Big Ant Studios

Full Version: PS4 / XBOX ONE Update when to expect
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Rugby League Live 3 is almost unplayable to me. I personally want to play a game that feels like a rugby league match should, and the game offers nothing in that regard. Why do you get punished for trying to make metres with your forwards? And at least Fallout 4 will be getting plenty of patches in the first three months of release to fix its glitches, Live 3 has a huge amount of problems that actually ruin the experience for a lot of people.

Bottom line, Rugby League Live 3 was overpriced and dissapointing and nothing has changed in three months!
(12-02-2015, 09:56 AM)Pierce_mx Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-01-2015, 10:13 PM)Ruck Wrote: [ -> ]Comparing it to Fallout 4 doesn't really make sense, but by your logic... Fallout 4 is also an unfinished game. (As it has bugs and glitches and needs a patch).
I'd have to disagree with you here... Yes fallout has frame drops from time to time, and there may be a character that is standing halfway through a closed door, but none of this really affects the gameplay, or immersion of said game. Fallout 4 is a HUGE game, and these type of anomalies are to be expected. Look at the sheer size of the map, then build into that the different characters/dialogue etc. Yes you are right, apples and oranges, but Fallout is far superior in terms of build quality.

(12-01-2015, 10:13 PM)Ruck Wrote: [ -> ]A money grab would have been dusting off RLL2 and adding new jerseys and player likenesses, but each to their own I guess. Smile
Yes that would be an attemp at a money grab, however it would have been another Tony Hawk Pro Skater, people just didn't buy it due to the crappy graphics. As with RLL3, if the graphics were last gen, people may not have bought it. Although, I think most people are more interested in gameplay, over graphics. So maybe that could;ve been the right option...?

(12-01-2015, 11:35 PM)benrhino Wrote: [ -> ]Again, I don't get how people can hold fifa up as a bastion of constant progress, it's not changed in about 3 years, and certainly not in the next gen era, career mode is extremely limited. Madden is even worse.
EA are shockers for re-releasing the same game over and over. I did the stupid thing of selling NHL15 to make way for NHL16... Waste of time. It seems like the same game as last year. EA up to their usual mastery!
In saying that, at least their games are fairly high quality to begin with and don't have the same issues we are talking about here. Once again, very different size market and developers behind each games. So it can be hard to compare the two. I'd love to see what 2K could do with RLL3. It'd never happen becuase they wouldn't move the number of copies worth making it.

You say they don't have the same issues, but imo they do. Madden career mode is so far from an accurate representation of NFL it's not even funny. Like RL games they cant seem to get a realistic amount of penalties, there are issues with the AI, the overpowered scrambling and the difficulty levels. passing was even more broke before I believe it was patched in record time. The amount of likeness is so small, for a roster size I'm guessing is comparable to RLL, and the amount of retired players still in the pool when we get weekly roster updates is ridiculous.

All these complaints are similar to the ones I've seen levelled at RLL3 recently. I see people saying they feel ripped off or that they should only have paid half the price or whatever and I can't help but think their judging RLL3 too harshly.

(12-03-2015, 10:32 AM)SuperSteve16 Wrote: [ -> ]Rugby League Live 3 is almost unplayable to me. I personally want to play a game that feels like a rugby league match should, and the game offers nothing in that regard. Why do you get punished for trying to make metres with your forwards? And at least Fallout 4 will be getting plenty of patches in the first three months of release to fix its glitches, Live 3 has a huge amount of problems that actually ruin the experience for a lot of people.

Bottom line, Rugby League Live 3 was overpriced and dissapointing and nothing has changed in three months!

Personally the only forward I've really struggled to utilise are the second rowers, I consistently get decent stats from my props with ball in hand 10+ carries for 70+ metres. Let's not compare RLL3 to fallout, there is absolutely no common ground.

As for overpriced, In England you play 45 to 50 pounds for every single new to market game (it used to be 40 for PS3 games). Big Ant or Tru Blu whoever does the pricing is just charging the going rate. I have spent the same amount of money on far worse games than RLL3.

3 months is nothing for a small studio I have been/was unable to play MGSV for at least that amount of time because my brother had some DLC which because it wasn't on my account corrupted my save data and I was literally unable to play the game while logged into PSN. This is an issue which took them months to fix, and this is a big big company and a AAA game.
(12-03-2015, 10:39 AM)benrhino Wrote: [ -> ]3 months is nothing for a small studio I have been/was unable to play MGSV for at least that amount of time because my brother had some DLC which because it wasn't on my account corrupted my save data and I was literally unable to play the game while logged into PSN. This is an issue which took them months to fix, and this is a big big company and a AAA game.

This sounds like more of an anomalie than a genuine fault with the game. Where the complaints are about RLL3, they are coded into the game... Not a one-off case like this.

As far as Madden, I haven't played Madden since PS1, so I wouldn't be able to comment on how they play. Nor do I play sports games VS the computer. I purely play these types of games online. I've never really understood playing sports games against a cpu player. Although I did give the NBA 2k (be a pro thing a go).
(12-03-2015, 12:47 PM)gunns85 Wrote: [ -> ]Was PS1 online???? I don't think so!

When I was playing PS1 I still lived at home and would play sporting games against my brother or my friends... Same concept of playing online, by the fact that you are playing against a human and not a cpu.

Nice thought though! Rolleyes
The MGS thing was something that made the game unplayable. The point stands about how long it took to fix.

I grew up playing games against the cpu and against players in local couch multiplayer. The fact that a lot of games don't offer 2 player local multiplayer now annoys me.

I tend to stay away from online too many cheats/pay to wins/5 year olds. Perhaps this is why our experiences of RLL3 differ.
Consoles have apparently forgotten that some of us have family and friends... I'm like you Ben, grew up with Consoles meaning multiplayer fun in the same room. Online is ok in some cases but beating people that matter sitting next to you is where the action is really at.

Luckily RLL3 doesn't ignore this... Smile.
(12-03-2015, 07:38 PM)Ruck Wrote: [ -> ]Consoles have apparently forgotten that some of us have family and friends... I'm like you Ben, grew up with Consoles meaning multiplayer fun in the same room. Online is ok in some cases but beating people that matter sitting next to you is where the action is really at.

Luckily RLL3 doesn't ignore this... Smile.

Totally agree I've had some great times playing 1v1 local multi-player with rll3 the competition gets intense, online is just not the same
One vs. One is great fun.... Two vs. Two.... friendly fire sledging can be just as much fun. Smile
That's it, it matters when the person is sat next to you. Trying to earn written apologies or sandwiches on fifa.
(12-03-2015, 10:32 AM)SuperSteve16 Wrote: [ -> ]Rugby League Live 3 is almost unplayable to me. I personally want to play a game that feels like a rugby league match should, and the game offers nothing in that regard. Why do you get punished for trying to make metres with your forwards? And at least Fallout 4 will be getting plenty of patches in the first three months of release to fix its glitches, Live 3 has a huge amount of problems that actually ruin the experience for a lot of people.

I really don't know what all the fuss is about, I think Rugby League Live 3 is an excellent game, I play on pro mode and it's compelling game play, yes there is bugs but i can live with them until a patch is released.