Big Ant Studios

Full Version: Dangerous tackle/throw, a way to balance arm pins and low tackles?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I like the current combination of tackles available to the player.

The main two on the face buttons are currently the arm pin (B button) and low tackle (A button)

Both have an advantage; the arm pin stops offloads and the low tackle avoids fends. Both also have disadvantages as arm pins are more likely to be fended whilst low tackle are more likey to be side stepped.

However the arm pin has an additional disadvantage when combined with sprint, which is the chance of conceding a high tackle. I believe an equivalent risk should be in place for the low tackle.
My suggestion is to introduce dangerous tackles/lifting tackles such as those seen a couple times in the GF, like Ben Hunts and seen throughout the year a plenty.

Obviously this wouldn't be likely to be included until RLL4 as it would require a bunch of new motion capture, but I think it really addresses two issues well:
1. The lack of one type of common penalty (dangerous tackle/lifting tackle/throw)
2. The inequality between arm pin and low tackles

This would also provide something else players could be suspended for. More depth is never bad, right?

Two me that just leaves one major area of penalties uncovered, being hand in the ruck/hand on the ball.
The remaining common penalties would pretty much be covered, being offside, holding too long, high tackle and dangerous tackle/lifting.
Good post máte. However, in playing the game, I have never managed to concede a penner by a high tackle when sprinting. Maybe off topic....but the fast play the ball doesnt seem to work...and how do you know if you are doing hit ups? Just looks like I'm being tackled anyway.
What about obstruction? I've never encountered it or even seen it on any RLL games. If it's not in there it should be ☺ there needs to also be some sort of implementation of penalties around the scrum. I agree about the ruck area and lifting as mentioned above.

Spelling error.
Hate it when you u grubber kick near opposition line....ball hits opponent and comes back to one of your players....and the tackle count isn't reset.....grrrrrrr
(10-05-2015, 05:02 AM)Frankieabbott Wrote: [ -> ]Hate it when you u grubber kick near opposition line....ball hits opponent and comes back to one of your players....and the tackle count isn't reset.....grrrrrrr

I have given up kicking on the last tackle if I am within 20m because my bombs go dead, my chips go to an opponent and I am yet to put a grubber in the ingoal like you say
I do like the idea of introducing the "lifting penalty" for low tackles. However, aren't the opportunity for offloads the second disadvantage of low tackles?
Sorry you're right there. But one can get away with holding sprint and low tackle carelessly all game, but extra caution must be taken for sprint and arm pin tackle. This is where I meant there is an inequality.

I also agree on obstructions, I just think it's not possible while there isn't a collision system with the player models.