Big Ant Studios

Full Version: PS4 / XBOX ONE Update when to expect
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Would you guys like them to release an unfinished patch? It will come out when it's ready, in the meantime get a life, do something else, plenty of other video games out there to fill the time rather than spewing hyperbole on a forum.
(11-27-2015, 11:20 AM)FissionMailed Wrote: [ -> ]Would you guys like them to release an unfinished patch? It will come out when it's ready, in the meantime get a life, do something else, plenty of other video games out there to fill the time rather than spewing hyperbole on a forum.

We heard the same argument about the game, it got delay, its still not finished....
"I'd much rather go another month, two months, three months or more before we get given any form of media/promotion and have it be the best and most accurate it can than them rushing through to release things because people are getting impatient.

It always gets to me how fans demand content as if they are entitled to it. Fact of the matter is, we're not. We have no claim or authority to demand things. Yes, I get we are excited. Heck that's why we are registered users and post on a daily basis. It's fair to want things, but to keep on questioning 'why cant you release this' 'why cant you tell us the release date' etc.

Ross, Keith. At first, I was envious of you. I was jealous of you guys because you get to see much more of whats coming (I assume). You know what's happening behind closed doors. But now, I'm not envious of you anymore. If anything, I would hate to be in your shoes with the constant flack, demands and wants of people who really, at the end of the day, don't have a right to be so demanding. Passionate yes but my god!!"

https://forum.bigant.com/post-31372.html#pid31372 Post #1302
Maybe it will be released after the Draw at 4pm!!!
We got the new TV Deal just now,
Draw at 3pm.
RLL3 Update at 4pm.
The Trifecta You Beauty!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Highly unlikely Horrie, I doubt Sony or Microsoft care too much about the release of the NRL Draw.

But it is good to have the first 20 rounds confirmed this far in advance. Smile
(11-27-2015, 01:23 PM)gunns85 Wrote: [ -> ]Exactly, The point is beta seems finished and works well - no excuses or explanations!!! BA are "to be honest" a disgrace, like I said before if it wasn't the fans putting in countless hours the player likeness and stuff would be pathetic!!!! so the fans have EVERY RIGHT to expect answers!!!! Exclamation

The problem is that releasing it on a console means it'll need verification with Microsoft & Sony which will take much longer for the update to be approved and downloadable for us. The process is much easier and simple with Steam.

Though, I'll admit a couple of my last posts on this thread that you can tell I'm being a little demanding and inpatient but looks like to me now its Microsoft/Sony we should be "targeting" now.

(11-27-2015, 03:33 PM)Ruck Wrote: [ -> ]Highly unlikely Horrie, I doubt Sony or Microsoft care too much about the release of the NRL Draw.

But it is good to have the first 20 rounds confirmed this far in advance. Smile

Would love the new draw be implemented in the game in a distant future update tbh.
If we release the PC version later, as is industry standard, we get slammed by them.

If we release the PC on time and patch it fast(!) we get slammed by the Console crowd.

What should be obvious is that we've done the work on the Steam version, if I'm not answering questions on the Console then assume I can't, for whatever reason - this is not a Big Ant owned development, it is not my place to make announcements.

PS: I've had very little time to get on here lately but have organised staff to be here every day.
(11-27-2015, 12:24 PM)Ruck Wrote: [ -> ]"I'd much rather go another month, two months, three months or more before we get given any form of media/promotion and have it be the best and most accurate it can than them rushing through to release things because people are getting impatient.

It always gets to me how fans demand content as if they are entitled to it. Fact of the matter is, we're not. We have no claim or authority to demand things. Yes, I get we are excited. Heck that's why we are registered users and post on a daily basis. It's fair to want things, but to keep on questioning 'why cant you release this' 'why cant you tell us the release date' etc.

Ross, Keith. At first, I was envious of you. I was jealous of you guys because you get to see much more of whats coming (I assume). You know what's happening behind closed doors. But now, I'm not envious of you anymore. If anything, I would hate to be in your shoes with the constant flack, demands and wants of people who really, at the end of the day, don't have a right to be so demanding. Passionate yes but my god!!"

https://forum.bigant.com/post-31372.html#pid31372 Post #1302

Thanks for going back and quoting a post from me from BEFORE release, when I had faith.
Thanks for proving I was being patient - I sure as hell aren't anymore especially with posts like that.
Enjoy the last purchase, I sure as hell won't be buying another game in a hurry

Why? Heres why....
I stuck up for you guys
I showed faith in you guys.

The console version obviously wasn't tested or at least very well.
Some of the things that the supposed patch is meant to fix, should never have been released in the state it was.

I still question how the jersey clashes still got in, I still question if anyone even noticed the constant strips, the AI who move OUT OF THE WAY to allow a try.
I question some of the player likenesses, sure we have FanHub but is it really the fans responsibility to make players resemble their real life counter parts irregardless - As a Warriors fan, it was laughable looking at Mason Lino for example. I know he hadn't played in First Grade at the time his player model would probably have been created, but even his skin colour is wrong! It's like you'd never even seen him!

I'm actually willing to forgo these problems. I've actually tried my best to be understandable about this whole disappointing fiasco.

What gets me is the blind defense of the product, and the fact that your quick to take our money, but obviously don't care for customer relations. I havn't asked for a specific date. I havn't 'demanded anything' as the post says.

I've tried to ask if its possible we will see the patch this side of Christmas. My question started with just a slightest indication - hell I even praised BA on the amount of things getting fixed and have said the game will be fantastic with the patches. I have been supporting your product while being frustrated here.

All you've actually done by quoting me from before the release of the game, is highlight the decline of faith in BA by one of your most loyal customers.
For your sake, I'd hate to know how the not-so-engaged customers (ones who dont make the effort to follow the game, or come on the forums) are feeling. Just a quick search on trademe and e-bay show there are alot of 2nd hand copies on sale. Sure RLL3 was a top seller upon release, but just out of curiosity - how are the sales going now? I genuinely don't know.

Next time you wish to use my own posts against me, I'd suggest to think otherwise because this kind of non-nonsensical (and pardon my french here) bullshit doesn't help anything, just comes across as just wanting to silence an unhappy customer. That and it wasn't relevant to what we are talking about.

I'll highlight again what I've done
Regular posting on message board
Pre-ordered game
Stuck up for and defended BA during the delays
Have been more than understanding about the patch delays
Only asked for an indication, and then whether its possible this side of xmas or not (NOTE, NOT ONCE HAVE I ASKED FOR A SPECIFIC DATE)
Praised BA on the amount of fixes in patch, and have even said the product will be fantastic with patches - That much is obvious from PC gamers.
Now I'm losing my cool. Maybe I should just drop any hope of any patch that will come out. Is that what you want? For people to lose hope, and hope we will go away?

The fact your comparing people demanding to know when a trailer is released to when people want what is broken to be fixed, is quite laughable. The two are uncomparable. Before release, those people had no leg to stand on. Now, to question when a patch is coming out to fix the obvious flaws, after purchase is more than fair and to imply it isn't is beyond a joke. If you got sold a dud product, would you not question when it would be fixed? Its a consumer right.

FWIW, I do appreciate having the availability of folks like HBK on board, and bless him, he does what he can do and in good nature. I get that his hands are tied with to what he can and can't disclose. This isn't an attack on him personally, or any other employee, I'm just trying to vent here. The game has so much promise and has done alot of great things, but in its current state, it doesn't mean much. Also FWIW, I do think the patches will make this game great. From all accounts from the PC gamers, its been fantastic. I don't doubt that whatsoever. A little communication to those who have handed their hard earned wouldn't go amiss, and a bit of understanding of our predicament would be good too, I've yet to see even the slightest bit of empathy here. Sure you've recognised things that need fixing, but understand why we are getting so impatient. None of this quoting irrelevant post bullshit.
Well, when you go around saying the game "Stinks Arse" and is "unfinished" or a "dust collector"... I'm going to remind you that it's ok to be Passionate.... but Dear Merciful God!!!!. Wink

As Ross posted just before your wall of text, "What should be obvious is that we've (Big Ant) done the work on the Steam version, if I'm not answering questions on the Console then assume I can't, for whatever reason - this is not a Big Ant owned development, it is not my place to make announcements."

I wonder, has anyone bothered nagging Tru Blu about the patch?
whats the web address for the RLL3 Tru Blu forums?