Big Ant Studios

Full Version: Grand Final to be simulcast on GEM in HD.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
The NRL grand final will be shown in HD nation-wide this year. Big Grin

http://www.tvtonight.com.au/2015/09/nine...in-hd.html
No Roosters no care Sad
Well..... how very selfless of you to be so happy for everybody else who'd like to see it in HD.
About time, now do this for every game channel nine! Who watches GEM anyway for anything other than sport?
The federal government has finally committed to making the necessary legislative changes that will allow Nine to make their primary channel HD, so they won't need to simulcast on GEM to show the games in high definition. It just won't be ready in time for the Grand Final, hence showing it on GEM.

Seven are doing the same for the AFL Grand Final.
Mayday! Mayday! I have to go to an 18th Birthday party at 4:30 on Sunday and the match starts at 6:15/6:30 QLD time!!!!!!!! HELP!!!!!! Does anyone have any good excuses I can use to get out of going or leaving early? I don't think a sickie will work this time.

P.s. Quite obviously they are not a sporting family so no smart comments about that from anyone. This is a serious matter.
Honesty? Tell them that the Grand Final is a higher priority for you.

Alternatively, you could suggest that they put the game on at the party and turn it into a Grand Final/Birthday party.
Don't listen to Steeler, do it the SOR way.

You call and you say the following:

"Hey, remember that party you invited me to? I'm not coming so GO SCREW" and hang up. If they call back don't answer.
(09-30-2015, 07:25 PM)Steeler Wrote: [ -> ]Honesty? Tell them that the Grand Final is a higher priority for you.

Alternatively, you could suggest that they put the game on at the party and turn it into a Grand Final/Birthday party.

I'm a nice guy, I'm not going to tell them that. Btw I was overexaggerating a bit and just having a bit of a laugh. As far as I understand the Grand Final will be on T.V. in their house which is a relief. I am shocked however about how little people consider sporting events when organising social occasions. I have had to miss the Bledisloe for an engagement party, the AFL grand final rematch between St Kilda and Collingwood for a birthday, the RL GF for a social event as well as a horrifying camping trip with my Family a few years ago where I missed both Grand Finals. Big Grin

(09-30-2015, 07:29 PM)SOR Wrote: [ -> ]Don't listen to Steeler, do it the SOR way.

You call and you say the following:

"Hey, remember that party you invited me to? I'm not coming so GO SCREW" and hang up. If they call back don't answer.

That is always an optionBig GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig Grin
Memories of Peter Cook Smile

"You Rang?": Peter Cook receives a phone call from the "Bubonic Plagiarist" himself David Frost. "Peter, I'm having a little dinner party on behalf of Prince Andrew and his bride-to-be Sarah Ferguson. I know they'd love to meet you - big fans. It'd be super if you could make it - Wednesday 12th." "Oh, hang on, I'll just check my diary," Cook replies. "On dear, I find I'm watching television that night.
Pages: 1 2