Big Ant Studios

Full Version: PS4 / XBOX ONE Update when to expect
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(11-05-2015, 06:48 AM)SenseiTJ2 Wrote: [ -> ]This is taking the mick, no update from bigant? Do they care about the console fanbase at all?

We are and have been updating PC on a weekly basis. We don't want to make a rash decision to quickly push out a console patch potentially with a major game breaking crash in it (like the one we were alerted to and fixed yesterday).

We're in the process of finalising fixes and updates for console patches and will have news in due course.

(11-05-2015, 09:24 AM)gunns85 Wrote: [ -> ]No excuse, it’s a joke consoles have not received any patch – no excuses anymore it’s been ages now the game has been released!!

When it does get released it will be a 8gb update, ridiculous!

No it won't, it won't even be close to A gigabyte.
So much drama!!! It's not like there is a Zombie Apocalypse and Big Ant are sitting on the cure.

Good thing I checked before posting.... HBK covered the rest of my post, more nicely. Smile
^^^ if it's a joke, no need to play the game champ, when the patch comes you can start playing. I stopped playing the console version never see me complaining, ended up getting it on the PC.

Do you want everything fixed or a half job patch which has more issues? Be patient patch will come soon.
(11-05-2015, 10:17 AM)gunns85 Wrote: [ -> ]Even more reason for no excuse for the patch then????

Love how everyone on here make excuses, sorry but its a bit of a joke!

File size has no correlation to how long it takes to get a patch out. It's merely the contents therein, which in this case doesn't make a large patch size.

Read what was said above as to why the console patches are being finalised.
(11-05-2015, 10:17 AM)gunns85 Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-05-2015, 09:24 AM)gunns85 Wrote: [ -> ]No excuse, it’s a joke consoles have not received any patch – no excuses anymore it’s been ages now the game has been released!!

When it does get released it will be a 8gb update, ridiculous!

No it won't, it won't even be close to A gigabyte.

Even more reason for no excuse for the patch then????

Love how everyone on here make excuses, sorry but its a bit of a joke!
[/quote]

Haha yeah! About as much of a joke as someone thinking the size of a patch is directly related to how quickly it will be released.

From what I've read, HBK, MattW & Ross have only provided facts and not 'excuses' as you put them. It's been stated several times that the process for console patches is very different to Steam. There's multiple platform holders, a rigorous approval process, simultaneous release requirements,associated costs and time etc. They can't just pull one out of their proverbial back pocket like they can on Steam.

Edit - beaten to the punch by the looks Smile
Welcome to consoles... all the games are half made.

That said... RLL3 isn't broken. The tweaks that the update will bring will be welcome but I'd personally prefer them to not rush it.
[/quote]

Seriously, if it’s a small patch (being Size) then its small!!!

HOW they do not have an ETA or round about is nothing but pore.

Plus games on smaller budgets bring patches out within the first month of release, so keep the excuses coming –

People have paid full price for a half made game – I think everyone has been extremely patient, like I said we should know something by now!
[/quote]

We must be reading 2 completely different forums then, because here's what I know 'by now'

- there's been several updates to the PC version that from all reports have been big improvements
- BA have stated that the console version will be updated to match the PC version (minus mods of course) once they are happy that no news bugs have been created as a by product of said updates
- BA have stated this process is getting closer to being complete before being submitted for console patches

They've also stated very clearly in the past their reluctance to give ETA's in case something goes wrong in the approval process. Case in point - the DBC patch that is currently held up due to an error in one platform holders system. Presumably, the moaning that comes with a missed date is even worse than the moaning about the wait for a patch.

As for the 'if it's small it's small' argument, again I'm not sure how that relates to how quickly a patch gets released.
Small tweaks of the engines settings require very little storage space. If the devs decided to add in new maps (stadiums) then yeah, you have the 3d models and all of the textures that go with it. That would make an update very large.

But that's not happening, these are subtle gameplay changes. Stop being so dramatic. The patch will come when it comes. No amount of internet bitching will make it come any faster.

I like anyone would live to know how far out it is, but I would rather them make it 110% perfect before that happens.
(11-05-2015, 12:26 PM)gunns85 Wrote: [ -> ]Please if it wasn't for consoles the gaming industries wouldn't be what it is today, so that's a stupid statement!!

Sorry, forgot the smiley face that would have helped you understand that I was joking. LOL.... partially.

Considering you were the one that labeled RLL3 half a game due to a few small bugs, it is a very valid point based on your logic. Your tangent of what came first the computer or the console was kind of irrelevant though.

Stupid would have been saying... "People have paid full price for a half made game". Smile
Well, how fortunate that I have it on both PC and PS4. Phew, thought I might have to delete all my posts there for a second. :p

Chill Out... Smile "Everyone is entitled to their opinion".