Big Ant Studios

Full Version: Different kicks(bomb, grubbers, cross field,ect.):)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
My Intial impressions is the kicking, particularly the bombs have been improved tremendously. The bomb features and options have become one of my favorite things in this game, there is so much you can do in this situation and the variety in things that can happen in this situation is amazing( hats off to Big Ant Smile love it). I have had some real highlight stuff with bombs, awesome, reminds me of the intro in original Stacey Jones rugby league by sidhe, funny thing is in that game you couldn't do what is in the intro of that game , playing the song "that's my team", I imagine that over and over again as I catch a bomb.Smile It feels like a rock, paper ,scissors thing but secured with player stats.(great system!!!)
Still experimenting with grubbers , it feels like it has changed some as well . Feel like there is a sweet spot for getting a good long grubber, like you can overpower it and it won't go as far. ( not sure yet still testing it)
On the punts is it supposed to kick it away even if you don't release the left trigger.
Not sure if that has been changed or its a bug?

Awesome stuff!!!!

Cheers and Salud
Thats good to hear because i really like to kick alot (too much Ricky Stewart) back in the day Big Grin This goes a bit back but Arl 96 had great kicking
I think the kicking is the biggest improvement
yea the ball bounces more natural, i done a nice kick in the in goal area where i thought i over kicked it but it just bounce up and sat up nicely. instead of its usual 20m bounce.
Kicking is fantastic, bombs near the goal line is an excellent plan b for scoring now, gives you a decent chance in goal. Grubbers are decent like posted above seems to have a technique to it, it can also backfire on you with the cpu running one back on ya. I have still yet to kick a 40/20 after 12 games, although I really haven't set up for any but punting is solid and easy. Goal kicking is relatively easy but I like the options you have now and I still miss a few. The final touch I would add would be signature gk stances I'd like to see Croker's and Sowards ridiculous set up among others.
(09-14-2015, 11:42 PM)Eastern Suburbs Wrote: [ -> ]I think the kicking is the biggest improvement

That's good to hear......especially a punt when Im desperately defending on my 10 metre line on fifth tackle. Get the kick away quickly......and long. Rolleyes
(09-15-2015, 12:47 AM)KnightsInStyle Wrote: [ -> ]yea the ball bounces more natural, i done a nice kick in the in goal area where i thought i over kicked it but it just bounce up and sat up nicely. instead of its usual 20m bounce.

To nitpick, I think the punts sit up too much and could use some more roll on.

Bombs are heaps better, even better than RLL!
Grubbers are great.... i need them to get repeat sets cos i cant score close to the line.
(09-17-2015, 08:46 AM)DEVICER Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-15-2015, 12:47 AM)KnightsInStyle Wrote: [ -> ]yea the ball bounces more natural, i done a nice kick in the in goal area where i thought i over kicked it but it just bounce up and sat up nicely. instead of its usual 20m bounce.

To nitpick, I think the punts sit up too much and could use some more roll on.

Bombs are heaps better, even better than RLL!

I've found that sometimes they roll on heaps over the dead ball line and then other times they pull up nicely , and also depends on the weather conditions which is very realistic.
Yeah I've noticed the ball sits up a lot on the punt, it rarely roles on. Especially going for 40/20's, but then I've kicked it long before and it's rolled dead so I wonder if kicking it on an angle makes it sit up. Chip kicks are still useless, never pulled one off. Always get tackled before hand. I wish there was a quick kick option like rugby challenge, where you tap the button and it just goes right away instead of aiming. Especially when you are attacking the goal line and your player doesn't stand back far enough, even when set up for the kick. He gets swamped.
Pages: 1 2