Big Ant Studios

Full Version: PS4 / XBOX ONE Update when to expect
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This is what happens when you don't re-use the same game engine for a sequel from the last prequel and spend a whole year maybe(?) building it from scratch. Especially the fact that MOST of RLL2's game engine functions so well to a point that we there isn't any BS from RLL3 that we are experiencing. I've never ever seen a game sequel in my life where they've used a game engine rebuilt from scratch.

Grid Iron passes?
Wrong Commentary?
Hot Potato Passes?
Dumb retarded Als?

Why wasn't this tested during development? That's just me naming less than a quarter of obvious flaws there are.

If it was, it was probably looked at as "Ah we have a bug here. Don't worry, we'll patch it later" ...

Don't mean to be a real dick, but I've kept this inside of me weeks after release. Take my comments as you will.
Big Ant and the Admins are quite reasonable... they just don't tolerate trolls or fools.

I for one, like that Big Ant are willing to shake things up and not just rinse and repeat when it comes to their games.
(12-01-2015, 08:46 AM)Shaun Wrote: [ -> ]RLL3 at this current stage is a bit on enigma. It has so many good things going for it, but foI every good thing, theres something which takes away from the experience. This game has potential to be one that you'd play everday, but in its current state, its more infuriating than enjoyable.

Absolutely agree with this.
And they have built on RLL2 with a better game in RLL3. Smile

Comparing it to Fallout 4 doesn't really make sense, but by your logic... Fallout 4 is also an unfinished game. (As it has bugs and glitches and needs a patch).

A money grab would have been dusting off RLL2 and adding new jerseys and player likenesses, but each to their own I guess. Smile
About to be 3 months after release and still no patch. What's frustrating is that the patch is not some sort of add-on or expansion requested by the fans, but just a damn fix for the ridiculous amount of game breaking bugs and glitches this game has.

I bought this Tru Blu/Big Ant game on the day of release, it will never happen again.
Again, I don't get how people can hold fifa up as a bastion of constant progress, it's not changed in about 3 years, and certainly not in the next gen era, career mode is extremely limited. Madden is even worse.
(12-01-2015, 10:13 PM)Ruck Wrote: [ -> ]Comparing it to Fallout 4 doesn't really make sense, but by your logic... Fallout 4 is also an unfinished game. (As it has bugs and glitches and needs a patch).
I'd have to disagree with you here... Yes fallout has frame drops from time to time, and there may be a character that is standing halfway through a closed door, but none of this really affects the gameplay, or immersion of said game. Fallout 4 is a HUGE game, and these type of anomalies are to be expected. Look at the sheer size of the map, then build into that the different characters/dialogue etc. Yes you are right, apples and oranges, but Fallout is far superior in terms of build quality.

(12-01-2015, 10:13 PM)Ruck Wrote: [ -> ]A money grab would have been dusting off RLL2 and adding new jerseys and player likenesses, but each to their own I guess. Smile
Yes that would be an attemp at a money grab, however it would have been another Tony Hawk Pro Skater, people just didn't buy it due to the crappy graphics. As with RLL3, if the graphics were last gen, people may not have bought it. Although, I think most people are more interested in gameplay, over graphics. So maybe that could;ve been the right option...?

(12-01-2015, 11:35 PM)benrhino Wrote: [ -> ]Again, I don't get how people can hold fifa up as a bastion of constant progress, it's not changed in about 3 years, and certainly not in the next gen era, career mode is extremely limited. Madden is even worse.
EA are shockers for re-releasing the same game over and over. I did the stupid thing of selling NHL15 to make way for NHL16... Waste of time. It seems like the same game as last year. EA up to their usual mastery!
In saying that, at least their games are fairly high quality to begin with and don't have the same issues we are talking about here. Once again, very different size market and developers behind each games. So it can be hard to compare the two. I'd love to see what 2K could do with RLL3. It'd never happen becuase they wouldn't move the number of copies worth making it.
To be fair Pierce.. I don't think either game is unfinished. Bugs and Glitches happen... my point was that Fallout is a HUGE game... not a Niche game like Rugby League. Both games are finished, just with issues. Smile

On the other note... DBC showed that Big Ant weren't just looking to "copy and paste" with their games. RLL3 is another step in the right direction in my opinion.

And I have to agree with you and Ben on the EA front. Was warming to Fifa and then they removed the Creation Centre.
(12-01-2015, 10:13 PM)Ruck Wrote: [ -> ]A money grab would have been dusting off RLL2 and adding new jerseys and player likenesses, but each to their own I guess. Smile

You mean like the hilariously titled RLL2 Game of the Year Edition (I'm still yet to find anyone who considers RLL2 the best game of 2012), or the WCC?
Poor example, RLL2 GOTY edition was just a version of the game that included the DLC... IMO aimed at new customers. One could have simply downloaded the DLC. (If you believe every bit of marketing then you probably own a Jeep and love Anthony Mundine...)

http://www.giantbomb.com/game-of-the-yea...3015-3825/