fairly fed up with Tru Blu's complete failure to communicate via various means with the people who paid good money for this game.

So I decided to call Tru Blu myself to get some answers. The man I spoke with was more interested in hearing specifically what I wanted fixed as to providing me with any knowledge of roughly when the patch would arrive and what fixes would be included. He told me that "there's no point replying to anyone on their Facebook page because they simply get hammered for everything anyway." I suggested to him that maybe TB should consider engaging their customer base and professionally dealing with customers feedback and complaints but simply ignoring them is the worst form of customer service you could provide.

He also mentioned that Big Ant had not actually provided them with what was required for the patch and it wasn't just a matter of them allowing BA to release the patch, that there was more to it. Whether there was more to this and whether he was being honest with me I don't know. Ross may be able to elaborate further on this.

I asked if a DLC/patch combined was going to come out seeing as they have left the patch itself so long to become available and it was virtually the new season already, so an update to the game in general wouldn't be out of the question. Take note - he told me that there was no plan to update new teams listings/jerseys anytime soon at all.

In ending, he told me that a patch would not become available for "some months." As this is a forum, I thought I would share my experience with TB and a few details that I've been told to the people who've spent their hard earned money on because they at least deserve know "roughly" what is going on!

If that TB rep is to be believed, and it will be months, wouldn't they then think why bother? That would be about the time they announce RLL4. I have moved on to the PC version, seems like the future of this game is there. I think the modding community will start to deliver some great content, updates and patches are quicker to be released. I'm not looking back.
(01-17-2016, 09:36 AM)T-BAG SNAG Wrote: [ -> ]I wouldn't mind having the PC version but I refuse to give these guys more money.

Probably about time Tru Blu handed on the rugby league licences to someone else.

Yep, I agree. Cannot justify paying for the PC version when a patch has been made and completed and Tru Blu being idiotic about releasing it to the very people who are keeping them in business. I'd love to have a chat to them regarding customer service and support...
WOW my comment was deleted? All i said was i am disappointed and not expecting a patch before kick off. Dont understand why that gets deleted?
I have no idea when the patch will drop so you certainly have no way of knowing the state of the patch nor when it will be released - i.e. you have no knowledge with which to make claims of a patch releasing before/during/after any particular time.

Posts are getting deleted when they don't add anything or are total supposition, or both.
(01-17-2016, 05:32 AM)Eyeman79 Wrote: [ -> ]If that TB rep is to be believed, and it will be months, wouldn't they then think why bother? That would be about the time they announce RLL4. I have moved on to the PC version, seems like the future of this game is there. I think the modding community will start to deliver some great content, updates and patches are quicker to be released. I'm not looking back.

All I will say is that there is key information that is wrong in that post to the point that none of it can be relied upon.

I am not saying that the OP didn't talk to someone at Tru Blu, I would think though that they didn't speak to the right person there.