Big Ant Studios

Full Version: PS4 / XBOX ONE Update when to expect
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
At the end of the day it's just a "computer" game.. Glitches do happen. People gotta understand there is no realism in gaming. If you want realism get off the lounge and go kick or throw a ball around the backyard or park

I'm quite happy playing the game still (when i can). The glitches don't bother me much only the hot potato passing from opposition team, and playing as a fullback i gotta run left to right to cover any line breaks but i just deal with it.

The patches will come out, just give it time. I'd prefer a 500GB (sarcasm) update and tested to get the game "right" as some say instead of 1009 updates and fixing one thing at a time and possibly creating more glitches.
(12-20-2015, 08:18 AM)Bunnies_1 Wrote: [ -> ]At the end of the day it's just a "computer" game.. Glitches do happen. People gotta understand there is no realism in gaming. If you want realism get off the lounge and go kick or throw a ball around the backyard or park

I'm quite happy playing the game still (when i can). The glitches don't bother me much only the hot potato passing from opposition team, and playing as a fullback i gotta run left to right to cover any line breaks but i just deal with it.

The patches will come out, just give it time. I'd prefer a 500GB (sarcasm) update and tested to get the game "right" as some say instead of 1009 updates and fixing one thing at a time and possibly creating more glitches.

Yes it's only a "computer" game but these so called "glitches" weren't even debugged during the development of the game. If it was, then it was done really poorly. They aren't even considered glitches considering Rugby League Live 2 functions MOSTLY well & don't have the same issues that currently exists on Rugby League Live 3 but that's what happens when you don't use the same game engine from a previous stable installment. I'm not trying to say that Rugby League Live 3 could of been bug free because we all know for sure that every game has bugs regardless how of obvious they are or not but there's so many obvious bugs in this game that COULD of been picked up during the debugging phrase yet ignored. It's like we had to pay $99.95 for the BETA stage of this game.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to shit all over the game because it's an amazing game, nor Big Ant themselves because they've given us really good installments from other than "Rugby League" but I'm just picking out the errors that could of eased a lot of the problems that's on-going right now with RLL3.

Regardless all of that, I'm still trying to enjoy the game by ignoring all those issues and I HOPE we see a patch soon. Tongue
Can I ask a genuine question (and kudos for a mostly balanced post) Canterbury, but when your complaining about glitches, can you give me specific examples, because personally I have only encountered two glitches and even then I can count on one hand how many times I've seen them, the pass that goes 80 feet in the air, and one where i put the ball down before the try line it gave a try and then I kicked the goal and only got two points on the board. (I only play casual and coach if that effects glitch exposure).

Granted there's stuff we all want to see addressed, personally I think seeing the AI not pass when clean through a gap is top of the list. And like you I continue to enjoy this game which is such a step up from previous.
So im guessing we are no closer?

I still maintain we wont see anything before the 9s
(12-21-2015, 01:23 AM)benrhino Wrote: [ -> ]when your complaining about glitches, can you give me specific examples, because personally I have only encountered two glitches

Hate to point out the obvious, but there is a sticky thread at the top of the list with 62 pages of glitches/bugs/anomalies listed on them (all with examples). I think people are probably getting sick of listing the problems they've encountered. I know I am haha.

People play these games in different capacities, and different game modes. Some people are happy playing against the computer (many of these people feel it's either too easy, too hard on said modes). I am one of those players that doesn't want to compete against a computer, and prefers to play online against real opponents. There are quite a few issues on here, where people use the bugs to win matches (or attempt to win matches), such as the short drop-outs, not going 10m and they get awarded a pentalty (even though it should be your penalty).

The lists go on with things that people are waiting to be fixed, and it sounds like BA have got the patch sorted and ready to go.... Yet TB are stuffing around and not releasing it. Hence peoples frustrations.
Just do what I did and buy it on Steam.

Patch fixed a lot of errors and Im enjoying some qaulity career mode and I get to support the company that brought this great game to us in the first place.

It's got it's flaws, but so does actual rugby league, for every bug or shitty play that occurs is equal to what we see in the NRL -there's been countless balls to the moon Wink
(12-21-2015, 10:03 AM)Pierce_mx Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-21-2015, 01:23 AM)benrhino Wrote: [ -> ]when your complaining about glitches, can you give me specific examples, because personally I have only encountered two glitches

Hate to point out the obvious, but there is a sticky thread at the top of the list with 62 pages of glitches/bugs/anomalies listed on them (all with examples). I think people are probably getting sick of listing the problems they've encountered. I know I am haha.

People play these games in different capacities, and different game modes. Some people are happy playing against the computer (many of these people feel it's either too easy, too hard on said modes). I am one of those players that doesn't want to compete against a computer, and prefers to play online against real opponents. There are quite a few issues on here, where people use the bugs to win matches (or attempt to win matches), such as the short drop-outs, not going 10m and they get awarded a pentalty (even though it should be your penalty).

The lists go on with things that people are waiting to be fixed, and it sounds like BA have got the patch sorted and ready to go.... Yet TB are stuffing around and not releasing it. Hence peoples frustrations.

I've seen the sticky and understand that there were a lot of issues on there, but I was thinking more about genuine issues with day to day gameplay rather than kits/career/etc,

Our experiences definitely differ as we've said before because you play more online. Exploits are something that you can never get away from in any game, and thats why I avoid online.

(12-21-2015, 02:00 PM)gunns85 Wrote: [ -> ]I think everyone has to stop trying to sugar coat that this game has obvious faults and is so called broken!!

I like the game and do play it a bit, but the faults like:
*Balls flying to the moon.
*Stupid FB in defence.
*At least half the time the opposition are going for the ball and it’s not a knock on or tackle count doesn't restart.
*The held down penalty, you barely hit the ground and the penalty is given?
*Online auto subs - ridiculous loses you the game as you can’t sub anyone.
*A rating system for people that quite online, 80% of the games I play everyone quits! should have a bad sport rating or you get extra point for them quitting?
* when you tell your wingers and FB to go back in defence, they are still to close - the ball goes over their heads - that's ridiculous!

Now these are the constant things that happen in EVERY game!!!!!! and everyone is defending and making out this is ok??? the game wasn't tested good enough - simple.

And yes the game has almost been out for 4 month and NOT one patch it’s pretty sad really and if it is Tru Blu holding it up then Big Ant as the DEVELOPER should be pushing for release, ETA's!! anything!!!

Bottom line is, you don't buy a coffee cup and the handle keeps falling off and then have everyone saying its not broken or faulty because it is!

http://m.memegen.com/6iu4vq.jpg

I see Ruck has edited your post, but I'll respond to what I can see.

Firstly enjoying a game for what it is, when it is made clear that we are lucky to even get a game, is not sugar coating, it might be being more realistic but I digress.

*The Ball to space, do yo see that EVERY game, I've had it happen three times since release.
* The Fullback doesn't do an awful job, and last lines of defence are a problem in most games, see Fifa GK's and Maddens Safeties.
* It has been stated the back to six thing was a choice by big ant to stop people exploiting just kicking the ball at people to get back to 6. It can be frustrating but its understandable. Maybe there needs to be a 50/50 chance of giving back to 6
* the penalties add some realism for me, we see a lot of soft pens in real life. But it could be better balanced.
* Quitters are a universal problem.
* The Wingers and fullback always mop everything up for me, I never use the drop back tactic though?

As the poster above me has said no game is perfect, it is no more flawed than most other sports games in my opinion.
Might as well wait until the new season kicks-off.... and WISH and HOPE and PRAY and stand on one leg (and wave at the flying pigs as they pass) that the new 2016 rosters and kits have been included when it does drop into the download queue......
Good post BenRhino, I have to say I agree with a lot of what you said there. Sure the Patch will stop a bit of Ref abuse, but in the meantime I'm enjoying what is. Can't wait to get some 2 v 2 going over the Xmas break. Smile
(12-21-2015, 10:32 PM)benrhino Wrote: [ -> ]I've seen the sticky and understand that there were a lot of issues on there, but I was thinking more about genuine issues with day to day gameplay rather than kits/career/etc,

Our experiences definitely differ as we've said before because you play more online. Exploits are something that you can never get away from in any game, and thats why I avoid online.

I don't care about the updated kits etc. I continued to play RLL2 with the 2013 rosters/kits until RLL3 got released.

For me, I want a smooth playing game that is for the most part, functional.

I have no interest in playing against the computer. If I have a friend over, we'll play against each other, but if they don't own the game, it's not a fair competition. So I prefer to play against people 'online' who know how to play.

HOWEVER, these exploits you speak of, shouldn't be in the game to begin with... When the guy who does a goal line dropout kicks it, the ball doesn't go 10M, I pick it up and he get's a penalty. Never heard of that rule. Have seen players kick the ball out on the full during play, then they've been awarded a scrum from where it landed... Never heard of that rule either.

RLL2, when you played online, you couldn't see the oppositions selected player (and they couldn't see yours). However on RLL3, both can see each others player selected.

Rage quitters, these guys will quit with a minute to spare, then I end up losing the match due to a sore loser. If people quit from a match, there should be a penalty of some sort. Even just a ranking of how many incomplete games they have finished. So if I get matched up with somebody that has a high number of quits, I exit out before the match begins and find another person to play against. Rage quitters will soon find that nobody will want to compete against them, therefore rendering the game useless online. They can then join the rest of you and play against the CPU.

There are scores and scores of comments that back up peoples reason for disappointment. It just seems like you refuse to see them or take any notice.

I think it's great that you are enjoying the game. But there are many of us (CONSOLE OWNERS) who have been patiently awaiting a patch, which by the sounds of things, has fixed many issues for PC users. Yet there is no word on when this will be released, or even spoken about. And I am not directing this at BA, as I know it's TB that need to sort it out.